Disney Magic Kingdoms

Who thinks the main prize for the tower challenge is going to be Le Fou from Beauty and the Beast. One of the concessions shown was Le Fous brew, so maybe?

Also the Beast is a character on a side quest in red that we saw on the left hand side of the screen...so maybe you are correct.

I got the costume and you know what? It just finishes the event. I don't see it being useful in any way, at least in this stage of the game. Also thanks to @hopemax for their suggestion of chanting "no Whammies" before collection. I tried it, it has worked 3 out of 4 times. Thank you!

Livestream event in less than 2 hours and I am excited. I want to see what's next. It is a cycle at this point though. Hype up a new event, watch the livestream, get anxious to start, start event with wild enthusiasm, loose enthusiasm as time goes on, and then start all over again.

holy carp - the "no whammies, no whammies, stop" worked and I got the last shoulder pad I needed and started to welcome Baymax's costume with 10 minutes to spare!

Oh my gosh, this is too funny! If only the game really worked that way.

But I'm glad you guys got the tokens you needed.

I can't believe new content is starting so soon. I could have waited a week or two before Dark Tower stuff started again. But I am glad we will never have to listen to any more complaints on how Adventureland will never open, and PotC characters not being able to level to 10.

Now back to our regularly scheduled complaining session. Or is that complaining about complainers about complaining about complainers. :rotfl:

I’m really glad that they’re listening to the players/complainers and actually adding new land! I haven’t watched the stream, so maybe I’m missing something, but there actually opening up an entirely new land? Don’t get my wrong, I have no problem with them opening up a new land, but at the same time I’m really struggling to understand the logic. Why would they open an entirely new land, when they still have 6 plots of land that they already created, but still have grayed out? Wouldn’t it make more sense to open those plots of land first and then announce an entirely new land?

I had mentioned before that I was a fairly new player - started about 2 days before Lilo and Stitch started. Logged on and saw the next event is in less than days? Are they always this close together?

I have about a dozen characters to update but they are all at 8 and 9 and i don't like occupying the castle for that long during events. All the BH6 ones are even at 6s. I was hoping for a week or so to get everyone caught up!

To me though, there is a distinct difference between not liking one of the included IPs and not liking the game. No, it doesn't encourage a player to log in as often, or to worry about collecting all of the characters. But regardless of the film behind the event or the expansion, to your point, game play is exactly the same. We should just be happy that the interns are working hard behind the scenes to continue to expand the game, rather than slowly work towards closing it down. And with all of the Disney properties left to be included, you're not going to please all of the people all of the time. No matter how much we gripe and complain, here we all are playing along regardless.
Wait just a minute. I was right there with you nodding along in agreement, then you took a left turn towards what I think is sarcasm, and now I can’t tell. Sarcasm sign?

Hey, this has always been a safe space for us to congratulate each other, ask questions, and yes complain. It's all ok by me. :goodvibes I'd hate it to be like other Disney spaces where if you don't drink the kool aid you need to shut up. And YAY for new permanent content. It's about time. Also I'm glad they are FINALLY opening up Adventureland and will let us level up our Pirates. I didn't watch the livestream, so thanks to everyone who did and is sharing the information here!

ETA - Ok, I do think things are moving quickly. I could have waited for this next update, but since it's permanent content I won't complain. :rolleyes1

holy carp - the "no whammies, no whammies, stop" worked and I got the last shoulder pad I needed and started to welcome Baymax's costume with 10 minutes to spare!

Woo Hoo! Nice going! Glad you got it!

Now back to our regularly scheduled complaining session. Or is that complaining about complainers about complaining about complainers. :rotfl:

I’m really glad that they’re listening to the players/complainers and actually adding new land! I haven’t watched the stream, so maybe I’m missing something, but there actually opening up an entirely new land? Don’t get my wrong, I have no problem with them opening up a new land, but at the same time I’m really struggling to understand the logic. Why would they open an entirely new land, when they still have 6 plots of land that they already created, but still have grayed out? Wouldn’t it make more sense to open those plots of land first and then announce an entirely new land?
Shhhhhhh.... We got Frontierland when there were still plots in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland still to be unlocked. Nice to have a full park to play in. Plus, with Adventureland, now they can FINALLY add in movies like the Jungle Book and The Lion King. Oh, wait... never mind.

That's the way you tour the parks, right? You completely finish Tomorrowland before you step foot in Fantasyland, and then you don't head toward Frontierland before you do everything in Fantasyland?

I think it would add even more boredom to the game if we had to wait for every last bit of land to be opened before moving on. Everyone has favorites, and that includes lands. It's more fun (a relative term when it comes to this game) to unlock another gate or cursed attraction than just a blank space of nothing.

Oooh, I'm excited! The addition of Adventureland is obviously fantastic news. I really liked the last tower event- I found it a lot less stressful than the normal timed events. I missed Frozen when I was having phone issues, so I was happy to get Anna and the ice rink without having to gamble with a chest. I'm curious to see what will be available during the next event.

Who thinks the main prize for the tower challenge is going to be Le Fou from Beauty and the Beast. One of the concessions shown was Le Fous brew, so maybe?

I missed that, good eye, good guess

Also when they showed the central attraction did anyone else think it could be Expedition Everest? There’s what looked like snow and a rollercoaster track coming out of mountains.

I actually think it’s Splash Mountain, but I do think you could be right

I actually think it’s Splash Mountain, but I do think you could be right

Splash Mountain is already an attraction available to get in one of the chests. I was sure it would be Pirates of the Caribbean, but that's one of the buyable attractions so not that either. I think it's definitely Expedition Everest - I saw a lot of snow and little flags that look like the Indian-style ones in the EE queue. I think that's an odd choice, especially where two of the most popular rides in Disney World are in Adventureland, but I guess River Cruise will also be a buyable attraction at some point.

Well at least the Tower challenge is fairly easy to manage. I can level characters without it interfering too much. I’m missing Mrs. Potts, Chip and Gaston but I doubt they are going to be available to buy.

Since the last challenge tied into Incredibles 2, I think we might get Christopher Robin as the final prize since that movie is coming out soon.

Watched the replay and took some screen shots. First some picks of the new attractions (Barbosa's Organ and Pirate's of the Caribbean) and some of the new concessions - one definitely is LeFous Brew so you might be right @Somnam - although from the last one there was like a character set from each segment and you got a concession from that segment (so like Frozen and then you got Elsa's crown concession) so could just be that for the BatB section

New Pirates items.jpg

Also when they showed the central attraction did anyone else think it could be Expedition Everest? There’s what looked like snow and a rollercoaster track coming out of mountains.

Definitely looks like Everest to me - on the left you see the main lift hill going into the mountain, just like Everest along with the waterfall and then the curving part on the right that Everest has as well.

Also looks to me like on the right side could be the dock for the Jungle Cruise

new adventureland area.jpg

I don't think I've EVER been notified about something like that on my phone. The only way I know is when I check in and see the little green check mark within the game.
really? huh. I've always gotten the notifications when a character finishes a task or when someone is done leveling up. I used to even get em when my daily reward could be collected. Maybe I've just become reliant on them and now I don't know how to play this game very well idk lol

Watched the replay and took some screen shots. First some picks of the new attractions (Barbosa's Organ and Pirate's of the Caribbean) and some of the new concessions - one definitely is LeFous Brew so you might be right @Somnam - although from the last one there was like a character set from each segment and you got a concession from that segment (so like Frozen and then you got Elsa's crown concession) so could just be that for the BatB section

View attachment 340539

Definitely looks like Everest to me - on the left you see the main lift hill going into the mountain, just like Everest along with the waterfall and then the curving part on the right that Everest has as well.

Also looks to me like on the right side could be the dock for the Jungle Cruise

View attachment 340538

LeFou's not in the BatB character set,so I doubt he'd be there. If anyone,I'd see it being either Beast or Belle,both of which I have. Still wonder about that third set,but I did just get a popup for Mulan's legendary chest,so maybe my earlier wish will be coming true.

I definitely though it was going to be Jungle Cruise because everything else has been rides from Magic Kingdom, not any other park, unless they're following the Disneyland parks, but California Adventure has California Screamin', not Magic Kingdom so idk. But, they changed the layout of Adventureland so that we can place more attractions in (bless) so maybe anything is possible. I didn't think of Everest though before, but I bet that's what it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter