Disney meal plan

xbwkq1v

Earning My Ears
First trip to Disney, staying on Disney property. There are 4 adults and 2 children. Is it worth getting the meal plan? :grouphug:

Welcome to the Dis!

Trip planning is fun and can be confusing at times. The DDP (Disney Dining Plan) can take some thought (and math :laughing: ) to figure out if it's right for you. I would suggest looking the Dining forum, dining plan sub forum, to read about the plan, what it costs/covers. A lot depends on if you want to eat 1 TS (table service-sit down meal) and 1 CS (counter/quick service-fast food meal) per day. Then check out the menus to see what your family would like and what you would spend if paying OOP (out of pocket) vs. the amount of the plan. We do the math before each trip and it comes out different each time. :goodvibes

When I found out that the DDP starts on the day we check into the All Star Sports , I called and added it to our vacation. Then I called Disney Dinning and. Made ADRs for four restaurants we have never ate at, so I know we will far surpass the extra expense of adding the DDP and we get to try new restaurants that I might not have chosen if I was paying out of pocket.

This is the first time we have done the DDP so we will see. But I dont think I will regret the decision.

Via iPhone

OP, your question made me laugh because in terms of what it will start up on these boards you might as well ask: "I just got to Earth, and I see you have this thing called religion, which one should I join?"

:rotfl:

To start a serious war though, express a negative opinion about Tragical, oops I mean, Magical Express.

The short answer is no, unless it's free. ;)

I used to be a staunch supporter of the DDP, but with the app taken away, and the tip exluded now I honestly dont think it's worth it. Also since it is your first trip I would prob veto the DDP unless its free. You will be so sensory overloaded that it will be hard to pull yourself away from the WDW action. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from, and if you follow some easy tips you can almost always find something to get into unless you are trying for Le Cellier or Cindarella's table.

I struggle with this every trip. Then I book all my ADRs without the dining plan and realize that if I add the dining plan I will indeed save money. I eat the same if I have it or not, so I add it to my ressie. (I stay at DVC resort)

Hard to argue that it is a money savings for me, since I wasn't planning on using it and booked my ADR's and then added after the fact since it did indeed save me money. Anyway, I think if you plan to eat one sit down meal per day or one signature meal and will use all the credits for sure then you will save money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter