Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you tell if they're activated or not? I just got one of mine today.
I have been combining my Disney gc to one gc, and I had 3 that wouldn't load. I called Target and it seems that it's not that the cards aren't activated but are on a hold by Disney. Scammers are able to run computer programs that will run numbers checking to see if they can find an open card. If this happens to a un-activated card it puts a hold on it until the store calls Disney.
Target called and it was fixed - no problems.

I have been combining my Disney gc to one gc, and I had 3 that wouldn't load. I called Target and it seems that it's not that the cards aren't activated but are on a hold by Disney. Scammers are able to run computer programs that will run numbers checking to see if they can find an open card. If this happens to a un-activated card it puts a hold on it until the store calls Disney.
Target called and it was fixed - no problems.

Good to know. By the way, does it matter if you're combining them to one gift card if you don't have an upcoming Disney trip? I don't even have one planned but am redeeming gift cards via swagbucks and target as I go along in preparation for a fall 2017 trip (hopefully!). I don't mind combining them, but I didn't know if there were any foreseeable issues from that.

Also, is anyone having issues putting target gift cards on their account online? I'm trying to add two shopkick Target gift cards and the target site won't let me.

Thank you flightBOS; however, this file type will not open. Is it possible you could email it to me in an Excel format, please? Thank you.

Can someone explain how you are combining Disney gift cards onto one card? I have a trip in two weeks. Do I still have time to do this? If not, I'd like to do it for my next one. Thanks!

Can someone explain how you are combining Disney gift cards onto one card? I have a trip in two weeks. Do I still have time to do this? If not, I'd like to do it for my next one. Thanks!

www.disneygiftcard.com - the website allows you to enter the gift card # and PIN, then transfer balances from one card to another. It doesn't work with every Disney gift card, but will for those bought in batches from retailers.

I have uploaded a copy of my spreadsheet here.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=19426489213783753324

You only need to fill in the colored areas; the final column is automatically calculated. It'll compute your savings, allow you to track all your GC numbers, and tell you how much you can buy in Disney GC from Target (in $50 increments).

Hope this is helpful.

Wow! Thank you!!! I'm going to try using this. I'm not very good with Excel but it seems pretty self explanatory. :)

Wow! Thank you!!! I'm going to try using this. I'm not very good with Excel but it seems pretty self explanatory. :)

I tried to leave enough data in there so you can understand how to use it. And I tried to label everything nicely haha. I use these style spreadsheets for everything... As you can see, I had quite a few gift cards...it turns into quite the operation to keep everything straight (I use colors, bolding, etc. to signify different things). Enjoy!

So with everyone who just finished up the Target-Ebay-Target-Disney splurge, is Target about to run out of Disney gift cards again? I wonder if I should order another one before they're sold out. :rotfl2:

So with everyone who just finished up the Target-Ebay-Target-Disney splurge, is Target about to run out of Disney gift cards again? I wonder if I should order another one before they're sold out. :rotfl2:

I'm hoping Target is monitoring this thread and ordering accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised. Don't fool yourself...Target is making money off each step of this process. It might be less than usual, but they're still doing okay.

I'm hoping Target is monitoring this thread and ordering accordingly. I wouldn't be surprised. Don't fool yourself...Target is making money off each step of this process. It might be less than usual, but they're still doing okay.

Oh I don't doubt that for a second! I think I'll go ahead and order another $50 one to be safe. I was hoping to have enough for $100, but I'm just about $10 short combining all my gift cards from Swagbucks, Shopkicks, and mPlaces.

Oh I don't doubt that for a second! I think I'll go ahead and order another $50 one to be safe. I was hoping to have enough for $100, but I'm just about $10 short combining all my gift cards from Swagbucks, Shopkicks, and mPlaces.
Check out the Target flyer. They have a number of FREE Target gift cards when you meet purchase requirements. Several categories of personal care products (contact lense solution, hair products, etc) that you allows you to earn $5 Target GC. Two of those could get you the $10 you need!
EDITED to add- there are also a few coupons in this week's Sunday paper that can be combined with the personal care purchases I mentioned above.

Check out the Target flyer. They have a number of FREE Target gift cards when you meet purchase requirements. Several categories of personal care products (contact lense solution, hair products, etc) that you allows you to earn $5 Target GC. Two of those could get you the $10 you need! :drinking:

Good point! I haven't even had a chance to sit down and go through Sunday's coupons or flyers yet this week. I do really love the Target gift card deals in store. Now that I have a RedCard, I'm definitely doing more of my shopping there as far as toiletries/paper products/etc. go. Even with sales and coupons they usually still can't beat my local grocery store on food prices though.

Last edited:
Good point! I haven't even had a chance to sit down and go through Sunday's coupons or flyers yet this week. I do really love the Target gift card deals in store. Now that I have a RedCard, I'm definitely doing more of my shopping there as far as toiletries/paper products/etc. go. Even with sales and coupons they usually still can't beat my local grocery store on food prices though.

Generally speaking I totally agree. The Target is about 2x as far from my home as the WALMART so WAlmart more convenient + the prices at Walmart are great esp. for non-food items. BUT>>>> 2 weeks ago I did several of the FREE Target GC deals. Came home with $25 in GC! I would have sworn I paid more for each individual product than I would have at Walmart or sales at my grocery store. So I did the math using what prices I know I usually pay vs what the Target prices were with the sale + coupons (I didn't subtract the Target GC bc in my mind they are the "cream at the top"-- Disney money-- not part of the purchase price) I was surprised that the prices I paid at Target were about the same or just a tiny bit more than what I usually pay elsewhere! But now, thanks to the required purchases, I am very stocked up on shampoo/conditioner, cleaning products and paper products. Last week I only did the Mac and Cheese deal. The only FREE Target GC deal I will do this week is the contact lense solution for my son. But even just 1 FREE Target GC per week will add up quickly over the next year til our wdw trip!

Generally speaking I totally agree. The Target is about 2x as far from my home as the WALMART so WAlmart more convenient + the prices at Walmart are great esp. for non-food items. BUT>>>> 2 weeks ago I did several of the FREE Target GC deals. Came home with $25 in GC! I would have sworn I paid more for each individual product than I would have at Walmart or sales at my grocery store. So I did the math using what prices I know I usually pay vs what the Target prices were with the sale + coupons (I didn't subtract the Target GC bc in my mind they are the "cream at the top"-- Disney money-- not part of the purchase price) I was surprised that the prices I paid at Target were about the same or just a tiny bit more than what I usually pay elsewhere! But now, thanks to the required purchases, I am very stocked up on shampoo/conditioner, cleaning products and paper products. Last week I only did the Mac and Cheese deal. The only FREE Target GC deal I will do this week is the contact lense solution for my son. But even just 1 FREE Target GC per week will add up quickly over the next year til our wdw trip!

I did really well a couple weeks ago when they were having some big soap and laundry sales. I ended up getting a lot of soap for completely free after Saving Star and Ibotta rebates, so that was definitely nice! I think my biggest thing is that we have Kroger, and their Mega Sales are AWESOME. I try to buy a lot of our less-perishable items (cereal, granola bars, chips) when they're running a mega sale. Even if they're just going a .30 cent off mega sale, it can really add up with that and their coupons. I just wish we had an Aldi closer for produce!

How long are the Disney GCs from Target taking to arrive (from order date)? I have $400 coming in Target GCs coming today and leave in 2.5 weeks. For some reason I remember them taking a while when I ordered them in March this year, but I don't recall the exact delivery time.

How long are the Disney GCs from Target taking to arrive (from order date)? I have $400 coming in Target GCs coming today and leave in 2.5 weeks. For some reason I remember them taking a while when I ordered them in March this year, but I don't recall the exact delivery time.

Mine have taken 5-6 days each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter