Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the article, the enclosed short TikTok video was meant to show a “behind the scenes look”, not introduce the show.
Yeah, I got that. But a 15 seconds tiktok is a poor choice if you are doing some state of the art, modern technology show, that will change night time shows at Disney. Disneyland Paris was the first with projection shows, the rest of the world followed.

Disney has made several longer behind the scene videos of this amazing show. To just show such a short clip is not doing it any justice. If you have the material, why not use it in a better way?

Yeah, I got that. But a 15 seconds tiktok is a poor choice if you are doing some state of the art, modern technology show, that will change night time shows at Disney. Disneyland Paris was the first with projection shows, the rest of the world followed.

Disney has made several longer behind the scene videos of this amazing show. To just show such a short clip is not doing it any justice. If you have the material, why not use it in a better way?
Chapak: "if you can do it for $1, why pay $100... Less is More"

One Family Pin Celebration Is Coming to Disney World in August

During the One Family pin event, you’ll be able to check out an eclectic, quirky, heartfelt collection of pins that inspires fans to laugh, share and connect as ONE Family.

The event will take place at World ShowPlace in EPCOT at Walt Disney World on Friday, August 12th through Saturday, August 13, 2022. Registration will take place on August 11, 2022. Disney has said that further registration details will be released at a later date.

We had the same experience during a People Mover ride back in February. At first, my partner reminded me that at least were getting a new perspective on something at Disney, lol. But after we had to haul our two year old down a long series of track to the stairwell exit, any good cheer we felt had melted away
"we had to haul our two year old down a long series of track to the stairwell exit" - you may not have realized it at the time, but that is Chapek's new People Mover...

Salt & Straw Flavor Offerings for April

Currently only available in Disneyland at Downtown Disney, but hopefully soon to be available in Disney Springs as well

On Instagram, Salt and Straw announced that this month’s flavors are a part of something called the Student Inventors Series, which is where the shop takes original stories written by kids and turns them into one-of-a-kind ice cream flavors!

View attachment 659385

Those all sound horrifying (to me).

Those all sound horrifying (to me).
These are fairly normal flavors for Salt & Straw. They usually have some stuff that’s way more out there, but great. I actually thought they all sounded like good combos. Today, a lot of gourmet ice creams tend to mix various flavors and foods. Basic ice cream is readily available all over.

Good Morning All!!

1648977059110.jpeg
I’ll have you know I’ve been looking at these for over an hour now. Can’t sleep lol

Also came across this little nugget while looking up “why am I up so early funny gifs” lol Must have have had a spelling error somewhere and ended up in the ‘lost and found’ section instead.

B906018F-88F6-49AE-8CBF-F8695BCF11A6.gif

These are fairly normal flavors for Salt & Straw. They usually have some stuff that’s way more out there, but great. I actually thought they all sounded like good combos. Today, a lot of gourmet ice creams tend to mix various flavors and foods. Basic ice cream is readily available all over.
Yup. This place is big fat NOPE for us. Balsamic? Lavender? Gag me.

Even the Harry Potter ice cream shop at USA managed to ruin chocolate by adding hot chili to it.

Disney-Branded Hand Sanitizers Have Been Recalled

The FDA detected benzene in “The Mandalorian” product and methanol in the Mickey Mouse hand sanitizers. The FDA notified Best Brands Consumer Products of the results in late February.

Therefore, discard any items from lot 20E21 with an expiration date of September 30, 2022. This includes The Mandalorian hand sanitizer, which contains 68% ethyl alcohol and is available in green and blue 2.11 fl oz bottles. In addition, discard the Mickey Mouse hand sanitizer from lot 20D21 with a June 30, 2022 expiration date in blue, 2.11 fl oz bottles.

1648994626855.jpeg1648994706873.jpeg

The FDA detected benzene in “The Mandalorian” product and methanol in the Mickey Mouse hand sanitizers. The FDA notified Best Brands Consumer Products of the results in late February.

Therefore, discard any items from lot 20E21 with an expiration date of September 30, 2022. This includes The Mandalorian hand sanitizer, which contains 68% ethyl alcohol and is available in green and blue 2.11 fl oz bottles. In addition, discard the Mickey Mouse hand sanitizer from lot 20D21 with a June 30, 2022 expiration date in blue, 2.11 fl oz bottles.

View attachment 659708View attachment 659709

I have that Mickey Mouse hand sanitizer, but I never use it because it smells terrible. It looks cute, but I guess I need to just throw it away.

I have that Mickey Mouse hand sanitizer, but I never use it because it smells terrible. It looks cute, but I guess I need to just throw it away.

Same here. We have two of the Mandalorian hand sanitizers and used them after every ride last year.

Easter Blueberry Macaroons, Lemon Crinkle Cookies, and Fudge Trio Now Available at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Lemon Crinkle Cookies – $5.19

yacht-club-easter-treats-0-1200x900.jpg

Easter Trio of Fudge – $8.99

yacht-club-easter-treats-14-1200x900.jpg

Robin’s Egg Blueberry Macaroons – $6.49

1649013956451.jpeg

View attachment 659708View attachment 659709
What's really scary is the FDA says there is literally no amount of "safe" exposure to benzene, so this is really serious and dangerous.

You’re supposed to receive an email invite that lets you know when/how you can register for the various AP Preview Dates once announced. Unfortunately whether you receive that email or not is up to the Disney IT roulette wheel.

Just as an example here’s how that process went for Ratatouille when it went through its AP Previews : Remy AP Preview Registration
Thank you so much! Those articles were extremely helpful and I get what you mean by Disney IT roulette wheel😊. Fingers crossed it works for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter