Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!
Anyone know if the $15 ebay gift card can be used to purchased another Best Buy gift card?

No.

Restrictions

9. The Gift Card may not be used to pay eBay or PayPal service fees. The Gift Card also may not be used to buy eBay Gift Cards, third party gift cards, gift certificates, coupons, coins, paper money, virtual currency, or items generally considered to be "bullion" (for example, gold, silver, and other precious metals in the form of coins, bars, or ingots).

http://pages.ebay.com/giftcard/terms_conditions.html#gh-eb-My

Does Target still do the 5% on Disney gift cards? For instore purchases I think I remember reading you can't do it online anymore.

Does Target still do the 5% on Disney gift cards? For instore purchases I think I remember reading you can't do it online anymore.
Just did it 10 minutes ago with Red Card and no problem. As earlier posting, I wonder if you can go though TopCash and get the 2.25% more??

I just checked online and it is still working. I find it MUCH easier doing it this way. I always get told some arbitrary number I am allowed to purchase in store (which varies by location) and hate when I am stuck with 50s instead of 100s.

Not a savings on Disney gift cards, but thought some might be interested. Right now SAMs online under Shocking Values tab is showing Cracker Barrel $75 gift cards for $59.98....regularly $73.98. If you like CB and are planning a drive to Disney.....it's a good savings. Stumbled across this while purchasing some Disney gift cards.

For those looking to save on Disney gift cards and are looking long term, now is the time to start preparing for the November - February period which is when the real savings begin (ie, the 25 - 30% range). Most of these deals involve Amex offers, so you should start accumulating and adding authorized users to as many Amex cards as possible now to be ready. Just a reminder, last year there was $20 back on $100 at Staples.com, there was $20 back on $100 at BJ's and 20% off at Sam's Club. All 3 of those netted you Disney gift cards in the 25% - 30% discount range. Again, there is no guarantee the same deals will be around this year, but I'm guessing at least some will be back.

Another reminder on Amex offers is that in the past they have opened at midnight Pacific time, so the real good offers are usually filled up by 7AM the next morning. During the November -December months, you should check deal websites first thing in the morning when you wake up if you want any chance at these deals.

One last point, Amex did start releasing some of their deals at 12 noon Pacific over the last few months, so I'm not sure if that will be a permanent change for the future.
I have a Delta Amex card. Will these deals apply to that, or should I try to change to a different Amex card?

So it seems like more Targets are refusing to allow Target gift card to Disney gift card purchases. Before we left on our trip I went to get some at our local Target that I have had zero issues with multiple times in the past year (self-checkout was closed for the evening) and got told no and that it was a district policy. I pushed and challenged them on it, but they refused to budge. Suffice to say, I'm never shopping at that Target again with how incredibly rude they were about it and I am reporting them to corporate for all the good it will do. The other Target near me has signs up about it I found when we went, so I didn't even try there.

Since we rented a car this time on our WDW trip, I decided to try at some of the Targets near WDW. One was a complete no go with the store keeping all of the Disney gift cards at customer service. The other had gift cards in the entertainment section as normal and I was able to switch over the cards at self-checkout without a problem at all.

So 4 Targets later, I finally have my gift cards and confirmed the system still allows it across the country ha. The best answer I got out of anyone when I pressed for why they won't do it is "it raises a red flag in their system." I almost never pay solely with gift cards and usually split it between gift cards and the remainder on my red card, so I don't know why it raises a red flag when it would clearly and easily link directly back to a purchaser if fraud were an apparent issue?

This is a good warning for people who plan to buy Target gift cards using target gift cards at the 10% off day between Thanksgiving and Christmas...it may be much tougher to do this year if many Targets are cracking down on gift card to gift card purchases.

As far as the Amex offers go, it will work on your account and all your authorized user accounts as long as you create separate logins for each one. Also, create a separate login for each Amex card you have. If you don't, the offer disappears from the rest of the cards once you add it to one card on the login. I have 9 separate user names (logins) for my 3 Amex cards and my 6 authorized users.

As far as which Amex cards get the offers, the main ones usually go out to all cards but have limited enrollment, so there is no one card better than the other as far as offers. However, it does seem that certain offers (like the lucrative Sams Club one last year which allowed you to save 20% on a $1250 purchase at Sam's Club) only go out to business cards. I got that offer on my Amex SimplyCash and 2 authorized user SimplyCash card and was able to go into Sam's Club and get $3750 of Disney Gift Cards for almost 25% off (20% from Amex + the discount Sams Club sells the cards for).

This is a good warning for people who plan to buy Target gift cards using target gift cards at the 10% off day between Thanksgiving and Christmas...it may be much tougher to do this year if many Targets are cracking down on gift card to gift card purchases.

I spend so much money at Target anyway that I would be okay with being stuck with hundreds of dollars in Target cards!:rotfl2:

So it seems like more Targets are refusing to allow Target gift card to Disney gift card purchases. Before we left on our trip I went to get some at our local Target that I have had zero issues with multiple times in the past year (self-checkout was closed for the evening) and got told no and that it was a district policy. I pushed and challenged them on it, but they refused to budge. Suffice to say, I'm never shopping at that Target again with how incredibly rude they were about it and I am reporting them to corporate for all the good it will do. The other Target near me has signs up about it I found when we went, so I didn't even try there.

Since we rented a car this time on our WDW trip, I decided to try at some of the Targets near WDW. One was a complete no go with the store keeping all of the Disney gift cards at customer service. The other had gift cards in the entertainment section as normal and I was able to switch over the cards at self-checkout without a problem at all.

So 4 Targets later, I finally have my gift cards and confirmed the system still allows it across the country ha. The best answer I got out of anyone when I pressed for why they won't do it is "it raises a red flag in their system." I almost never pay solely with gift cards and usually split it between gift cards and the remainder on my red card, so I don't know why it raises a red flag when it would clearly and easily link directly back to a purchaser if fraud were an apparent issue?
Thank you for this warning.

The Kroger deal is back "in stock". I just checked and my order seemed to go through for three $100 e gift cards each at $15 off. Although I did get an email saying it was subject to normal processing but I think that is typical. There was no "out of stock" indications through the process like before. Worth a try for those that missed it.

The Kroger deal is back "in stock". I just checked and my order seemed to go through for three $100 e gift cards each at $15 off. Although I did get an email saying it was subject to normal processing but I think that is typical. There was no "out of stock" indications through the process like before. Worth a try for those that missed it.
Thank you! I just order 3 eGCs. Just waiting for a confirmation email.

It's sold out again:(

That was fast....appears to be out of stock again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter