Disney Magic Kingdoms

WHY DO I BOTHER WITH THESE EVENTS?
I've set timers, checked in the middle of the night etc. Ranked high is all the past 4 events. Out of the 12 Magical chests I've earned I've gotten happiness and owls. Not even 1 stupid ear hat.

Interestingly enough, without trying for Grumpy, I have 33 owls and 17 hats. Anyone know if he sticks around after the event. If yes, maybe I spend gems to finish the queen. I actually got 2 hats overnight. Giving me a ray of hope.

So with my chests from the trophy event, I am now exactly half way to earning Grumpy with both ears and owls. Opening the last chest felt like my last opportunity to get the elusive dwarf, so I guess my game will be Grumpy free...probably for the best as I don't want someone bringing the morale down in my Kingdom :P

I am 2 heart boxes from the Queen so feeling better about getting her now, with my event currency at 60,000.

Tuxedo Mickey and Mickey gloves set are 4.99 and 6 lion kings chests for 7.99.No thanks!

Im sad because this event has been just so disappointing. Snow White should have been fun but it wasnt at all.

For those of you who purchased the magical chests for Grumpy...

Did you find your drop rate increased for the remaining token after you maxed out the first token? For example, I only need 10 owls, but I need 20 grumpy ear hats. The owls seem to drop easier in the chests. So once I’ve maxed out my owls, did anyone find that they received more ear hats?

I’m not buying anything until the last day in case there is any last minute deal or twist to getting Grumpy, (and I only have enough gems for 22 chests so I want to work everyone to the bone for tokens until the last minute). Even then , I’m still not sure I want to risk every last gem when I still need quite a few ear hats.

I’ve spent two days sending them out for tasks for the evil queen and I’ve not had a single item drop (my happiness is as full as it gets too). I think I am done trying to get the queen!

For those of you who purchased the magical chests for Grumpy...

Did you find your drop rate increased for the remaining token after you maxed out the first token? For example, I only need 10 owls, but I need 20 grumpy ear hats. The owls seem to drop easier in the chests. So once I’ve maxed out my owls, did anyone find that they received more ear hats?

That was my experience, and that of others who have posted in this thread.

For example, I got 2 chests in the Trophy challenge that ended this morning, and, already having all the owls I needed to upgrade Grumpy, I got 4 ear hats total - 2 in each box. I'm probably averaging 1.5 per chest once the owls were maxed out.

2 more owls and 15 ears to get Grumpy. Queen just leveled to 3. Going to try to level her to 4 to get the 6 hour tasks instead of 12. See if I can get a couple tokens before having to resort to chests at the end.

For example, I got 2 chests in the Trophy challenge that ended this morning, and, already having all the owls I needed to upgrade Grumpy, I got 4 ear hats total - 2 in each box. I'm probably averaging 1.5 per chest once the owls were maxed out.

I agree, I was maxed out on owls as well, and got 8 ear hats out of my 4 chests. Just one more to go, then I can level Grumpy up to 8!

I agree, I was maxed out on owls as well, and got 8 ear hats out of my 4 chests. Just one more to go, then I can level Grumpy up to 8!

This is encouraging...thank you both!

Can’t really tell you. Sadly, for me, I was only 1 ear of being able to level Grumpy to level 7. Ended up placing 11th, got my ear in the first chest and garbage in the other 3, so obviously, they won’t give you more of an item that you need from chests. I really wish they didn’t require you to open all the chests at once because it cost me a few Grumpy items. :confused3

If you haven’t welcomed Grumpy yet, it will let the count go over the required amount, but can’t remember if it’s when you go over on a chest of if you continue collecting on any chests after you maxed an item out?

I got the tokens I needed for levelling up Grumpy in the first 2 chests and the last one gave me a measly 100Ec and nothing else, which seemed pretty mean. But hey, it's just a game, right? The fact that they design these events to take over your life and gamble is what troubles me. I love the look of it and the idea if ridding the kingdom of evil, i just wish they would cut the stress out if it.

On a lighter note, has anyone seen the parachutes coming down on parachute drop? i just caught the end of it the other day and had no idea it would do that! How can I make it happen? Does a kid need to choose to ride it, or what? I really want to see the whole thing!

On a lighter note, has anyone seen the parachutes coming down on parachute drop? i just caught the end of it the other day and had no idea it would do that! How can I make it happen? Does a kid need to choose to ride it, or what? I really want to see the whole thing!

Yes they need to choose to ride it. It is pretty cool!

Well after posting about my Grumpy not dropping anything for almost 5 sends, he then dropped an item every single send after that. got the queen late last night, but I’m so relieved this event is almost over, Ive been on vacation and playing nonstop and just barely scraping ec and items together. Never setting alarms to get up in the middle of the night but def if i happen to get awakened checking in to see if ive accomplished anything. sending jessie and goofy on their 6 min task constantly.... I need a break!

Anyone else’s Shere Kahn’s ear token still look like the old version? I just started to collect for him. I was sure I saw he had a newly designed token with the Alice update? Checked the wiki as well and I am definitely seeing the old token design, even though my game has the latest updates.

Anyone else’s Shere Kahn’s ear token still look like the old version? I just started to collect for him. I was sure I saw he had a newly designed token with the Alice update? Checked the wiki as well and I am definitely seeing the old token design, even though my game has the latest updates.

He was updated to the new token, but then when the Snow White event started, he reverted back to the old token.

Queen has been Welcomed in both my games now. Working on EC collection now. I did not get Grumpy in any of my chests, and barely any tokens for him either. One chest gave me some Magic, 5 happiness, and then 15 happiness... when I was already maxed out in happiness. So 10 minutes later, I was already losing happiness. Great motivation to keep playing there, interns.

After a scathing email sent to Gameloft, I have finally had some luck with the Queen tokens. I've got all the apples, all the EC, 4/9 heart boxes and 8/9 ears. I might have a chance. After this event, I hope they cool it for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter