Disney needs to get Chocolate Emporium.

:):)

We found the place to be bleah. We went when it was new, and milkshakes required waiting in a separate 1+hour line after Dining. And we waited over an hour for our seats. Which would normally make food even more delicious, but it didn’t cause that. The bread that’s touted as being sooo good was awful. I can’t even remember what we had. Ugh.

I'm not really a chocolate fan, so I doubt I'll ever eat there. But just the thought is chocolate in bread makes me a little sick.

While it's not a chocolate restaurant, Disney Springs is planning a themed restaurant kinda like Toothsome:

"Opening later this year, The Edison, a lavish “Industrial Gothic” restaurant, bar and nighttime destination will debut. A collaboration of Patina Restaurant Group and Kinetescape’s Andrew Meieran, The Edison is noted for classic American food, craft cocktails and live entertainment including cabaret. (The Disney Springs location is inspired by its sister location in Los Angeles.) With Old World sophistication and romance, The Edison will be themed to a 1920s-era electric company, recalling an exuberant era of invention and imagination with entertainment that includes contortionists, aerialists, DJs and more."

Bold emphasis is mine.. when I read this, I thought that this was Disney's "response" to 'Toothsome'.

NICE!!! I'll keep my eye out for this

We ate here for brunch just this last Sunday. I really liked the steampunk theme and the service was excellent. The food was... not really my style. Overcomplicated and too rich, too dense, too many calories. If I am going to be a glutton, I'd rather go to Emeril's. Even the coffee had chocolate added to it, which was not what I expected, and the chocolate almond bread appetizer was over-chocolatey and very messy.

The quiche Lorraine was pretty damn good. The Bananas foster waffle was OK, not great. The berries French toast was a good idea, but they used about 10X the amount of lemon curd I would have, and it was way too dense and sugary. The kids got a cookie jar shake - I appreciated the gonzo factor of having a cookie stuck on top of it, but it wasn't very good. The triple chocolate sundae thing my wife got was just pure chocolate overload, although she liked it. I didn't think any of the desserts looked very good.

'in matters of taste, there can be no argument' right? We had tried to swing by here for a late dinner Saturday and it was a 50 minute wait for a table, so obviously my negative review is not the majority opinion. I'm sure my wife will want to go back here next time we are at Universal.

I ate there twice. Dessert good. Entrees not so much. I don't know if Disney would be open to a Wonka style attraction. Depends on who the copyright belongs to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter