Disney Magic In England, May 2020 to October 2021 Updates In First Post

So I am a UK annual passholder and no such refund has happened for mine! Not sure who you heard this off but I would be interested in knowing how they got this? Did they contact Disney and they did this? Sorry you may not know but just haven't heard of any refunds being granted on them and would definitely be interested as haven't used since I purchased in September because I was going to use in May.
My daughter picked this up from a Facebook group she belongs to. I will see if she knows more and relay your experience.

My daughter picked this up from a Facebook group she belongs to. I will see if she knows more and relay your experience.

Thanks. Everything I've read says you just get a refund for the time period that the parks are closed so not a full refund

Last edited:

Here is the text of the email (name and reservation number redacted - everything else is exactly as emailed)

"05/13/2020

Reservation #:

Dear XXXX,

All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. While COVID-19 continues to impact all our lives, we are inspired daily by the stories of care, compassion and resilience around the globe.

With the wellbeing of our Guests and team members as our top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Disney Cruise Line is extending the suspension of Disney Magic departures through Sunday, July 26, 2020. This means that your sailing has been cancelled.

In light of this cancellation, we are offering you the choice of a 125% future cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 15 months of your original sail date, or a full refund. The credit has been automatically added to your account.

Once you have decided on an alternate sail date, please contact your travel agent. Your agent may place a reservation on hold for you by applying this credit as a payment option when booking a new reservation online. The Adventures by Disney Northern Europe Cruise package or London Escape package you purchased as part of this vacation will automatically be refunded back to your original form of payment.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you aboard as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

*The Future Cruise Credit is equal to 125% of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. The FCC is only valid for sailings departing within 15 months of your original sailing. Your original reservation must be paid in full to be eligible for the FCC. The FCC is applied per person and is non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash value and may be divided across multiple sailings. Standard prevailing rates apply and Guests are responsible for any balance due after the FCC has been applied. If you end up not being able to use the FCC, you will be eligible for a refund up to the amount of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply to future sailings. Guests who previously received a FCC are not eligible for an additional FCC."

According to Disney Cruise Line Blog the following Disney Magic Cruise have been cancelled
  • Monday July 13 2020 5-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona
  • Saturday July 23 2020 7-Night Western Europe Cruise from Barcelona to Dover
  • Saturday July 25 2020 11-Night Northern Europe Cruise from Dover to Copenhagen

Thanks. Everything I've read says you just get a refund for the time period that the parks are closed so not a full refund
I think I now understand what happened to the Facebook individual. Apparently he or she contacted Disney to cancel all their current 2020 reservations. They did not seek to do anything with the annual pass but Disney subsequently emailed to say they had processed a refund. On querying the lack of an opportunity to extend, it was explained that the pass couldn't be used as the holder was in the UK. And by inference couldn't just visit when they chose! The current ban on entry to the US can't have helped. I think the individual's main gripe was that they might therefore contrive to miss out on some upcoming renewal benefits/discounts. I don't know if this makes sense but it does seem they did something to trigger Disney's action and it may well be that the expiry date of the pass lay in the period when the parks are definitely shut so the refundable days were already a fixed quantity.

I think I now understand what happened to the Facebook individual. Apparently he or she contacted Disney to cancel all their current 2020 reservations. They did not seek to do anything with the annual pass but Disney subsequently emailed to say they had processed a refund. On querying the lack of an opportunity to extend, it was explained that the pass couldn't be used as the holder was in the UK. And by inference couldn't just visit when they chose! The current ban on entry to the US can't have helped. I think the individual's main gripe was that they might therefore contrive to miss out on some upcoming renewal benefits/discounts. I don't know if this makes sense but it does seem they did something to trigger Disney's action and it may well be that the expiry date of the pass lay in the period when the parks are definitely shut so the refundable days were already a fixed quantity.

Thanks! This was what I thought might be the case. I am still hopeful for another trip before it expires in what now I think is December but may be longer.

In terms of the cancellations, the fact the Magic will be in Europe will make it easier for her to restart once CDC allows it. I believe the July cancellations (which included all the other ships too) were a CDC condition not down to any particular regulations going on in Europe. I'm still hoping for the WBTA but who knows.

Thanks! This was what I thought might be the case. I am still hopeful for another trip before it expires in what now I think is December but may be longer.

In terms of the cancellations, the fact the Magic will be in Europe will make it easier for her to restart once CDC allows it. I believe the July cancellations (which included all the other ships too) were a CDC condition not down to any particular regulations going on in Europe. I'm still hoping for the WBTA but who knows.
The CDC rules would only matter for the WBTA, the European cruises aren't affected by whatever rule the CDC comes up with, because they don't have jurisdiction in Europe

The CDC rules would only matter for the WBTA, the European cruises aren't affected by whatever rule the CDC comes up with, because they don't have jurisdiction in Europe

It was early this morning when I posted this and therefore I had not had nearly enough coffee :D Yes it would be the European port officials would need to rule on whether they can restart or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter