Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staples is advertising in their weekly ad for next week (beginning on Sunday 7/7) "Buy 2 happy gift cards in store only , get a free $10 staples gift card."

There are a couple of things to realize here:

1) Staples only sells $25 happy gift cards in store, so you would be buying $50 in happy cards and getting $10, or 20%

2) The deal excludes happy guy gift cards, so if you want to convert to Disney you will have to get one of the cards for use at BBB.

3) You are not getting $10 off, you are getting a $10 staples gift card which may or may not be worth $10 to you, depending if you shop at Staples.

4) If using it to buy a Disney gift card at BBB, you would have to buy 2 separate $25 gift cards at BBB in 2 separate transactions or buy 1 $50 gift card and have the cashier do a split transaction. However, your chance of being shot down by a cashier increases astronomically when doing a split transaction, as there is a much greater chance of them asking you to see the card you are paying with.

Personally, this deal has too much work involved in it for me and the small payout to make it worth my time.

Their HQ closed at noon yesterday for the holiday. Not sure who you spoke with. I bought mine in April.

Their deal is based off sales quotas (no holiday promos). If they are down on GC sales, the % off is more, but minimum is 8% (actually 7.8%) for $5K or more (bulk).
I emailed on July 2nd (when I replied to this forum it was July 3rd, so they day before would be the 2nd) the person from BJ's who emailed me in April, responded on July 2nd.
It is what it is, of course I would like a higher % off.
Prior purchasing gc for our cruise this past Dec, we never even thought to purchase gift cards at a discount.
Going forward, we will purchase more when bj's has bigger discounts, never really tracked how often they offered it, just knew that the stores have them discounted.

Prior purchasing gc for our cruise this past Dec, we never even thought to purchase gift cards at a discount.
Going forward, we will purchase more when bj's has bigger discounts, never really tracked how often they offered it, just knew that the stores have them discounted.

Yes, its a good deal. Best times to check are end of April, July, Oct and Jan, as they are all end of quarter for sales (FY starts in Feb.) If they havent reached their quotas, then they sell with a deeper discount. Sadly though, as I mentioned, it was the 3 pack of 50's that I was offered. Took forever to enter them one at a time into the Disney website, going through each screen for each card and waiting about 2 minutes to "process payment". I need a vacation after that!!!

Yes, its a good deal. Best times to check are end of April, July, Oct and Jan, as they are all end of quarter for sales (FY starts in Feb.) If they havent reached their quotas, then they sell with a deeper discount. Sadly though, as I mentioned, it was the 3 pack of 50's that I was offered. Took forever to enter them one at a time into the Disney website, going through each screen for each card and waiting about 2 minutes to "process payment". I need a vacation after that!!!
do you combine them on the disneygiftcard website first? U can add up to $1000 on a card and can have 5 cards, then pay online or by phone

or u enter one $50 card at a time for payment on the DCL website? and now you have to keep all your $50 cards? this would take forever like you said above

this is all new to me

do you combine them on the disneygiftcard website first? U can add up to $1000 on a card and can have 5 cards, then pay online or by phone

or u enter one $50 card at a time for payment on the DCL website? and now you have to keep all your $50 cards? this would take forever like you said above

this is all new to me

I started the process of combining them on the gc website, but that was taking just as long. I spent about an hour or so per day for over a week entering them all in the Disney website as form of payment towards my trip. I do have them saved in a shoe box "just in case", but my balance is 0 on their website, so Im sure Im fine.

You can do either as you mentioned above.

I started the process of combining them on the gc website, but that was taking just as long. I spent about an hour or so per day for over a week entering them all in the Disney website as form of payment towards my trip. I do have them saved in a shoe box "just in case", but my balance is 0 on their website, so Im sure Im fine.

You can do either as you mentioned above.
You do want to hang on to them until after the trip on the off chance you get a refund, it'll automatically go back to the payment method on file- which is presumably the last one used but who knows with Disney IT. So while I've never had the DGC website take longer than their payment site, even if it did I combine mine so I only have a handful to hang on to. Just a thought to consider.

Thank you! I've been sitting on a virtual Visa from SB and I have been meaning to use it for a GC on shopdisney. I just ordered one. We'll see if I get credit on RMN. If not, no big deal. It was a free Visa GC so I'm already ahead of the game.
I just wanted to follow up. I ordered a $25 eGC on 7/3 and received it the same day. I had an email from RMN this morning that the purchase credited $2.00.

Last edited:
Trying to confirm my understanding of RMN policy. As of July 1 the number of times you can use an offer is 5 times a month. So for example Target has 5% cash back with a cap at $50. Does this mean if I do one purchase of $500 getting the max $50 cash back I am done for the month? Or could I do 5 $500 purchases in a month getting $50 back each time?

Trying to confirm my understanding of RMN policy. As of July 1 the number of times you can use an offer is 5 times a month. So for example Target has 5% cash back with a cap at $50. Does this mean if I do one purchase of $500 getting the max $50 cash back I am done for the month? Or could I do 5 $500 purchases in a month getting $50 back each time?

I don't know for sure, but I believe you can do five $1,000 purchases, getting $50 back each time. The transactions may have to be on different days, though. It's been awhile since I hit a RMN offer hard, so my memory's a bit fuzzy.

Are there any cash back instore offers on RMN anymore? When I first signed up there were great deals. $10 cash back off $25 at Walgreens or CVS. Then they dwindled down to $2 back on $100 at Home Depot. My husband shops there for work all the time. So it was a couple bucks here and there. But now nothing shows up in my app for instore cash back. I tried updating but its up to date. I've searched and filtered by instore. When I press Near me I only get coupons or some online stores that are also near me like Edible Arrangements.

Anyone else have offers? Is it just me?

Are there any cash back instore offers on RMN anymore? When I first signed up there were great deals. $10 cash back off $25 at Walgreens or CVS. Then they dwindled down to $2 back on $100 at Home Depot. My husband shops there for work all the time. So it was a couple bucks here and there. But now nothing shows up in my app for instore cash back. I tried updating but its up to date. I've searched and filtered by instore. When I press Near me I only get coupons or some online stores that are also near me like Edible Arrangements.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. I don’t think I’ve seen any in store offers on my app since maybe last winter. Got all sorts of good in store deals last September-October.

No in store offers for me.

I think RMN is just moving more online. Not sure why. Maybe it’s cheaper to monitor. Maybe stores didn't see an uptick in purchases with the in-store offers. As you say, your DH goes to HD regularly, so they don't really need to offer an incentive to get him in the door. As much as I loved getting them, I was pretty sure those $10 off $20 purchases weren't going to last very long last fall. I assume the stores and/or RMN lost quite a bit of money on those.

Online, though, people can shop here, there, and everywhere with a click of a button, so a cash-back platform that pushes someone to, say Macy's rather than JC Penny's, is more valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter