Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever had their Target Red Card transaction denied when buying Disney gift cards before???

I have the Target debit card and went to buy $1000 in gift cards and my transaction was declined. I was told to call the Red Card number so I sat there and called them and after talking to the supervisor was told that it was too large of a transaction and that's why it was denied. I asked how much was the largest and she said she did not know. (Helpful, haha) I just did this back in December for our last trip and I told her that and she said she couldn't say why. The girl at the check out said it happened to someone earlier today too buying Disney gift cards with the Red Card.

Luckily for me, the girl working at the register was a former student of mine and just overrided me the $50 discount (awesome girl!) and I paid with my regular bank debit card. But otherwise I was told by the lady on the 1-800 number I had to call that my only solution to this issue was to use my regular debit card and then she would credit my bank the $50 'in a week or so.'

Yikes! What a nightmare. I've done this so many times and have had the Red card for nearly 2 years so I have no idea why this happened. I am trying to remember how many I bought back in December and it was a lot- at least $800 worth.

Don't know how helpful it'll be but JCPENNEY is on Dosh for 5% back, up to $8 per day. On its own, meh, but there are CC offers that pop up for department stores here and there so it'd be a good stack at that point. Only one I have right now is an AmEx offer for an online order, not helpful. AmEx BCE does get 2% at department stores as a bonus category.

The GC offerings vary at JCP, however when I was last in, there was no Disney but had Starbucks, Hotels .com and Air bnb along with iTunes and restaurants. Just something to keep an eye on.

Has anyone ever had their Target Red Card transaction denied when buying Disney gift cards before???

I have the Target debit card and went to buy $1000 in gift cards and my transaction was declined. I was told to call the Red Card number so I sat there and called them and after talking to the supervisor was told that it was too large of a transaction and that's why it was denied. I asked how much was the largest and she said she did not know. (Helpful, haha) I just did this back in December for our last trip and I told her that and she said she couldn't say why. The girl at the check out said it happened to someone earlier today too buying Disney gift cards with the Red Card.

Luckily for me, the girl working at the register was a former student of mine and just overrided me the $50 discount (awesome girl!) and I paid with my regular bank debit card. But otherwise I was told by the lady on the 1-800 number I had to call that my only solution to this issue was to use my regular debit card and then she would credit my bank the $50 'in a week or so.'

Yikes! What a nightmare. I've done this so many times and have had the Red card for nearly 2 years so I have no idea why this happened. I am trying to remember how many I bought back in December and it was a lot- at least $800 worth.
I bought $1000 online a couple of weeks ago. My credit limit is $3000.

I bought $1000 online a couple of weeks ago. My credit limit is $3000.

I have the debit card but still that shouldn't affect it... maybe it's because I tried in the store? Another DIS member on a separate thread said she was told there is a limit on in store gift cards of $300 per day at Target? Back to online purchases for me!

I have the debit card but still that shouldn't affect it... maybe it's because I tried in the store? Another DIS member on a separate thread said she was told there is a limit on in store gift cards of $300 per day at Target? Back to online purchases for me!
That could be. I ordered online and mine is the credit card (which we pay off 100% each month).

I received the check today from my non-scanning Happy Guy card. It took 18 days. Both my first and last name are spelled wrong, not even the right number of letters in each. I had even called twice to make sure the info was correct because there were communication issues with the first call. Hopefully my bank will accept this check. In better news, the other Happy Guy card that I got with an Amex offer scanned fine for GCs at HD yesterday.

You're better off than me. I called 6/21 and my refund was mailed 7/3. However, because of the communication issues, it was mailed to the wrong address :( . According to them my case has been escalated but who knows when and if I'll get my refund...

Kroger 4x fuel points on gift cards with digital coupon 7/31-8/13.

Is this showing up in your coupons? I have no gc coupons at all! lol! Hopefully it will show up next week.

Did anybody else happen to see a notification from Dosh about 10% cash back at Kroger until August 8? I received a notification, but when I clicked on it, it took me to the app and Kroger is still listed at 5%. I'm wanting to buy gift cards to pay for our trip in September and 10% from Dosh plus 2% from my credit card world make for great savings!

Thursday night I bought 2 $500 Disney eGC online from Target using my debit Red Card. I received both of them via email and combined them to another physical DGC I have. This morning I did another and Target emailed saying they were working on my order but no gc has been sent as of yet (it's been about 20 hours). I'm guessing that last one triggered some kind of fraud alert. I haven't called yet but I also haven't been charged. I also did the ShopDisney deal through RMN and received that as well.
RMN cb for the weekend -

Staples 10%
Sam's Club 8%
Target 5%
Do we think a DGC without filler online will get the 8% at Sam's Club?

Did anybody else happen to see a notification from Dosh about 10% cash back at Kroger until August 8? I received a notification, but when I clicked on it, it took me to the app and Kroger is still listed at 5%. I'm wanting to buy gift cards to pay for our trip in September and 10% from Dosh plus 2% from my credit card world make for great savings!
I didn't get a notification but saw it talked about on another site. Mine is still at 5%. I'm going to cry when they take Kroger away--I've been buying a lot of gift cards. Even when it's not 4x fuel points, I'm still doing well when you add in the 5%.

I didn't get a notification but saw it talked about on another site. Mine is still at 5%. I'm going to cry when they take Kroger away--I've been buying a lot of gift cards. Even when it's not 4x fuel points, I'm still doing well when you add in the 5%.

So even if Dosh is offering 10% but you only see 5% is there anyway to contact them and have them change it? Just curious. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter