Disney Magic Kingdoms

I would love to see Peter Pan and the 100 Acre Wood folks and also the Little Mermaid characters. And Princess and the Frog. All fantastic suggestions. I think that the interns could still make money without these stupid timed events. It would just involve a bit more creativity than "hurry up and spend or you'll lose out forever." And it would make their players happier. :rolleyes2:

On the Gameloft forum, someone has suggested that maybe Sleepy will be the advent calendar gift on Christmas day.

This actually makes a lot of sense and I've a feeling they could be right. At that point there will only be 7 days of the event remaining. To welcome Sleepy, defeat the Queen, then welcome the Queen in that time would be a big ask.

Fingers crossed - it'll be nice if it happens. What does everyone think?

I wouldn't complain about it, that's for sure. ;)

I was reading an article the other day and they were talking about gaming "whales". They said that Farmville's top 4% of users spent an average of over $4,000 each on FarmVille. That's insane.

That is who Disney cares about. Not the people who play the game and spend $2 on every event. They want the people that spend big time money on every event. They know that those people spend $10, $20, $50+ per event. If they keep those people addicted, then the rest of us are irrelevant.
Not entirely convinced. Ten bucks is ten bucks. And if you fall off the radar, there will be another you coming along any second now. I'm sure Gameloft and Disney are fine with hundreds (thousands?) of players kicking in $12 each per event on top of the big spenders you mentioned.

Last edited:

I am also waiting to be able to level the Pirates characters beyond level 6
See, now that part bothers me less than other things. I really can't tell that they're at 6 and not 10 right now. They were another silly addition to a cartoon-based game. Now that everyone except this current event's characters are at 10, I have no reason to go back into pages to see that they are only at 6. Gameplay doesn't feel any different to me.

Not entirely convinced. Ten bucks is ten bucks. And if you fall off the radar, there will be another you coming along any second now. I'm sure Gameloft and Disney are fine with hundreds (thousands?) of players kicking in $12 each per event on top of the big spenders you mentioned.

I usually spend $15-$17 AUD per event now as I buy both character packs with the parade float and concession/ride. I don't buy event currency unless it comes with the characters.

I agree that while they will always like to appeal to big spenders, those users paying $10-$12 per event add up.

lost a days worth of progress yesterday between being out all morning and then giving into my splitting headache and sleeping for 14+ hours after that, I went from 12th to 57th. back up to 41 after collecting a round

Wow! This is great - I wonder when these games will start complying. Kind of sucks that all the teams behind these games now have to reprogram something just a few days before Christmas breaks, though something like an odds indicator probably won’t take much

I don't feel sorry for them. What they were doing was unethical.

I also think that there are very few "super spenders" in these games and that they are much more interested in making hordes of people fork over $10-$20 dollars every month or so.

I don't feel sorry for them. What they were doing was unethical.

I also think that there are very few "super spenders" in these games and that they are much more interested in making hordes of people fork over $10-$20 dollars every month or so.

I'm talking about the programmers, not the people who were actually making the decision to hide the odds. I think it's easy to imagine Gameloft as one single entity that's making everything here, but the decision makers for products like this are very rarely the people actually producing the game - especially for a game with licensed content. It's very possible no one in Gameloft even has final say on anything in this game, needing to run everything by an executive within Disney beforehand.

How everyone doing in Striking Gold?

My top 5 has gotten really competitive! Been yo-yoing between 1-3 all day, but about 1/2 hour behind one player. Currently only a 21 trophy difference in the top 5. Luckily I’m about 75 trophies ahead of 6th and 7th is about 310 behind. :rotfl2:

I'm talking about the programmers, not the people who were actually making the decision to hide the odds. I think it's easy to imagine Gameloft as one single entity that's making everything here, but the decision makers for products like this are very rarely the people actually producing the game - especially for a game with licensed content. It's very possible no one in Gameloft even has final say on anything in this game, needing to run everything by an executive within Disney beforehand.
I also don't feel sorry for the folks that decide the odds or decide to have the games include these "loot chests", but I also agree that it's unlikely that they're the ones actually doing the programming. It's rather like blaming the CMs selling the churros in the parks for a price increase. They have to implement the change, but it's not their decision to increase the price.

I'm far behind the top players on my board, but the top person on my board has no name (it's blank) and has 892 trophies. The person in fifth has 809...and then there are a fair number of "Toy Story Fan #", "Disney Fan #", "Mickey Mouse Fan #", "Donald is the best #" players in the rest of the top 50 (I'd be curious to know how many of those are "real" people - maybe they're real, but the names seem awfully suspicious).

I'm far behind the top players on my board, but the top person on my board has no name (it's blank) and has 892 trophies. The person in fifth has 809...and then there are a fair number of "Toy Story Fan #", "Disney Fan #", "Mickey Mouse Fan #", "Donald is the best #" players in the rest of the top 50 (I'd be curious to know how many of those are "real" people - maybe they're real, but the names seem awfully suspicious).
I was given one of those names, too, when I first started. Until you create a profile or link it to your social media, you are automatically assigned one of those "Fan" names.

My top 5 has gotten really competitive! Been yo-yoing between 1-3 all day, but about 1/2 hour behind one player. Currently only a 21 trophy difference in the top 5. Luckily I’m about 75 trophies ahead of 6th and 7th is about 310 behind. :rotfl2:
Number one just hit 500. I'm in 4th place with 297. Except for 1st place, 2nd thru 7th are all within 30 of each other. It's really competitive. I keep alternating between 3rd and 4th. But it seems like it keeps changing every hour. I wish the people on my leader board would go to sleep. I really need those chests. I have a total of 20 Grumpy tokens so far. 80 to go....sure could use those 5 chests. Good luck everyone, I know most of us need those Grumpy chests.

So I'm in 123 place at the moment with 403 trophies. Spots 1 and 2 have 836 each, spots 3 and 4 have 810 each and spot 5 has 795.... I don't know how they are doing it, but I was a schmuck who spent way too many gems on Grumpy, so if someone else can get the top spot, to get the chests, to get Grumpy, then good for them. I still don't know how they are getting all the gems though.

Hopeless!

I’m in 350th place. Been crazy busy and not able to keep up. Given I’ve ruled out grumpy I might just focus on leveling up

I am so behind now - have been without internet for a couple of days while visiting family (and with awful reception, which meant even using cell data was impossible). In like 300-something place on trophies and just now starting on Snow White's stuff - ack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter