Disney Nails!

My best friend Jess and I LOVE to do Disney nails before a trip! Just click HERE and HERE for some ideas. Scroll down though...they're amid some Disney prep posts! :) Enjoy!

So I'm trying to decide what to do with my nail for our upcoming trip. I was thinking of doing them red and using tape as if it was racing stripes but I'm not sure, what do you think?

That sounds very cool. How about making LMcQ's lightning zig zag! Red does not look good on me so I won't try that.

My best friend Jess and I LOVE to do Disney nails before a trip! Just click HERE and HERE for some ideas. Scroll down though...they're amid some Disney prep posts! :) Enjoy!

What fun nails! I have to say I especially like the Toy Story wall paper one!

I'm trying to think what do with my nails this trip too. I was thinking of WOC somehow. Have to think about that.

Very cute!

That sounds very cool. How about making LMcQ's lightning zig zag! Red does not look good on me so I won't try that.

That's sort of what I was thinking. lol I'm not sure about red on my hands tho, I do it on my toes all the time and it looks fine but hands are totally different. LOL I may just do tips with Mickey decals.

What fun nails! I have to say I especially like the Toy Story wall paper one!

I'm trying to think what do with my nails this trip too. I was thinking of WOC somehow. Have to think about that.

I can't take these threads anymore because I don't really have any nails, no sooner they begin to grow they break. It is so annoying from a finger nail stand point. :faint: No, really it is. Many designs just don't look as good if at all on short nails. I want a refund please. ;) How does everyone else end up with nice long nails? They can't all be artificial right?

~~ I love you Phil and you will forever be with me! Forever my very best and most special friend! I love you to no end. ~~

Mine are real. I've never worn fake nails and I know they would bother me. When I'm at work during the school year, they aren't always so nice. Putting polish on them even when short can help strengthen them a little but they also have special stregthener in the nail polish section that you brush on under your polish.

Mine are real, I used to get mine done but I stopped years ago. Now mine just grow. Get a strengthener, it will help!

Mine have an acrylic coating but are mine underneath. I've had them for 20 years so I don't think I'd be able to function if they weren't on.

IMG_2029.jpg

This is my latest design. Not really happy with them because there is no real theme going on. And Mickey heads are really hard to do or they end up looking like hearts or blobs. I think the dots and the sparkles might work for a princess theme.

I tried WOC but still can't come up with anything that looks right. :confused:

That's cute Budgie! It reminds me of Mickey meets Sleeping Beauty!

I'm planning to do some more Disney nails soon, sort of as a countdown to my trip! :D Then the big decision of what to wear on the trip itself! :goodvibes

I forgot to post these ones too, more Disney inspired nails! These ones are based on Disney's take on painting the roses red in Alice in Wonderland! Love these, I'm so proud of them!

il_fullxfull.343336029.jpg

Those are very nice! Did you use a polish pen? I used to use arcrylic paints for details and then covered them in clear. I say used to because I can't figure out where I put my paints! :rotfl: I have found that even if I use a paintbrush with polish, I just can't get the fine lines and control that I can with paint.

Hahah misplacing stuff is the worst! I used nail polish and detail brushes - I have a stand with clips to hold the nail set and it has a magnifying glass on it, helps me get the really small details!

Today I did a nail sampler. First IASW inspired on my thumb:
IASW.jpg

Then I did WOC, Tinkerbell, and two kinds of pink Minnies.
Disneysampler.jpg

After looking at my sampler I decided to go with the Minnies. Not orginal, but since I don't care for red on my nails I went with Minnie's pink dress. I used a nail pen for the dots and the bows. Not cleaned up yet around the edges, but you get the idea. I'm also thinking I may try white on the rest of nails next time instead of plain.
MinnieMouse.jpg

I did like the Tinkerbell one too and may go back to it. Notice the Pixie dust? But green isn't my favorite color. I also keep trying to do some sort of WOC nails but they just don't come out right. Of course, I'm missing a few colors. I don't have any orange or purple.

PinkBudgie, 1st - I LOVE YOUR NAILS!!!!!! I have been looking at this thread for a while now and I love the designs that you come up with. I don't have too steady a hand to do my fingernails but I do mine (and my mom's) toe nails all the time thanks to stickers found at the drug stores and Target.

2nd - Which nail pens do you use? Do you use the Sally Hansen ones or something different? Do you find that they work better than acrylic paint for detail work and are they less harmful to the nail in the long-term? Sorry for the question; I've never used acrylic paint on my nail designs and have been considering it but just didn't know if there are any consequences for using it.

3rd- What polish did you use for the green for the Tinkerbell nails? I have been trying to find a decent green, and I haven't been satisfied with the ones that I have right now. Also what polish did you use for the sparkle base?

Thank you!!!

PinkBudgie, 1st - I LOVE YOUR NAILS!!!!!! I have been looking at this thread for a while now and I love the designs that you come up with. I don't have too steady a hand to do my fingernails but I do mine (and my mom's) toe nails all the time thanks to stickers found at the drug stores and Target.

2nd - Which nail pens do you use? Do you use the Sally Hansen ones or something different? Do you find that they work better than acrylic paint for detail work and are they less harmful to the nail in the long-term? Sorry for the question; I've never used acrylic paint on my nail designs and have been considering it but just didn't know if there are any consequences for using it.

3rd- What polish did you use for the green for the Tinkerbell nails? I have been trying to find a decent green, and I haven't been satisfied with the ones that I have right now. Also what polish did you use for the sparkle base?

Thank you!!!

The nail pens are from Sally Hansen and I've found them to be pretty handy. As far as using paint I don't know if that is bad in the long run or not. I don't think so, but I always put down a coat of nail polish and then paint on that. I had more paint colors then polish colors. Paint is less blobby than polish tends to be so a little easier control. But the pens work pretty well. I may get more colors. I only have black and white right now.

For the Tinkerbell nails I used a base coat of a light pink called Tutu Tango #55 by Maybelline Express Finish. Don't know if they still make that color, I've had it for a while, but any very light pink would work. Or nothing. The green is NYC Big Money Frost #118. It only cost 99 cents and I just wanted a green color but didn't want to spend a lot on it because I knew I wouldn't use it that much. However, I was surprised it seemed to be a good color for Tink. The sparkles polish is Orly Shine on Crazy Diamond. I love it because it adds fun to any color. I used it on the non green part for the tink nails.
I also put it over the pink on my toes for something extra.

I love those little nail stickers. I wish Disney made some! Sometimes I use 3 flowers or 3 "jewels" to make a Mickey Head.

Ok, today's nails are inspired by Tangled. Note the tower and the blonde hair flowing across the nails. The sparkles are the floating lanterns. Of course, light purple for her dress. :goodvibes

Tangled.jpg

Oh, I took the picture before I cleaned up the little bit that went over to my finger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter