Disney @ Home pictures

My god, I just found this thread! I will add my pics later, but there is a minimal amount of my disney stuff in my uni flat compared to at home, (I have more gamer/geek stuff here tbh)

Snowglobe - bought for myself when it was released last year.

PICT1340.jpg

Wow great find Karen looks awesome.

Very unique Karen....I wouldn't think many of them were made.

Nice coin, Karen! What a great piece of history. It's really neat to have things dating back from when parks first opened, especially in the case of DLRP with the old "Euro Disney" name. Sounds like it was a "hidden treasure" too, which is always a nice surprise!!

Thanks guys! I remember him going on the trip and being one of the first people on Space Mountain - if I remember rightly, he was photographed getting onto the ride by the press! Anyway, he was so impressed with the whole thing that we booked our first WDW vacation for June of that year! :thumbsup2

I love this one, Frances - such gorgeous colours... :goodvibes

Thanks guys! I remember him going on the trip and being one of the first people on Space Mountain - if I remember rightly, he was photographed getting onto the ride by the press! Anyway, he was so impressed with the whole thing that we booked our first WDW vacation for June of that year! :thumbsup2

Karen, Have you tried finding that press photo? Perhaps it's in the paper's archive or maybe in the purblic information office of the company your husband worked for then and wouldn't a copy of it make a wonderful companion for this medal. I agree with the others who have commented that this is very special.

Pixiepower, Cute snowglobe. Don't you love the evolution of Mickey/Mickey through the years things?

More great pieces from your walls, Frances. The one with Walt and his characters is like a framed trivia game--look at all the Disneyana the artist managed to tuck into that picture!

Here's who's watching me while I'm watching TV.

IMG_7132.jpg

Rachel, Do you leave your Christmas snowglobe out all year? I'll confess, that other than the tree ornaments, I leave my Disney Christmas things on the shelf to dust year round.

Yeah Susan, I leave this Christmas one out along with my smaller Tinker Bell one all year round. They are both in our display cabinet, so it's just simple to leave them there. Plus, they're too pretty to pack away for 11 months of the year!! :goodvibes

Well, probably a tad late to add some of my stuff, but oh well, I'll do it anyway :P

P160309_102801.jpg

contains over 300 pins.

P160309_1025.jpg

P160309_1026.jpg

P160309_102601.jpg

P160309_1027.jpg

P160309_1028.jpg

P160309_2246.jpg

That isn't all the stuff I have, just all the stuff in Portsmouth

Thankyou Susan, I want to live in your house, you have so many beautiful pieces, i'm trying to break DH in gently so my items are appearing slowly :goodvibes

Thankyou Susan, I want to live in your house, you have so many beautiful pieces, i'm trying to break DH in gently so my items are appearing slowly :goodvibes

You know, I think that's the point of a collection--especially one made of things you really love--to collect over a period of time with stories to tell and good times to remember with each piece in the collection. You are doing that and I'm sure your DH enjoys it, too, though he may have to do the cautious husband routine every now and then. Of course, I never had to deal with that in regards to the Disney stuff in this house. A lot of the things I have belonged to my late husband, so he never objected to this silliness--he started it!

Paula,
Your Topper Tree is a creative way to display your collection--and to keep them safe from topper snatchers!

Astrodrummergirl,
I thought I'd posted a note about your dorm room collection the other day, but don't see it now. I was thinking that just as all your Disney cuddlies look right at home there, I'll bet they make you feel at home.

Paula,
Your Topper Tree is a creative way to display your collection--and to keep them safe from topper snatchers!

I agree, a great place to put them, I have one I got in 2007 but actually lack somewhere to put it

Astrodrummergirl,
I thought I'd posted a note about your dorm room collection the other day, but don't see it now. I was thinking that just as all your Disney cuddlies look right at home there, I'll bet they make you feel at home.

They actually do, make it less boring! (along with all my gaming stuff). I going to have to try and take pictures of all the other disney stuff I have back at home next weekend

Not a very clear picture but I picked this up in the Character Warehouse (Prime Outlets) in October for a bargain $5.

It's 4 coins with each park icon on.

PICT1386.jpg

Thats a fab Bargain Paula-Jane. :thumbsup2

I have a few more bits to take photos of for this thread.

Not a very clear picture but I picked this up in the Character Warehouse (Prime Outlets) in October for a bargain $5.

It's 4 coins with each park icon on.

PICT1386.jpg

That's quite cool, especially for 5 bucks!

I realised I have more disney stuff in my kitchen so need to picture them too!

Steamboat Willie bought for myself when it came out last year.

Mini Halloween M&M bought after Halloween & at half price.

Big Halloween M&M bought in WDW in October.

Big Pirate M&M bought in WDW in October.

Black Hat bought in WDW in 2004.

YOAMD Hat found in a charity shop last year for £2.

PICT1397.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter