Disney Magic Kingdoms

I think my IOS magical gift chest was broken. I got 1 magic, 1 owl token and 5 happiness. That's it. And the 1 magic showed up before the chest did, it said here's your gift. I was thinking, how the heck do they expect us to have enough to welcome Grumpy? And what kind of "gift" is a single, regular magic potion?

Let's see what the Windows chest brings...okay, still got the weird 1 magic potion. But this time there were three cards. There were only 2 cards in my IOS game. 1 owl, 1 ear hat, 400 EC. That at least feels more like a gift.

not broken, that’s exactly what I got too

I am missing something... what are the owl tokens for? I feel a bit lost with this last update. I have Dopey at L2 and Doc at L3 and both buildings. Not sure how I am going to get all the characters in 24 days just b4 Xmas.

The Owl tokens are for Grumpy ... you need 60 of them and 40 ear hats - it is largely through these new magical chests that you can get them

Can someone tell me if there are any instant "prizes" in the cloud collecting game? The kind where when you hit 50 or 100 or something you get some currency or a chest or anything?

No extras for hitting 50,100 etc. I went straight into it to see what we could get. Would have been good though.

Splurged and bought a gem pack. Ended up only needing 7 more magical chests to get the rest of the items. So welcoming Grumpy now.

I spent about 700 gems on magical chests, but thanks to getting multiple ears and owl tokens from most of them, I was able to welcome Grumpy.

To get him to level two only takes 1 poison apple and 250 EC. I sent him on a 60 minute task before I realized he didn't need more tokens to level up. And his tokens are no longer available in my magical chests.

Edit to add: I sped up Grumpy's task, leveled him to 2. Now he needs 1 Owl, 1 Ear, and 1 Poison apple. The tokens are back in my Magical chests.

Last edited:
Absolutely not participating in their stupid little gambling game. But, happy for those willing to do it and who get Grumpy. After never having an issue completing an event and having all the characters, just going to have to get used to not having everyone. Oh well, but I probably will be focusing on other games more now, though I'll still see how far I'll be able to go in the event without Grumpy.

Absolutely not participating in their stupid little gambling game. But, happy for those willing to do it and who get Grumpy. After never having an issue completing an event and having all the characters, just going to have to get used to not having everyone. Oh well, but I probably will be focusing on other games more now, though I'll still see how far I'll be able to go in the event without Grumpy.

I am thinking I will play the event out and if I get some stuff towards Grumpy while I can, them great - and if I am relatively close towards the end maybe I'll get a few of the chests to try and get him .... but priority will be other characters

Normally, I have a handle on the silly "collect things to catch things" tasks. But I am not managing it well in my Windows game. IOS game turned out okay, got everything at about the right time, so Sneezy is being welcomed.

I am thinking I will play the event out and if I get some stuff towards Grumpy while I can, them great - and if I am relatively close towards the end maybe I'll get a few of the chests to try and get him .... but priority will be other characters

That’s also my plan! If I don’t get him, I can live with it, but he’d be the first character I’d be missing.

Same here. With 24 days I’d like to see how far I can get.

I’m welcoming Sneezy now.

Nice! I pulled the last two items I needed, from bronze chests, about an hour ago, but still need the poison apples.

Normally, I have a handle on the silly "collect things to catch things" tasks. But I am not managing it well in my Windows game. IOS game turned out okay, got everything at about the right time, so Sneezy is being welcomed.

Same here! The angry trees are making me angry and are already sucking the fun out of the event. Having decent luck with with the clippers, but the potions are screwing me over. I should have enough collected to welcome Sneezy in an hour or two.

Have Doc at level 4, should waited and welcomed Sleezy first. My Dopey is at level 2 and should be ready to level in about an hour.

So now I don't have any bronze chests. Lots of gold... but no bronze. Of course, now that there is actually something in those bronze chests (well, really, lots of things) that I would like. :rolleyes1

I just noticed that Grumpy costs 10K in event currency. Wow. I don't know how people are getting him. I have nowhere near that level (not that it matters since I don't have all the other items either). :faint:

So I broke down and spent $3.99 in real money for the Dopey bundle - first time spending real money on this game. This should leave me with enough of my gems to get Happy when he becomes available. I just started Sneezy's 1hr welcome.

In other news: Grumpy is making me grumpy just looking at how many tokens it takes to get him, and knowing that they require spending gems on magical chests. Unless I get lucky from a chest I win during a mini event, I have a feeling I'm not going to be getting Grumpy... *sigh*

So random question - did I just totally miss this in the past or is this cave with torches leading up to it new:

IMG_6281.PNG

I broke down and bought a gems package, because I always end up being the premium characters and parade floats anyway, so I know I"ll use them, but I"m whipping through these gems a bit too fast, because for some reason I have Gotta-Have-Grumpy-Fever.

Luckily, I have a bonus job next week, so I'm covered. Best wishes to all!!! Xoxox

Best of all, I'm off to Disney World tomorrow for the day! WOOHOO

I broke down and bought a gems package, because I always end up being the premium characters and parade floats anyway, so I know I"ll use them, but I"m whipping through these gems a bit too fast, because for some reason I have Gotta-Have-Grumpy-Fever.

Luckily, I have a bonus job next week, so I'm covered. Best wishes to all!!! Xoxox

Best of all, I'm off to Disney World tomorrow for the day! WOOHOO

Enjoy tomorrow. I am probably going to be there Sunday and next Sunday. A 2 1/2 drive there for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter