Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't participate in the eBay deals, so I haven't paid close attention to the recent posts on here, but it seems like a lot of you are buying up the Target gift cards on eBay. Does this mean we're going to have another shortage of $100 Disney gift cards on Target soon? I was planning on saving up my swagbucks to cash out for $50 in Target (already have the other $50), but I'm thinking maybe I should just order the gift cards now before they run out! No rush since no trip planned, but didn't know if that was what would happen :)

I don't think it's related. Disney cards come and go at Target, just depends when their stock gets low and when they order the next batch. I do wonder what they pay for them. Surely they have some profit... so is Disney eating 5%? 3%? I wouldn't rush if you don't have a trip looming. There will likely be some good deals as Black Friday approaches too. Last year they ran 10% off Target Gift Cards in stores (limit $300). I'm out of the GC business for now, as our trip is in 3 weeks! We're all cashed out, and even just got our final DVA 2% back so we're good to go. :)

Thank you Twende for your kind reply, I will pay more attention at checkout and try again.

I was not trying to be unkind to you. It's just that some may find this thread, read the last couple of pages and not realize the 5% off we are all getting, while paying with a gift card, is just how it is supposed to work. It's not. We are taking advantage of a glitch in Target's system. And the last thing we want is Target finding out and fixing it. So, I was just trying to make it clear for you and anyone else who is just tuning in :)

Where have all the Target gift cards gone!? Raise and Cardpool are out of stock and CardCash has ONE...at a 1% discount!

Figures...I finally got all the money loaded into my PayPal account so that I can order the Target gift cards (and then the Disney gift cards) so I can have them ready in my DVA if there is a sudden price increase announced. Now, I can't even start the process because there are no Target gift cards available:headache:.

I think a lot of them got bought up when Target ran the eBay cards on sale last week. Now with eBay doing 4x eBucks, they are disappearing again. I remember the days, oh, like a year or two ago when so few of us knew about this and Target cards were always plentiful and with a good discount. Those days are over :(

Last edited:
I don't think it's related. Disney cards come and go at Target, just depends when their stock gets low and when they order the next batch. I do wonder what they pay for them. Surely they have some profit... so is Disney eating 5%? 3%? I wouldn't rush if you don't have a trip looming. There will likely be some good deals as Black Friday approaches too. Last year they ran 10% off Target Gift Cards in stores (limit $300). I'm out of the GC business for now, as our trip is in 3 weeks! We're all cashed out, and even just got our final DVA 2% back so we're good to go. :)

So jealous of your upcoming trip, have a great time! I'd be interested to know their profit margin on the gift cards as well. I'm considering doing the Black Friday deal, if there is one. I've been getting Disney gift cards purely through my rewards programs (Swagbucks, mPlaces, Shopkick, etc.) since July and have gotten $400 in gift cards at no cost to me. Not sure that I'd use the Black Friday gift cards toward Disney, but even still it's a good deal just buying stuff at Target we actually need with my Redcard and Cartwheel discounts.

They claim you can only use $500 in gift cards for each purchase. I've ordered $800 before but I tried over 50 times. Then read the gift card rules #10 says only $500. I just paid the shipping but definitely not as nice as it was on my other orders. There's always next time

I've seen that rule, but I've used a little over $500 in eBay gift cards for a purchase of $500 Target gift cards (the little extra was for shipping) with no problems. I wonder how much over the limit will still work?

Yesterday I used $800 in eBay gift cards to order $800 in Target gift cards (yep, that was 16 $50 cards). My order went through fine. I didn't even know they had a rule about that!

I had luck at Best Buy tonight:cool2:. I received an email with a "mystery rewards" certificate, good for $5-$5000 in Best Buy rewards, but you had to go to the store to have them scan it to get the value, and it had to be done by 11/7. Of course, mine was worth $5, but still...that's $5:goodvibes. I already had another $5 Reward that had to be used up by 11/21 so I used them to buy a $25 Disney gift card for $15:banana:.

On October 28, I received another e-mail from Best Buy that said I had until November 30 to spend $500 on my Best Buy Visa (outside of Best Buy) and I would receive a $100 Rewards Certificate! Perfect timing since my car insurance ($518) was due on the 30th:thumbsup2. So now, in 2-4 weeks, I will have a cool $100 in Best Buy rewards that cost me nothing:cool1:.

Right now, my spreadsheet shows that I have spent $409.50 and I have acquired $675 in gift cards for a savings of 40%...not too shabby:sunny:.

I had luck at Best Buy tonight:cool2:. I received an email with a "mystery rewards" certificate, good for $5-$5000 in Best Buy rewards, but you had to go to the store to have them scan it to get the value, and it had to be done by 11/7. Of course, mine was worth $5, but still...that's $5:goodvibes. I already had another $5 Reward that had to be used up by 11/21 so I used them to buy a $25 Disney gift card for $15:banana:.

On October 28, I received another e-mail from Best Buy that said I had until November 30 to spend $500 on my Best Buy Visa (outside of Best Buy) and I would receive a $100 Rewards Certificate! Perfect timing since my car insurance ($518) was due on the 30th:thumbsup2. So now, in 2-4 weeks, I will have a cool $100 in Best Buy rewards that cost me nothing:cool1:.

Right now, my spreadsheet shows that I have spent $409.50 and I have acquired $675 in gift cards for a savings of 40%...not too shabby:sunny:.
That is great! I got the email for the mystery reward too. Plan to go in on Firday and find out. Too bad my best buy does not stock Disney gift cards, but I will buy another gift card while there.

Last edited:
Do you also have the BestBuy visa disfanforlife? Just wondering who gets the "mystery reward" email. I have no such email yet, and I just have their plain rewards card. I also don't shop there often unless I find something at good value there. Thanks!

Do you also have the BestBuy visa disfanforlife? Just wondering who gets the "mystery reward" email. I have no such email yet, and I just have their plain rewards card. I also don't shop there often unless I find something at good value there. Thanks!
No, I don't have the visa. But I do have the rewards card and I also have a gamers club card which I paid $30 for. It is good for 2 years but gives you 20% off new video games. So, maybe I am on some kind of list from that. I remember getting one once before I think. I actually forgot about it until Kristen just posted!

I forgot about that e-mail regarding the Mystery Rewards. I don't go out of my way to Best Buy a lot. This is definitely something on my to do list later!

I also got the Best Buy email. No BB visa but I am a rewards member. I shop there once a year or so.

Help! I know this has been discussed multiple times here, so I apologize for the duplication. I'm FINALLY attempting to combine my Target gift cards using hubbie's iphone. I entered them previously on Target.com. Now I have logged in to the Target mobile app, where I see my list of cards. However, I can't figure out how to select the card to combine???

Jodie

Help! I know this has been discussed multiple times here, so I apologize for the duplication. I'm FINALLY attempting to combine my Target gift cards using hubbie's iphone. I entered them previously on Target.com. Now I have logged in to the Target mobile app, where I see my list of cards. However, I can't figure out how to select the card to combine???

Jodie

I entered mine as well on target s mobile app, BUT not their gift card app, so I was unable to "combine" so I ended up purchasing target gcs w/ my gcs and had them emailed to me. Came within the hour and then I could purchase my disney gcs.

That is great! I got the email for the mystery reward too. Plan to go in on Firday and find out. Too bad my best buy does not stock Disney gift cards, but I will buy another gift card while there.

If you hop over to slickdeals and search for this you can find the UPCs and the corresponding cash value. Mine is only a $5 :(

http://slickdeals.net/f/8199567-bestbuy-mystery-rewards-email-ymmv?v=1&src=SiteSearch

On another note - a $25 back on a $200 purchase at Newegg.com showed up on my AMEX cards. Newegg has $100 ebay gift cards. You can only get $100 at a time and I guess you have to wait 48 hours to buy another one (they will cancel the order if you don't). BUT the AMEX offer says "one or more purchases" so it looks like you don't have to spend the $200 in one shot. That's 12.5% off of the ebay cards. Not too bad.

Winn Dixie is running another Fuel Perks promo this week. 3x the rewards on gift card purchases.

Amex offers has a Best Buy offer to purchase $199 with your Amex card and get a $20 statement credit. The offer was available on 4 of my Amex cards. If you have multiple Amex cards be sure to open up the offer for each card on different tabs before adding to any of the cards.

Jodie
I don't think there is a way in the mobile Target App. There's a button you can tap to manage your gift cards, but it always open a different app (safari) to the m.target.com site.

I don't blame you, it's hard to keep up in this thread haha

Jodie

Click on one of the individual cards and there will be a button to combine it with the other cards.

Amex offers has a Best Buy offer to purchase $199 with your Amex card and get a $20 statement credit. The offer was available on 4 of my Amex cards. If you have multiple Amex cards be sure to open up the offer for each card on different tabs before adding to any of the cards.

Thanks for the heads up. It was on 3 of my 4 Amex cards.

Anyone on here ever have any trouble with Raise.com and their compliance department?
They flagged my account while I was buying gift cards, which locked me out of it. I called and was told I had to submit pics of my Drivers License for them to validate my identity.
Even though I was extremely reluctant, I ended up sending it. First time they said it was too small and they couldn't read it. Second time I tried to load it differently and thought I had it bigger. They said not. So the third time, I KNOW it was plenty big to see, and the holographic image was easily visible in both pics.
I didn't hear back from them, so I emailed. I finally got a response and they said sorry, the compliance department said they can't accept your ID at this time. No explanation as to why. No explanation about how I could access the gift cards I already bought and they charged me for. Just basically; sorry, stinks to be you!
Anyone had this kind of problem with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter