Disney Magic Kingdoms

Is this the case? Oh I thought they were just for amusement! How to find out which costumes are needed for which tokens? What will I miss by taking Mickey out of his Santa outfit?

If you got to the character screen and on the character (say Alice) for the item that might need this it will list the character at the bottom with a requirement to equip the Halloween outfit. For example, for Alice's Ear Hat it lists at the bottom Minnie Mouse with one requirement to equip her Halloween outfit

I have only played 2 times since the event, it is so nice!
I did not feel stressed too much by this event, surprisingly, but I think that is just because I have been stressed by other things more instead. BUT I also did not enjoy this event as much and I don't think I really have enjoyed an event since NBC. With the events being this frequent, it is difficult to fully enjoy them, let alone the new things the interns are pulling these days.

Anywho, I hope everyone is enjoying their winter! I know I am LOVING these single digit and below zero temps!:upsidedow

I only used the gems I had, did not pay for Grumpy at all. I think this is the best way to play so they do not pull this crap on us anymore.

I did the same thing. My earned gems bucket is lower, but I didn't want to send them actual money to reward them for trying this.

Me too. I'll keep playing whilst I've got any gems remaining, but I'm not going to spend any more real money on the game until something changes. For the first time in ages, I didn't spend anything during the last event. Money (or a lack of it) is the only thing the interns will listen to.

Me too. I'll keep playing whilst I've got any gems remaining, but I'm not going to spend any more real money on the game until something changes. For the first time in ages, I didn't spend anything during the last event. Money (or a lack of it) is the only thing the interns will listen to.
I totally agree...I've spent $12 CDN since starting this game, which was when it was released. I never seem to have as many gems as others, and have to decide what I can afford to buy. I did not get Grumpy, but my wallet is ok with that ☺️
At the same time, I don't begrudge others on how they choose to play, but I know that I can't keep playing for free if others keep giving money to Gameloft. I will walk away from the game before paying any more money, as I have so many other things to spend my money on...by the way, why are kids sports so expensive

Kudos to those who managed to get Grumpy without buying gems!

Do these events make anyone else take a break from the game. I've logged in twice since it ended. Need time to recoup.

Got the queen but not Grumpy. Didn't even try. Will be interesting to see if they go that direction again with the next event. If yes, may be time to retire.

After getting the Queen and completing the Snow White character set, I took a nice break. From the game and disboards. Between the frantic in game race and keeping up with posting here, needed a little down time. The event itself was enjoyable for me in game, the way Gameloft went about it not so much...as others have noted this will have no effect on their conscience or decision making and we can not control those decisions (unless there is a gameloft mole here ;)
we can only control how we choose to play the game, the rest is all just noise. I will be mindful of this for future events.
Due to the struggle with Grumpy and Queen it kept us busy here and gave us many conversations. Our thread was very active.

On a more positive note- Happy New Year All, cheers to an awesome 2018.

So - I did end up getting the Queen. The morning the event ended, I finally got the last token I needed.

What I don't get is this: If my hubby and I have the same characters, spent the same $$ on the game for this event, then how in the world did he get the Queen 3 days before the event ended? We both work, and check-in on the game the same amount of times. If the drops are considered Epic, then shouldn't everyone receive drops at the same time, maybe +/- a drop or two?

While the Queen was difficult to get, it was nowhere near as bad as the Queen of Hearts from AIW. I don't think I gathered 1/2 the tokens required. Granted, I was in Cabo for a work conference, but still - I checked in on the game as much as possible, and got nothing.

In any case: From here on out I want to focus on Jungle Book, and getting all my characters to level 10. I really hope they don't have another timed event for 2-3 months...

So - I did end up getting the Queen. The morning the event ended, I finally got the last token I needed.

What I don't get is this: If my hubby and I have the same characters, spent the same $$ on the game for this event, then how in the world did he get the Queen 3 days before the event ended? We both work, and check-in on the game the same amount of times. If the drops are considered Epic, then shouldn't everyone receive drops at the same time, maybe +/- a drop or two?

While the Queen was difficult to get, it was nowhere near as bad as the Queen of Hearts from AIW. I don't think I gathered 1/2 the tokens required. Granted, I was in Cabo for a work conference, but still - I checked in on the game as much as possible, and got nothing.

In any case: From here on out I want to focus on Jungle Book, and getting all my characters to level 10. I really hope they don't have another timed event for 2-3 months...

Very well said and to focus on the last part of your statement, I agree no more timed events for a long while. Main line story events only.

No, actually. I thought the drops were randomly programmed. Which would mean that some are going to fare better than others during the event. Otherwise, if it was all programmed the same way, we'd all be working at nearly the same pace.

I don't think the drops are truly random (meaning no pattern/logic/rationale), rather I thought the drops of each level all had the same probability of happening (e.g., 95% chance of a common item, 75% for an uncommon, etc. - I totally made up the probabilities as examples). So it doesn't matter what's happened previously, each time you finish a task with the possibility of getting an item, there is a x% chance of getting the item. It's same no matter how many times you do the task (i.e., each time, the probability is the same, and not dependent on the past). So two people could be playing absolutely the same amount, but they won't necessarily have the same outcomes because the drops come down to luck. Imagine a jar with 95 green beads and 5 red beads. If you draw one red bead out and then put it back, shake up the jar, and hand it to your husband. He has the same chance of getting a red bead as you did, but he might not get it even though you're drawing from the same jar with the same odds.

For the longest time I felt I was alone in wanting the main storyline to continue and no timed events. It's nice to see that I have a bit of company for now. :goodvibes

You are not alone. It's actually really annoying that they keep making them pay events. It's should be main story line and then an occasional timed event maybe for like holidays or something. It used to be very good, that everything was main story line, now DMK just looks greedy, and that's not a good sign.

Is this the case? Oh I thought they were just for amusement! How to find out which costumes are needed for which tokens? What will I miss by taking Mickey out of his Santa outfit?

The other thing you can do is when you are looking at the tasks for a certain character who has different costumes, let's say Mickey for example...
If he's in his Santa outfit and you scroll to the bottom of his available tasks, you will see his tasks that require him to be in a different costume... like the Halloween dance. The task won't show available (and at the top of the list) unless they are in the right outfit.

I have a rather productive kingdom and this last event was certainly a challenge but I wonder. If the event was difficult for me, what was it like for people new to the game? I doubt they scale requirements based on the capability of your kingdom. Eventually us grown up mousketeers are going tire of Gameloft's ploys to make their financial targets and leave the game. If the new breed is turned off by impossible requirements to get new characters or the $ required to buy legendary chests, where will Gameloft be then?

Do these events make anyone else take a break from the game. I've logged in twice since it ended. Need time to recoup.

Got the queen but not Grumpy. Didn't even try. Will be interesting to see if they go that direction again with the next event. If yes, may be time to retire.

I am glad that the event is over. I am at Disney World for the Marathon Weekend to run the Dopey Challenge. I have not logged in much while here.

I have a rather productive kingdom and this last event was certainly a challenge but I wonder. If the event was difficult for me, what was it like for people new to the game? I doubt they scale requirements based on the capability of your kingdom. Eventually us grown up mousketeers are going tire of Gameloft's ploys to make their financial targets and leave the game. If the new breed is turned off by impossible requirements to get new characters or the $ required to buy legendary chests, where will Gameloft be then?

I can't imagine being a new player for an event like this. On the plus side, they do seem to utilize a lot of characters you get early on in the game. At the same time though there were characters involved (Belle, Gaston, etc) that could only be obtained from prior events. I know the lack of event currency alone would have killed my chance at the Queen had I not had them.

I can't imagine being a new player for an event like this. On the plus side, they do seem to utilize a lot of characters you get early on in the game. At the same time though there were characters involved (Belle, Gaston, etc) that could only be obtained from prior events. I know the lack of event currency alone would have killed my chance at the Queen had I not had them.

I completely agree, I have a struggle playing and I have been playing since the middle of the Incredibles event. I wouldn't even want to play if I was just starting now because I would want all of the characters but I would refuse to get any of those chests for the characters.

I completely agree, I have a struggle playing and I have been playing since the middle of the Incredibles event. I wouldn't even want to play if I was just starting now because I would want all of the characters but I would refuse to get any of those chests for the characters.

Me, too. I remember feeling so behind and overwhelmed, and I joined before these silly timed events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter