Disney Magic Kingdoms

And for all this nonsense about the need of land, I was doing OK until this last event. Then I realized that at this point, Lilo and Stitch is doing zero for me. So I comfortably put O'hana away to make room for the lab, which was required for this particular event. It's OK to shelve buildings. It really is. Plus, two years later, there are still people who insist that Gameloft gives a damn about where we put things and that certain buildings have to be placed into proper areas. Number one, it doesn't affect game play. Number two, the bases are barely color coded at this point, and some are even different bases within sets. So outside of an insistence on being anal, it's OK to put a Tomorrowland building in Frontierland if it means your park is going to fit everything. At this point, I don't think it's really feasible, or even necessary for that matter, to try to have it both ways.

I have nothing but hat stands in mine. I have a couple of characters needing to be welcomed into the park after I get all the tokens;by the end of the week I should have Baloo but Bambi's going to wait quite a while due to rare ear tokens.

That's the way you tour the parks, right? You completely finish Tomorrowland before you step foot in Fantasyland, and then you don't head toward Frontierland before you do everything in Fantasyland?

I think it would add even more boredom to the game if we had to wait for every last bit of land to be opened before moving on. Everyone has favorites, and that includes lands. It's more fun (a relative term when it comes to this game) to unlock another gate or cursed attraction than just a blank space of nothing.

No that’s not, but what does that have to do with anything? Like I said, I have no problem with entirely new lands being added, I actually like the fact that they are. My point/argument why are they opening an entirely new land when they already have created lots of land that are locked. Couldn’t they do both? I’d love to be able to complain about how they’ve given us too much land, and I can’t fill it all. :rotfl:

In an ideal world they would open open those 6 plots of land also. Or keep them locked, but give a way to open it. Maybe something like the Pete quest where you had to send characters to battle him and when you win you open that land. Or type it in with characters that you send home. And they maybe earn x amount of credits a hour/day and you can eventually use those credits to open a plot of lands. I don’t know I’m just throwing out a few ideas I just though of.

Also looks to me like on the right side could be the dock for the Jungle Cruise
That would be an easy way to further expand into new territories beyond these four lands. Jungle Cruise might be a gateway to a water area (?) or another park area so instead of Magic Kingdom it be Animal Kingdom? idk it'd stray from the name of the app ig but they're going to run out of lands pretty soon, esp bc I don't forsee them putting in a Liberty Square lol

really? huh. I've always gotten the notifications when a character finishes a task or when someone is done leveling up. I used to even get em when my daily reward could be collected. Maybe I've just become reliant on them and now I don't know how to play this game very well idk lol
I don't usually leave notifications on at all on my phone anyway, so that might be the issue.

In an ideal world they would open open those 6 plots of land also. Or keep them locked, but give a way to open it. Maybe something like the Pete quest where you had to send characters to battle him and when you win you open that land.
But haven't we already done that twice now? First with Mother Goethal and then with Shere Khan. Those villain battles are for portals, which opened new lands, not plots.

And for all this nonsense about the need of land, I was doing OK until this last event. Then I realized that at this point, Lilo and Stitch is doing zero for me. So I comfortably put O'hana away to make room for the lab, which was required for this particular event. It's OK to shelve buildings. It really is. Plus, two years later, there are still people who insist that Gameloft gives a damn about where we put things and that certain buildings have to be placed into proper areas. Number one, it doesn't affect game play. Number two, the bases are barely color coded at this point, and some are even different bases within sets. So outside of an insistence on being anal, it's OK to put a Tomorrowland building in Frontierland if it means your park is going to fit everything. At this point, I don't think it's really feasible, or even necessary for that matter, to try to have it both ways.

I think you and I will always have different opinions on this aspect of the game. So what if land placement has no effect on the game? Many players enjoy designing there parks.

Like you, I gave up on trying to design my kingdom a long time ago, but That doesn’t mean I have to like it or shouldn’t have had to. Especially When you consider they already had land created, but refused to open it.

Also, if building and designing of your kingdom isn’t part of the game, why do they continue releasing building, stands and (worthless) decorations to put into your kingdom.

Again, your correct I can always put buildings away in storage, but my question back to you is why?

But haven't we already done that twice now? First with Mother Goethal and then with Shere Khan. Those villain battles are for portals, which opened new lands, not plots.
Yes they have done it before and you’re correct, those battles were for portals for new land. All I was saying is why not incorporated another way to open those lands?

I think you and I will always have different opinions on this aspect of the game. So what if land placement has no effect on the game? Many players enjoy designing there parks.

Like you, I gave up on trying to design my kingdom a long time ago, but That doesn’t mean I have to like it or shouldn’t have had to. Especially When you consider they already had land created, but refused to open it.

Also, if building and designing of your kingdom isn’t part of the game, why do they continue releasing building, stands and (worthless) decorations to put into your kingdom.

Again, your correct I can always put buildings away in storage, but my question back to you is why?
I believe you have answered your own question... because at the end of the day, it is all truly pointless. Hell, I think during the live stream for Lilo and Stitch if I remember correctly, they basically admitted that it was going to be time to put some buildings away for the new ones being introduced. Even the actual Disney parks bulldoze attractions to make room for new ones. The only reason I could see new concession stands being introduced is to add ways for players to gain additional magic as areas are introduced. As for decorations, if they eliminated those, they would basically have to eliminate the chests, too. There wouldn't be enough to win from them. Plus, they help us to gather up more elixirs. Right now I'm at 65k with zero to spend them on.

Yes they have done it before and you’re correct, those battles were for portals for new land. All I was saying is why not incorporated another way to open those lands?
I'm not certain I want to go battling villains just to uncurse a parcel of land. I've got enough useless magic sitting around for that purpose.

In an ideal world they would open open those 6 plots of land also. Or keep them locked, but give a way to open it.
Not sure what the purpose would be of giving it all away up front? We DO have a way of unlocking it... waiting for the occasional expansion of the game board. That is what allows us to keep moving forward. If they did it all at once, it would be less for them to introduce periodically with each new release.

Last edited:
I'm so excited to find this thread! Brand new player here who is enjoying the game. So far I have Mickey Mouse which is great because he's my favorite character! I see that they are running a six-hour event around Big Hero 6. That makes about one character an hour, so I look forward to adding each of them into my game. I have 2 gems and about 311 in magic, so it is all coming along nicely. I hope Minnie Mouse is the next character I can add, because what good is Mickey without Minnie? This seems like a fun game without any pressure and is already my favorite game. I see that all of the Incredibles, Frozen, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and Mulan characters are all grayed out and it says "Coming Soon" so I cannot wait to add them too. They can't come soon enough for me. If anyone has any advice for a new player, I would appreciate it. What should I work on next after I finish my Big Hero 6 characters six hours from now? Oh, and does anyone know how I can get rid of the gray areas in Frontierland? That is my favorite land so I want to go there next. Thank you all!
I see you have already started the "It's 5 o'clock somewhere" in preparation for the livestream update. Hahaha

Well at least the Tower challenge is fairly easy to manage. I can level characters without it interfering too much. I’m missing Mrs. Potts, Chip and Gaston but I doubt they are going to be available to buy.

Since the last challenge tied into Incredibles 2, I think we might get Christopher Robin as the final prize since that movie is coming out soon.

Adding Christopher Robin would be a good move. He's really missing, along with Owl, from the Pooh lineup.

I don't usually leave notifications on at all on my phone anyway, so that might be the issue.

Same. I don't let any game send me push notifications. I just play when I want to and don't want my real life to be interrupted by this stuff.

So, just saw the livestream. I really like all the changes, even the simple enhancements to the Tower Challenge. Really looking forward to the new area, finally leveling PotC to lv 10 and (don't kill me) the pirate costumes for Minnie, Goofy and Donald. The only thing that I am meh about is the new PoTC characters. Not really sure if I needed more odd looking humans walking around. Jack Sparrow is the only premium character I do not have (because he is a odd looking human!). I hope that doesn't work against me. Also, I though it was kinda strange to add a new costume for a premium character. But that is really just knitpicking. Love the new content!!! And for my last rave... I thought the pirate intro to the livestream was really cute. The interns did a really good job.

Livestream Notes The stream is actually glitching every fourth word or so which is SUPER ANNOYING):

The update goes live tomorrow, event starts Thursday

New permanent content
New land - 2 pieces initially unlocked behind the gate (with lots of new space available for later)
Pirates can update to level 10
Added Barbossa, Tia, and Davey Jones
Added Hook, John Darling, and Michael Darling
New pirate-themed costumes for Donald, Goofy, and Minnie
Jack Sparrow has a new costume
To open gate: Gate 1 - complete all of Pirates, Mother Gothel, and Bambi; Gate 2 - complete Peter Pan

New Tower Challenge

Maleficent is up to no good again.
Can again unlock older content - the same kind of event that unlocked JackJack
Initial featured collection - Snow White
Improved being able to load characters in the challenge screen
Automatic milestone rewards given
B+TB also helps with challenge via quests

They said there would be new content for long-term players but never indicated what that would be.
Thank you for posting this for everyone! I was only busy at work during the live stream of course!

So, just saw the livestream. I really like all the changes, even the simple enhancements to the Tower Challenge. Really looking forward to the new area, finally leveling PotC to lv 10 and (don't kill me) the pirate costumes for Minnie, Goofy and Donald. The only thing that I am meh about is the new PoTC characters. Not really sure if I needed more odd looking humans walking around. Jack Sparrow is the only premium character I do not have (because he is a odd looking human!). I hope that doesn't work against me. Also, I though it was kinda strange to add a new costume for a premium character. But that is really just knitpicking. Love the new content!!! And for my last rave... I thought the pirate intro to the livestream was really cute. The interns did a really good job.

They didn't mention anything about the cursed buildings - I hope they enhanced that a bit ... just seemed so stupid last time as super easy to uncurse them and when you did you got like a tiny bit of EC - just seemed like a waste of, well, everything

I was doing fine on land before this event, I was able to make everything fit but now is the end, I do need more land. I even have my park organized!

Watched the replay and took some screen shots. First some picks of the new attractions (Barbosa's Organ and Pirate's of the Caribbean) and some of the new concessions - one definitely is LeFous Brew so you might be right @Somnam - although from the last one there was like a character set from each segment and you got a concession from that segment (so like Frozen and then you got Elsa's crown concession) so could just be that for the BatB section

View attachment 340539

Definitely looks like Everest to me - on the left you see the main lift hill going into the mountain, just like Everest along with the waterfall and then the curving part on the right that Everest has as well.

Also looks to me like on the right side could be the dock for the Jungle Cruise

View attachment 340538
Thank you as well for posting this!

I had mentioned before that I was a fairly new player - started about 2 days before Lilo and Stitch started. Logged on and saw the next event is in less than days? Are they always this close together?

I have about a dozen characters to update but they are all at 8 and 9 and i don't like occupying the castle for that long during events. All the BH6 ones are even at 6s. I was hoping for a week or so to get everyone caught up!
They used to be months apart and we got permanent content in between but lately, they have changed to back-to-back events, which I am pretty sure almost no one suggested that in the surveys or on social media. So, they are pretty much doing whatever they want and eventually picking up some of our suggestions. I think now they are getting closer to what we have been wanting though. Baby steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter