Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was planning to run by my Best Buy this afternoon and take advantage of the American Express offer before it expires. I noticed when I opened up my Shopkicks it's only offering 1/$1 on purchases at Best Buy. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same. I'd use ibotta, but I never have the 2% offer for them.

I just checked mine and I'm still showing 2 kicks/$1 at Best Buy. I haven't scanned for any Best Buy purchases since last November so maybe they're keeping me at 2/$1 as an incentive to shop. I used ibotta with the 2% offer for my purchases in July and August.

Ok I need some help please..... I have a bunch of WM gift cards, ai tried to use one instore today- it wouldn't accept it- I came home and looked in email- then I clicked the 'activate your card link...is that all i have to do? I didn't think about it before,as previous $50 card order,I just used it- is something wrong with my cards? I also tried to check the balance on a card from that order,and it said it didn't match anything- what is going on? I never got an email with a pin # in it,just used the pin # from back of scratch off card.... help!!!

You have to activate the card with the link in the individual email associated with each gift card. Hopefully that will make everything work correctly (ie, recognize the card and pin). We did the chase 10X promotion and I was seriously stressed b/c DH's $250 card didn't have the email link that my 3 gift cards did. I called customer service and he sent it immediately and stayed on the line until it was activated (surprisingly great customer server!). I was then able to use it right away.

Good luck!

You have to activate the card with the link in the individual email associated with each gift card. Hopefully that will make everything work correctly (ie, recognize the card and pin). We did the chase 10X promotion and I was seriously stressed b/c DH's $250 card didn't have the email link that my 3 gift cards did. I called customer service and he sent it immediately and stayed on the line until it was activated (surprisingly great customer server!). I was then able to use it right away.

Good luck!
thank you! I did go in and found the email link- hope it works it said up to 6 hours... otherwise i'll call tomorrow

My Shopkick app still shows 2/$1 at Best Buy. Ibotta for me doesn't have a rebate listed for total purchase at Best Buy, just several offers for rebates on several different items.

Just noticed that Boxed sells a few gift cards at a discount. Does anyone have experience buying from them that can tell me, do they ever sell gift cards that would be relevant to obtaining Disney gift cards?

So has anyone ordered from bjs using ebates and gotten credit during august? I had two purchases that didn't credit.

I tried one purchase on mrrebates (not quite the same site but similar) August 17th that is still showing as a purchase amount of $0. I'm assuming that means they just aren't giving me credit for it? I was reading online that site was supposedly giving credit for BJ's gift cards even though they say gift cards aren't technically supposed to be included in the rebates.

I tried one purchase on mrrebates (not quite the same site but similar) August 17th that is still showing as a purchase amount of $0. I'm assuming that means they just aren't giving me credit for it? I was reading online that site was supposedly giving credit for BJ's gift cards even though they say gift cards aren't technically supposed to be included in the rebates.

I know some people have had situations where a purchase doesn't show up as pending with Disney gift cards through BJs for mr rebates. It ends up sitting as pending anyway for 90 days before it ultimately credits. When I bought gift cards this way, it took less than two days for my purchase to show up on mr rebates a few months back.

My Shopkick app still shows 2/$1 at Best Buy. Ibotta for me doesn't have a rebate listed for total purchase at Best Buy, just several offers for rebates on several different items.
I got mine in June....

I know some people have had situations where a purchase doesn't show up as pending with Disney gift cards through BJs for mr rebates. It ends up sitting as pending anyway for 90 days before it ultimately credits. When I bought gift cards this way, it took less than two days for my purchase to show up on mr rebates a few months back.

Thanks. Just makes it hard to know if I should continue going this route for a December trip or not, as I need to purchase gift cards by end of October to pay off trip by first of November. Just try to get the best savings possible.

Need to pay off $1200 of my package in 3 weeks. Any new deals in september? I may have to resort to 5% red card savings.

Kroger had a promo running right now for a $100 Best Buy GC for $85 (limit 3). By the time I got through checkout, it was already sold out. Bummer.

$100 Best Buy eGift Card for $85 at Kroger Gift Card Mall:

http://krogeroffer.hawkcards.com/deal/default/best-buy-egift-15

For every $100 worth of eGift Cards purchased, get $15 Off!
  • Offer valid from 09/02/2017 to 09/09/2017
  • Maximum discount allowed is subject to a maximum sum of $45 per customer (Limit 3)
I just was posting this same thing. Sadly, it looks like it's already dead. I didn't even get through checkout before it said it was sold out.

Can you use TopCashBack for Target and get the 2.25% back as well as the 5% with the Red Card? I think that I saw one pf you post that they consider them Entertainment Cards and not Gift Cards (which, I can see that gift cards are excluded on their site). I had been getting BJs cards, but they are sold out online (of the $100 ones).

Thanks. Just makes it hard to know if I should continue going this route for a December trip or not, as I need to purchase gift cards by end of October to pay off trip by first of November. Just try to get the best savings possible.

It appears Ebates no longer grants cash back on Gift Card purchases from BJ's...this is the email I just received on an inquiry of the cash back not posting:

"Please be aware for future purchases that you cannot earn Cash Back at most stores when buying gift cards. Find a list of stores where you can earn Cash Back when buying gift cards at www.ebates.com/help/gift-cards.htm"...

I just found this site over a month ago, and was working BJ's with credit card cash back and loading the cards to the Disney vacation account to get that bonus.

I am apparently the kiss of death, as BJs on Ebates and the vacation account have now gone the way of the dodo bird......

For those looking to save on Disney gift cards and are looking long term, now is the time to start preparing for the November - February period which is when the real savings begin (ie, the 25 - 30% range). Most of these deals involve Amex offers, so you should start accumulating and adding authorized users to as many Amex cards as possible now to be ready. Just a reminder, last year there was $20 back on $100 at Staples.com, there was $20 back on $100 at BJ's and 20% off at Sam's Club. All 3 of those netted you Disney gift cards in the 25% - 30% discount range. Again, there is no guarantee the same deals will be around this year, but I'm guessing at least some will be back.

Another reminder on Amex offers is that in the past they have opened at midnight Pacific time, so the real good offers are usually filled up by 7AM the next morning. During the November -December months, you should check deal websites first thing in the morning when you wake up if you want any chance at these deals.

One last point, Amex did start releasing some of their deals at 12 noon Pacific over the last few months, so I'm not sure if that will be a permanent change for the future.

For those looking to save on Disney gift cards and are looking long term, now is the time to start preparing for the November - February period which is when the real savings begin (ie, the 25 - 30% range). Most of these deals involve Amex offers, so you should start accumulating and adding authorized users to as many Amex cards as possible now to be ready. Just a reminder, last year there was $20 back on $100 at Staples.com, there was $20 back on $100 at BJ's and 20% off at Sam's Club. All 3 of those netted you Disney gift cards in the 25% - 30% discount range. Again, there is no guarantee the same deals will be around this year, but I'm guessing at least some will be back.

Another reminder on Amex offers is that in the past they have opened at midnight Pacific time, so the real good offers are usually filled up by 7AM the next morning. During the November -December months, you should check deal websites first thing in the morning when you wake up if you want any chance at these deals.

One last point, Amex did start releasing some of their deals at 12 noon Pacific over the last few months, so I'm not sure if that will be a permanent change for the future.

ok, so I didn't have a AMex last yr, so are you saying if I have an AU on my current Amex and these deals come out I would then be able to do it on both my card and the AU card? and were these targeted offers or open to everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter