Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless my Cardpool order miraculously comes through tomorrow, I AM FINISHED buying my Target/Ebay/Target cards. I think I purchased enough to cover the trip for 5 adults & 1 infant, OOP for meals and tips, MVMCP, and extra meals & snacks. It's so hard to tell because I lost track. I'm half worried I didn't get enough and half worried I way overspent :oops: .

Well I know I should have waited in converting the Ebay gift cards. I got scared reading about hackers on slickdeals. Ebates is giving 5% for Ebay purchases today.

I surely hope Target doesn't discontinue converting Target giftcards for disney giftcards online or else I am going to be stuck with a lot of Target giftcards

Do we think after the eBay deal is up, more cards will come back on Raise/Cardpool?

I have over $1,000 in gift cards to buy still. I might end up having to order physical cards from Cardpool :(

Would someone please be so kind as to post a quick recap of the current eBay/target best strategy and highlight if any parts of it will expire at some point? Thanks!!

Well I know I should have waited in converting the Ebay gift cards. I got scared reading about hackers on slickdeals. Ebates is giving 5% for Ebay purchases today.

I surely hope Target doesn't discontinue converting Target giftcards for disney giftcards online or else I am going to be stuck with a lot of Target giftcards
The Ebates cash back is only 5% on clothing, 1% is on giftcards

I don't know. I'd be curious to see if anyone else has tried buying Disney GC with their Target cards in the stores.......I just need gift cards now to pay for our OOP meals and tips from our DDP. Oh, and F&W purchases. At least our package is paid off as we are 5 weeks out.

I mentioned this awhile back, saying my store doesn't allow it and employees I have spoken with said it is against store policy. Many people said I was wrong (or pointed out they have no problem making GC purchases with Target GCs) but it looks like they are starting to enforce the policy by programming the register to refuse the payment. It will be interesting to hear from others' experiences with this the next few weeks...

I left some giftcards in my cart at cardpool when they ran out of the egiftcards, and this morning they sent me a 5% off (max $10) coupon! I went ahead and ordered some physical gift cards.

I just want to say thank you to everyone. I started less than a month ago when I opened a citi bank thank you card to pay for our trip ($500 in gift cards after spending $3000). I purchased $3400 in gift cards (and shipping fees) from card pool, transferring them to eBay, and hoping target online still works when they arrive. My billing cycle end August 24 so my bonus will be in target gift cards (approx $525) which I'm also hoping to buy Disney cards.

If everything continues will prob spend $3400 to get $4200 (with $500 bonus).

Honestly I've only had 2 concerns....
1. eBay gift card mall has blocked me with PayPal after approximately spending $2000 in cards. Hoping sept 1st I can spend the other $400 I have left. (Any ideas?)
2. I'm hoping target continues allowing Disney 5% for a few more weeks

I heard several posters mention they are waiting for Black Friday. What deals are you expecting or have happened in the past?

Definitely suggest getting citi thank you card for anyone spending over $3000 (before discounts)

Thanks for the tip about the citi card. Which specific "Citi" would that be? I might just have to get that one too!! I've had the Citi Double Cash (blue and green) since last Oct and we put EVERYTHG on there (utility, tuition, shopping) We've earned almost $700 in cashback rewards (will be used for Disney cards!)

Yes! I'll second that hope that Target continues!! Would really stink that just when some of us get started doing this gift card thing, that they pull the 5%!!

Would someone please be so kind as to post a quick recap of the current eBay/target best strategy and highlight if any parts of it will expire at some point? Thanks!!

I think it expires tonight. I bought just one only because I had like an extra $40 worth of Target cards in my app I got from Cardpool for 7% off earlier in the month. This seemed a little more complicated to me but I think it yielded me an 18% return. So far, after I receive my Target card from Ebay, which has shipped, and counting on still getting the 5% discount online, I will have spent $1007.06 total for $1200 worth of gift cards and a small balance of like $2.75 left in my Target app. So a 16% savings so far.

What discount site definitely earns cashback on ebay for purchasing gift cards? I don't seem to be getting my credits for all of my purchases. Ebates is confusing because it says excludes Ebay gift cards....well, do they mean actual Ebay gift cards or all cards bought on Ebay? See what I mean, it's a little misleading. Cardpool never paid all of my credits to Topcashback for my purchases. Anyone have confirmation based on actual experience with which site to use on Ebay? Thank you.

I used MyPoints to purchase my Ebay gift cards through Target, but I don't show any points pending or posted for those purchases :( I used Topcashback to buy Southwest gift cards through Ebay, and those points are already pending :)

BEWARE! just went back on cardpool and found out why I made the mistake. When their supply of target e cards is 0, the page AUTOMATICALLY goes to the list of physical target cards!!! Sneaky! Sneaky!
Thanks for pointing this out - and yep, this is exactly what happened to me too! I was thinking my Cardpool order from yesterday morning was just slow again and then I vaguely remembered the 3-7 days and didn't think anything of it. Yep, physical card as the e-gift cards were all gone. I've been doing this awhile and that's never happened so lesson learned, it's totally my fault for not catching it, but thanks for pointing it out because as soon as I read your post, I thought to myself, "hmmm". :) Oh well, no biggie I'll just sit here and wait for it.

Thanks,
Heather

I think it expires tonight. I bought just one only because I had like an extra $40 worth of Target cards in my app I got from Cardpool for 7% off earlier in the month. This seemed a little more complicated to me but I think it yielded me an 18% return. So far, after I receive my Target card from Ebay, which has shipped, and counting on still getting the 5% discount online, I will have spent $1007.06 total for $1200 worth of gift cards and a small balance of like $2.75 left in my Target app. So a 16% savings so far.
Thanks for the reply. What component of the deal specifically expires tonight? Thanks again.

I used MyPoints to purchase my Ebay gift cards through Target, but I don't show any points pending or posted for those purchases :( I used Topcashback to buy Southwest gift cards through Ebay, and those points are already pending :)

It took 3 days for mypoints to show the purchases I made.

Yes! I'll second that hope that Target continues!! Would really stink that just when some of us get started doing this gift card thing, that they pull the 5%!!
while the 5% sure is a nice bonus, i hope they don't pull the ability to pay for Disney gift cards with Target gift cards online as it seems they are doing in stores!

Is there any where else you can buy Disney Gift Cards with a stores gift card? Online or brick and mortar?

while the 5% sure is a nice bonus, i hope they don't pull the ability to pay for Disney gift cards with Target gift cards online as it seems they are doing in stores!

Just my opinion, but I don't think they will. I'm really surprised anyone ever got the 5% off when paying with a gift card in the store. I typically don't see the 5% off until I swipe my Redcard so it seems like the cashier would have to manually enter the 5% if you had a gift card. But our Target is getting a little snippy at the checkout now - she insisted on pulling out every item I had a coupon for and then read the coupon (all with 4 people in line behind me). She flat-out refused to scan a $0.75 Softsoap coupon because it said "body wash" and the item said "body scrub" on it. Now under "body scrub" it said "exfoliating body wash" but apparently that wasn't good enough. She said they had to check now even though the computer seemed to know what the coupon was and what item it went with. I should have gone to Guest Services but instead I slammed them on the survey. So I'm not sure what's going on with Target lately. It used to be my favorite store, but now their customer service just stinks.

I think I purchased enough to cover the trip for 5 adults & 1 infant, OOP for meals and tips, MVMCP, and extra meals & snacks. It's so hard to tell because I lost track. I'm half worried I didn't get enough and half worried I way overspent :oops: .

This is me exactly. :rolleyes1

I mentioned this awhile back, saying my store doesn't allow it and employees I have spoken with said it is against store policy. Many people said I was wrong (or pointed out they have no problem making GC purchases with Target GCs) but it looks like they are starting to enforce the policy by programming the register to refuse the payment. It will be interesting to hear from others' experiences with this the next few weeks...

I just purchased $1000 in cards in store with my Target gift cards about 10 days ago. There was no issue at my target.

Thanks for the reply. What component of the deal specifically expires tonight? Thanks again.

Pretty much the whole thing is dead. Target GCs are not avail on Cardpool right now, EBay GCs are still at Target, but only $25 ones are left, which are limit 3... and then the one part that is still in stock is the Target GCs on EBay but those lose a bit on their purchase so that's not surprising. If you're just starting now and want to do any sort of bulk purchase I would wait for the next round of deals.

I heard several posters mention they are waiting for Black Friday. What deals are you expecting or have happened in the past?

Last Black Friday Target did 10% off Target GCs in store, limit $300. We went thru the line 3x and did $900. Then of course you'd spend the GCs online to buy the Disney GCs. This coming Black Friday I'll be in Disney World, so we won't exactly be staking out a Target. :)

When you pay for Disney GCs in store with a RedCard, do you get 5% off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter