Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
how safe is raise? If I purchase a southwest giftcard that I don’t plan to use until March flights come out, will I be pretty safe?

how safe is raise? If I purchase a southwest giftcard that I don’t plan to use until March flights come out, will I be pretty safe?
I am right there with you! I love Raise, have used them many times, but I have read that if a gift card is reported stolen/lost etc SW will cancel your flight. The Raise money back guarantee is great but if my flight gets cancelled there is no guarantee that I will be able to get it again or that the price would be the same. I really want to get a SW card with the 7% discount code (plus 5% Discover when using PP, would end up saving almost 20%), but we don't fly out until May. Really thinking about it.

I am right there with you! I love Raise, have used them many times, but I have read that if a gift card is reported stolen/lost etc SW will cancel your flight. The Raise money back guarantee is great but if my flight gets cancelled there is no guarantee that I will be able to get it again or that the price would be the same. I really want to get a SW card with the 7% discount code (plus 5% Discover when using PP, would end up saving almost 20%), but we don't fly out until May. Really thinking about it.
But if you've already paid for your flight using that gift card it shouldn't matter, should it? If you haven't booked yet you could safely get the gift card and check to verify it's still good before you purchase your flight. If it isn't, get your money back from Raise. There shouldn't be any canceling of flights because you haven't booked them yet. I see you can't purchase flights yet, anyway so you should be safe.

Raise 7% off code works on the Disney giftcards on their site and mrrebates has raise at 4% right now. I bought $200 worth this morning and already transferred to another dgc on the giftcard website.
Which Disney gift cards did you purchase? Im seeing a category for Disney and one for Disney parks . Thanks

Damn it Target!! I applied for a redcard 8 days ago and haven't heard anything yet. It says 7-10 days... The wait is killing me. I can't find a way to check the status on line and the number to cal, you can't get a person without putting in an acct number:mad:

While you’ll get your money back don’t count on the savings until you’ve spent the card. I’ve bought cards on Raise that were later drained. I got my money back but having to spend cash in it’s place I lost my savings.

Oh my gosh that’s awful! I would never risk that then!

@ksromack I believe what @tzeitel is saying is you need to look at what happens after you book the flight with that gift card. This specific risk with southwest is from the moment you use the gift card to purchase your ticket until the moment you step on the plane of having your ticket cancelled. After you spend the money, even if it’s months from now, the other person could still contact SW claiming the gift card was stolen, someone who actually had the gift card stolen from them could discover the funds are gone and report it as stolen to Southwest, or the gift card could have been purchased using a stolen credit or debit card in which case the merchant may contact the gift card company who would contact southwest that it is a stolen gift card as everyone tries to get money back (that should happen within a couple months of the purchase though I would think). Basically- using a gift card doesn’t prevent it from being reported as stolen. If this happens to you at the end of the day you should get your money back from Raise- but now you have no plane ticket.

Oh my gosh that’s awful! I would never risk that then!

@ksromack I believe what @tzeitel is saying is you need to look at what happens after you book the flight with that gift card. This specific risk with southwest is from the moment you use the gift card to purchase your ticket until the moment you step on the plane of having your ticket cancelled. After you spend the money, even if it’s months from now, the other person could still contact SW claiming the gift card was stolen, someone who actually had the gift card stolen from them could discover the funds are gone and report it as stolen to Southwest, or the gift card could have been purchased using a stolen credit or debit card in which case the merchant may contact the gift card company who would contact southwest that it is a stolen gift card as everyone tries to get money back (that should happen within a couple months of the purchase though I would think). Basically- using a gift card doesn’t prevent it from being reported as stolen. If this happens to you at the end of the day you should get your money back from Raise- but now you have no plane ticket.
You put it so much better than I did in my rambling post :crazy:

Which Disney gift cards did you purchase? Im seeing a category for Disney and one for Disney parks . Thanks

It just says Disney giftcards. I clicked the buy again link for my last purchase of them to make sure they were the right ones. They say digital delivery and online use only which scared me a little. But they worked fine.

Last edited:
Just received my eDGC with filler (Minnie Mouse ears $12.95 for neice). Waiting for Rakuten (still can not get use to that name) to acknowledge shopDisney 7/23, Best Buy 7/25, and shopDisney today.

Does anyone know if Hard Rock Gift cards can be used at the Hard Rock Hotel for paying hotel fees? We have one night booked there in December but actually now that I think of it, we've already paid that off and it's Club Level so we probably wouldn't be eating at the hotel where we'd have to pay for it. Just for future reference, though!

If you're referring to the discounted Hard Rock Cafe gift cards that are at Sam's Club, then no they are not good at the hotels. I'm pretty sure Hard Rock only issues gift cards for restaurants and not hotels so even if it's not the Sam's club gift cards, then more than likely they are for the restaurants only.

I've used the discounted gift cards at the Hard Rock restaurants with no problem. But they are not good at the other restaurants inside the Hard Rock hotel so just be aware of that too.

I received the check today from my non-scanning Happy Guy card. It took 18 days. Both my first and last name are spelled wrong, not even the right number of letters in each. I had even called twice to make sure the info was correct because there were communication issues with the first call. Hopefully my bank will accept this check. In better news, the other Happy Guy card that I got with an Amex offer scanned fine for GCs at HD yesterday.

Since you cannot consolidate SW gift cards like Disney, you can apply them to a "dummy" purchase, then cancel. Be aware however that you'll have travel funds (not a voucher) that is limited in use to the passenger named in the dummy booking, and that expires one year from the date you make that booking (all travel must be completed by then).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter