Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowest amount you can buy is $25 and it goes up to $500.

I just finished my order for 2 - $25 cards and shipping was FREE. In fact, when I originally put in one and for $25, it was FREE also. I was shocked.

I bought one for myself because I read on another board that her payment card at a QS restaurant seemed to have been accidentally kept by the cashier and she had to run back and get it. All the cards the cashier had were the standard red cards but thankfully it turned out OK. She suggested (smartly) from then on, she would always carry a 'unique' card so it stood out. I thought that was a great idea and am going to do that.

My second one had to be for my daughter because it was Beauty & the Beast. I couldn't resist even though she's an adult. I love all the different kinds! So glad JamieW was kind enough to post the link.

I usually get mine the day after they say it will post. If they say the 18th, I get it on the 19th. See if you get it today.

The same for me. It always shows up the day AFTER it's listed!

Thank you for the replies! As you both said, it posted today, the day after it was listed. Now I know for future!

Just an FYI for Disney gift cards; the website states you get free shipping on gift cards to US addresses (no code required).

We both bought at the same time but I went through their website rather than the guys (I was still a little skiddish). I think its worth asking about a smaller purchase, I have a feeling they would accommodate that or send you to the website. The only difference this time from other times I have ordered from BJ's is I had to buy an online membership which was $10 for 1 year. You probably do not need to purchase the membership if you go directly through the guys.

I also purchased through the web site but had contacted them first, and they said to make the purchase on the web site using the regular posted price then send them the order number and they'd credit the amount to take it down to the 8% off (about $200 less), which they did.

She suggested (smartly) from then on, she would always carry a 'unique' card so it stood out. I thought that was a great idea and am going to do that.

I also put my initials on the back of the card that I use during the trip in permanent marker, just in case. I use the plain Mickey ones for room reservations, so those get marked as Room-1, Room-2, etc.

I also put my initials on the back of the card that I use during the trip in permanent marker, just in case. I use the plain Mickey ones for room reservations, so those get marked as Room-1, Room-2, etc.
This is what I do, write on any cards I have with me. I also write on the ones I give my kids to carry and bring the sharpie with me in my backpack in case I need to write on one again. those thin tip sharpies are wonderful!

Staples will have the Prepaid $200 Mastercards fee free next week (starting Sunday), so if you have the Amex Staples offer or have a Amex SimplyCash or a Chase ink card this can be worth it. Just worth mentioning, there have been more issues with Mastercards being hacked than Visas, so I would suggest registering these right when you get home and check the packaging in store before buying them to make sure it is sealed (also check the sides of the package, recently the crooks have been known to cut the package open on the side, copy the card number, and then glue the package back shut.)

Can the RMN be used a second time once we are pending on the first one?

Online, yes. I don't think you even need to wait for pending. You can do each deal 3 times in each month for each RMN account you have. If you and your spouse both have RMN accounts, you could do an online deal 6 times total.

In store, you need to wait for the first one to go to approved, not just pending, before you can reload and do it again. And make sure you link it again, because if you just go and buy with the same CC at the same store, but haven't gone into the RMN site and reactivated the offer, it won't work.

Just a reminder for PA giant friends. The $50 Happy cards deal expires today ($10 off of a minimum of $10 groceries with $50 Happy Lady/Bride/Guy, etc purchase)

Reporting a newbie mistake so other don't make it. I saved up about $700 in discounted GCs. Around day 5 of our 7 day trip I went to front desk and had them apply the gift card to my folio. She did and handed the GC back to me (but I can't find it). WDW had issues with end of trip folios going out to people last weekend and I called today to get it emailed to me. When I reviewed it there was only a random $63.17 credit to my folio from the gift card. Everything else went to my CC. HUH...makes no sense.

I then when online to check my GC balance - yep still over $600 on it.

What happened was Disney had just swept my folio balance over to my credit card mid stay. So, when the CM applied my gift card, my balance at the time was only $63.17. Thus that is all they took from the gift card.

I haven't decided yet if I will call and see if they can reverse the credit card charges and apply the gift card instead. Seems like a hassle.

BUT........What I am most thankful for at this moment is that you all taught me how to register my GCs and consolidate them on the DGC site. If I hadn't done that and I never find that GC then I would have really been SOL. At least now I can just go buy a small one somewhere and transfer that balance to it. Thank you for teaching me that trick!
I know from experience that they are able to reverse the credit card charges while you’re there at the resort and charge the gift card instead. It may be worth a phone call just to see if they can do it over the phone since you just discovered the issue.

Got an email overnight that my shopDisney order was cancelled after they attempted to contact me for additional info :badpc: Grrrrrr. No one tried to contact me. This makes me grumpy, especially as I still have a merchandise credit from the fall that they didnt use saying something was wrong and tried to contact me.

Hi
Last week I ordered the Rainforest gift card and another from Sam's Club when they had the one day online sale. I was not expecting Dosh to credit. I was pretty sure that was an in store only cash back. I did not know if Pei would and it did not. But what did was Acorns. I got a $1. from my order that was $105. Its not much but it was something special on top of a great deal. Just something to keep in mind if Sam's Club ever does another great online only sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter