Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I've read on here about folks combining many small Walmart gift cards into one when buying Disney gift cards as Sam's Club. I think most say they do this at the customer service counter, but I'm guessing this is more useful at Sam's than Walmart. Based on my experience last night, at Walmart save yourself some trouble just grab a WM gift card and head to self checkout to buy it with your GC's.

I was trying to use my AmEx offer for $15 off a $30 SamsClub.com purchase last night but I had 5 swagbucks gift cards I've been saving up for it. Only 4 are allowed for online orders, so my plan was to hit Walmart to combine them first. I head to customer service, there's only one lady in line in front of me and she has an easy return so I'm up quick. I ask the CSR if she can combine my 5 gift cards into one and she's not sure. She calls for the manager, but instead of just asking over the walkie or asking the manager to call, she just says she needs assistance. Well the manager is cleaning up a spill so it'll be a few minutes. After waiting close to 10 minutes the manager arrives and I ask her the same question. She responds "there's no way to combine them, they're all different numbers" :confused3
I don't really find much use for the term dumbfounded anymore and yet that's exactly what I was for a few seconds. Just really did not know how to respond to that. Then I ask "well can you just use these to pay for a new gift card?" and she said "we're really not supposed to do that"
:idea: so basically that means it works they just won't do it, gotcha.
So I take my leave and my plan was to hit another WM to avoid issues and just go through self checkout but I forgot I wasn't heading in that direction. After my other errand, about 20 minutes later I went back in, found a gift card, self checkout was practically empty, entered $110 then scanned all 5 gift cards to pay for it easy peasy. Took like 2 minutes, I'm pretty sure it was longer getting in and out of the parking lot.

Something else I learned last night is you have to select how much money from each form of payment on SamsClub.com; it doesn't automatically take all the money off the gift card. I knew it would do it for multiple CC's just didn't realize it did it for GC's too. That's a nice feature, if I had known that I would have put all my little gift cards on the same one. But all said and done I bought the $150 Disney GC pack for free :) I had $110 in swagbucks money, I'll have $15 statement credit on my AmEx, and $20 from Bing rewards cashed out to PayPal will cover the $17.98. (I already miss that option :()

The 10% Amex Offer on Staples is indeed both for in-store or online; however, when buying the $100 Disney gift card online there is an extra $1.99 shipping/handling fee per card. If you have the Offer on the Amex SimplyCash card, which earns 5% back at Office supplies stores, you might earn an extra 5% back although the amex terms for the SimplyCash card state the 5% is for ELIGIBLE PURCHASES at office supply stores and " Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents." So there is a good chance you will only get the 10% + 1% with the SimplyCash card if purchasing gift cards. I don't know if the Amex RAT team (stand for Rewards Abuse Team) is actively looking at denying the 5%, I haven't heard anyone who has purchased gift cards at Office Supply stores recently say whether they have gotten the 5% with amex. (Probably because most people who would purchase gift cards at an Office Supply store would do it with a Chase ink card where the points are worth more.)

That being said, my point is since this offer is good until mid November, if you have this offer on a Simplycash card and are going to be buying a computer soon, or school supplies this summer, you may want to save the offer for that and for sure get the extra 5% back. If your kids are going to be needing a graphing calculator, last summer they were on sale at Staples from mid July to mid August for $89.99.

Yes, I was able to use the coupons multiple times - both the Visa/MC and the general 3rd party coupon. I just checked, and both coupons are still active in my account. Bummer that yours is gone!

How is this possible!?! I use it once and it's gone and I'm a frequent shopper! Granted I get some pretty decent "Customer Bonus" coupons on my account and in the mail but this would be the cats meow for me. What's your secret? What state do you live in? We live in Michigan. I wonder if it's by territory, hmm.

Obviously I'm jealous, most importantly extremely happy for you and anyone able to get awesome deals but yeah, this stinks for me! :worried: :hug:

How is this possible!?! I use it once and it's gone and I'm a frequent shopper! Granted I get some pretty decent "Customer Bonus" coupons on my account and in the mail but this would be the cats meow for me. What's your secret? What state do you live in? We live in Michigan. I wonder if it's by territory, hmm.

Obviously I'm jealous, most importantly extremely happy for you and anyone able to get awesome deals but yeah, this stinks for me! :worried: :hug:
I checked out of curiosity and mine is also still there though I used it once last Friday. I'm in Colorado.

I checked out of curiosity and mine is also still there though I used it once last Friday. I'm in Colorado.

OMG!!! Its' back!!! I got it!!! OH! So making a stop at kroger! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If you had not posted I wouldn't have looked again. :worship::worship::worship:.

I swear it wasn't there a few days ago! And have to admit my computer has been acting funky for about a week but that should have nothing to do with my Kroger account. I so happy!!!!!
party::dancer:party:

Wish I could post an image but my computer won't let me and it keeps shutting down very frustrating!

This is what I keep getting on any site I'm looking at. And my photos have this crazy face when I try to post on my MNSSHP itinerary, costume and magic shot threads. VERY very frustrating!

upload_2018-6-14_12-23-26.png

I know I've read on here about folks combining many small Walmart gift cards into one when buying Disney gift cards as Sam's Club. I think most say they do this at the customer service counter, but I'm guessing this is more useful at Sam's than Walmart. Based on my experience last night, at Walmart save yourself some trouble just grab a WM gift card and head to self checkout to buy it with your GC's.

I was trying to use my AmEx offer for $15 off a $30 SamsClub.com purchase last night but I had 5 swagbucks gift cards I've been saving up for it. Only 4 are allowed for online orders, so my plan was to hit Walmart to combine them first. I head to customer service, there's only one lady in line in front of me and she has an easy return so I'm up quick. I ask the CSR if she can combine my 5 gift cards into one and she's not sure. She calls for the manager, but instead of just asking over the walkie or asking the manager to call, she just says she needs assistance. Well the manager is cleaning up a spill so it'll be a few minutes. After waiting close to 10 minutes the manager arrives and I ask her the same question. She responds "there's no way to combine them, they're all different numbers" :confused3
I don't really find much use for the term dumbfounded anymore and yet that's exactly what I was for a few seconds. Just really did not know how to respond to that. Then I ask "well can you just use these to pay for a new gift card?" and she said "we're really not supposed to do that"
:idea: so basically that means it works they just won't do it, gotcha.
So I take my leave and my plan was to hit another WM to avoid issues and just go through self checkout but I forgot I wasn't heading in that direction. After my other errand, about 20 minutes later I went back in, found a gift card, self checkout was practically empty, entered $110 then scanned all 5 gift cards to pay for it easy peasy. Took like 2 minutes, I'm pretty sure it was longer getting in and out of the parking lot.

Something else I learned last night is you have to select how much money from each form of payment on SamsClub.com; it doesn't automatically take all the money off the gift card. I knew it would do it for multiple CC's just didn't realize it did it for GC's too. That's a nice feature, if I had known that I would have put all my little gift cards on the same one. But all said and done I bought the $150 Disney GC pack for free :) I had $110 in swagbucks money, I'll have $15 statement credit on my AmEx, and $20 from Bing rewards cashed out to PayPal will cover the $17.98. (I already miss that option :()
Walmart stopped combining gift cards a few years ago. The employee should’ve told you that instead of having you wait.

I converted 5 $5 Shopkick Walmart gift cards and 2 discounted $25 gift cards yesterday to buy a $50 and $25 Disney gift card. I’ve had the Swagbucks gift cards for a few months. I bought a Thank you card for someone that ended up being $3 which is 3x as much as I wanted to pay for it. You would think I had like a 100 other items with a 100 coupons. The cashier, manager, and the people behind me were so rude. I was about to tell her to take the card off but I was just ready to leave. Walmart employees are the worse. Why I don’t shop at Walmart anymore. I don’t know what I was thinking cashing out at Walmart vs Target.

Walmart stopped combining gift cards a few years ago. The employee should’ve told you that instead of having you wait.

I converted 5 $5 Shopkick Walmart gift cards and 2 discounted $25 gift cards yesterday to buy a $50 and $25 Disney gift card. I’ve had the Swagbucks gift cards for a few months. I bought a Thank you card for someone that ended up being $3 which is 3x as much as I wanted to pay for it. You would think I had like a 100 other items with a 100 coupons. The cashier, manager, and the people behind me were so rude. I was about to tell her to take the card off but I was just ready to leave. Walmart employees are the worse. Why I don’t shop at Walmart anymore. I don’t know what I was thinking cashing out at Walmart vs Target.

My Walmart still combines gift cards at the customer service desk for me, with no attitude or issues. :D

I had the same feelings about Walmart as you, until we moved to the town we are in now two years ago. We have a very clean store, they keep stuff stocked and the workers are all very nice! I was shocked! I refuse to step foot in any other Walmart's though.

I had the same feelings about Walmart as you, until we moved to the town we are in now two years ago. We have a very clean store, they keep stuff stocked and the workers are all very nice! I was shocked! I refuse to step foot in any other Walmart's though.

Our local Walmart is surrounded by very nice and up scale subdivisions yet many of us don't go there due to "those" who do. Every year that location is featured in the news for bad stuff going on especially during Black Friday. No thanks!

Ordered Disney egift card yesterday and still have not received them. Ic alled them and they said I should have it later today.

Has this happened to anyone lately. I usually get them in under 1 hr.

Is there a limit of how many can be done per day? I've got a stash of Visa's I need to get through to earn SB points. TIA!
I've been doing 8 at a time. I go in with a fam member and we each do 4 separate transactions and I double check all bar codes when we go in to make sure I didn't duplicate any by accident. This also results in 4 charges on 2 different credit cards, I haven't had any issues so far but I was worried about triggering fraud alerts if I put 8 $50 transactions on after the other on one credit card.

Thanks for this! I read your post via cell and started printed them out last night. Hopefully BB has them in stock!

UPDATE:
I Just got back from Kroger and purchased another $100 Visa gift card - WOOT! Fuel points are shown on the receipt!

I also went to Best Buy and bought 3 - $50 gift cards. They had plenty and they restocked all.

The camera I want is still not worth buying at this time. Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 iv $849.99. They are willing to price match any site offering it lower and throw in a $50 gift card. :rolleyes:

BB Link: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-c...-digital-camera-black/9585002.p?skuId=9585002

My Walmart still combines gift cards at the customer service desk for me, with no attitude or issues. :D

It's unfortunate that WalMart's are so wildly hit or miss. It's a chain, you expect the same relative experience at all but WM just doesn't work like that. It's a shame, when they first came to our area 20 years ago they were the place to work and shop. All my friends that worked there liked it and they paid more than other retail gigs. Unfortunately after 20 years the pay didn't change and the quality of the merch declined and so now most stores aren't well kept and have less knowledgeable employees. I did find one WalMart that's not completely horrible and vaguely reminds me of how they used to be but that was the one in the wrong direction last night :)

I'm in Virginia. Bummer for you. Boo!

OMG!!! Its' back!!! I got it!!! OH! So making a stop at kroger! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If you had not posted I wouldn't have looked again. :worship::worship::worship:.

I swear it wasn't there a few days ago! And have to admit my computer has been acting funky for about a week but that should have nothing to do with my Kroger account. I so happy!!!!!
party::dancer:party:

Oops - just posted before seeing this! Yay!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter