Disney Magic Kingdoms

Immatooki, I don't know how you can find the time to play, but good luck with both the game and the test! I can't even imagine how tough the prep must be and how dedicated have to be to choose this path. (I have a DD who is planning to start studying for the MCAT soon, and that big pile of books looks intimidating. I'm guessing that what you are working on is somewhat similar).

After building the cottage, Doc has a short task, and then another, longer one that I think lasts for 6hrs. I hope that's it for the first part, but as of now I don't have the "welcome Sneezy" task yet, even though we can theoretically start getting his items in 12 hrs.
Thank you so much! And yes, it is quite similar! So far, Doc is halfway through his 2hr quest after building the cottage. Hanging in there so far lol

I’m enjoying it so far! I hope it doesn’t get crazy time-consuming the closer we get to Christmas. I think sending some characters home has really helped me so far. It’s a lot faster to check in when you don’t have to deal with 100 characters.

I haven't clicked a cloud yet
Anyone know the rewards

1 - 5: 2 Magical Chests, 850 EC, and 3 Poison Apples
6 - 50: 1 Magical Chest, 700 EC, and 2 Poison Apples
51 - 150: 1 Magical Chest, 550 EC, and 1 Poison Apple
151 - 350: 1 Magical Chest and 400 EC
351 - 600: 1 Magical Chest and 250 EC
601 - 1,000: 1 Magical Chest and 200 EC

so nice that even if just in top 1,000 you get an magical chest - not much more if you are a bit higher (unless can be top 5 to get 2nd magical chest)

I was doing really good getting 2-3 grumpy items for the first 10 or so magical cheats. Then it dropped to one and sometimes EC, but quite a few benches.

For those interesting in what it takes to get Grumpy:

60 Owls
40 Ear Hats
10,000 EC (so there's the drain on EC)

Owls come from:
- new Magical Chests
- Grump at level 2
- Happy
- Evil Queen at Level 4 and need Magic Mirror on the Wall attraction

Ear Hats come from:
- new Magical Chests
- Dopey at Level 3
- Grumpy at Level 2

Magical Chests are 15 gems each

For those interesting in what it takes to get Grumpy:

60 Owls
40 Ear Hats
10,000 EC (so there's the drain on EC)

Owls come from:
- new Magical Chests
- Grump at level 2
- Happy

Ear Hats come from:
- new Magical Chests
- Dopey at Level 3
- Grumpy at Level 2

Magical Chests are 15 gems each

Thanks for the summary! It looks like they're really pushing us to gamble on those magical chests. Two of the four options for each token are all but useless (Grumpy getting his own tokens obviously can't happen before you welcome him, and who's going to get the Queen to level 4 before the end of the event?). I'm glad Dopey and Happy can earn his tokens, but Dopey's task is 12 hours and the hat is likely Epic or Legendary (based on the fact that it's Legendary in the magical chests). So he'll probably be working for the entire event just for Grumpy items (making him useless for help getting the other event characters, which was the original purpose for premium characters).

I'm willing to take on the challenge to earn Grumpy, but I refuse to gamble on those chests. If the game keeps moving more and more toward gambling for content, I won't be playing much longer.

Thanks for the summary! It looks like they're really pushing us to gamble on those magical chests. Two of the four options for each token are all but useless (Grumpy getting his own tokens obviously can't happen before you welcome him, and who's going to get the Queen to level 4 before the end of the event?). I'm glad Dopey and Happy can earn his tokens, but Dopey's task is 12 hours and the hat is likely Epic or Legendary (based on the fact that it's Legendary in the magical chests). So he'll probably be working for the entire event just for Grumpy items (making him useless for help getting the other event characters, which was the original purpose for premium characters).

I'm willing to take on the challenge to earn Grumpy, but I refuse to gamble on those chests. If the game keeps moving more and more toward gambling for content, I won't be playing much longer.
The requirements for Grumpy are so high that there seems little chance of welcoming him before the event is over. Without dropping a huge amount of gems on magical chests, it looks like being almost impossible.

It is a bit of a bummer that Dopey's task is so long for him - would have made him very valuable if it was something more reasonable i think

It is interesting they are, if anything, increasing the amount of "gambling" needed in this game after the scrutiny over the microtransactions to get the chance at items with the new Star Wars game and how that was seen as marketing gambling to kids, etc.

The requirements for Grumpy are so high that there seems little chance of welcoming him before the event is over. Without dropping a huge amount of gems on magical chests, it looks like being almost impossible.

yeah, and seems a bit of a catch 22 in that he helps with getting other characters so do you buy chests now to help get him to help get other characters or try to get the other characters that can help get him first and see how you are doing and only buy chests closer to the end of the event to gethim

Agreed. If you only use Dopey, that means you'd have to get 1-2 ear hats per day (40 hats / 25 days), and with it being a 12-hour quest, you only have two chances at a drop. Given the rareness of Legendary items, it will be statistically impossible without buying magical chests.

I've just read a post from someone on the Gameloft forum who opened 65 magical chests!! Anyway, they got a total of 62 tokens for grumpy. That works out around one token per chest on average. Since Grumpy requires 100 tokens in total, that equates to an average of 100 magical chests...a cost 1500 gems. Wow!

Their experience also goes to show how remote the chance of actually getting Grumpy outright from a chest must be.

I think my IOS magical gift chest was broken. I got 1 magic, 1 owl token and 5 happiness. That's it. And the 1 magic showed up before the chest did, it said here's your gift. I was thinking, how the heck do they expect us to have enough to welcome Grumpy? And what kind of "gift" is a single, regular magic potion?

Let's see what the Windows chest brings...okay, still got the weird 1 magic potion. But this time there were three cards. There were only 2 cards in my IOS game. 1 owl, 1 ear hat, 400 EC. That at least feels more like a gift.

I guess I sound Grumpy myself, but I hate this gambling aspect and if this is where the game is heading I'll be out. In past events at least I felt like I had a chance of getting all the characters as long as I worked hard for them. With my bad luck on the chests in the past (still don't have that stupid racetrack and it took me a very long while to get that glove) I'm grumpy about this change. I almost quit over the Charming glove way back when. Thanks, Interns. NOT!

The chest I got today had one lute. That certainly doesn't make me hopeful.

I've just read a post from someone on the Gameloft forum who opened 65 magical chests!! Anyway, they got a total of 62 tokens for grumpy. That works out around one token per chest on average. Since Grumpy requires 100 tokens in total, that equates to an average of 100 magical chests...a cost 1500 gems. Wow!

Their experience also goes to show how remote the chance of actually getting Grumpy outright from a chest must be.

I am hoping there are more ways to get more magical chests then rather than just via buying them. You can get 1 for being in the top 1,000 of the latest mini event (2 if in the top 5) but if you need about 100 chests, 1 or 2 doesn't get you very far

Hopefully Happy's quest isn't too bad for helping out getting Grumpy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter