Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to become a D23 gold member, which costs money. I don't know how soon they are going to send out the emails though. The announcement said "later this week" for more news. I don't know how long it would take for you to be part of that list if you joined ASAP. Maybe it would just work right.
Had a look on the website and says it’s 129 for two

When I won’t be in Disney for many years after this, it might be worth it😕

Last edited:
I might 2 chances to get a ride now. Probably won't get to actually ride twice, but I have more chances of even booking it now. Assuming, it's during my May stay.
Well, it seems as though every new-attraction preview setup has been different, but when Pandora was opening, we were able to book an AP preview one evening followed by a DVC preview the next morning. So maybe you'll get lucky, too!

I tried to put in a different country as I’m from the UK and not USA and never worked. Can any one join this d23 gold club

I thought so, but I don't know for sure. I don't think I know anyone from out of the country that is a D23 gold member. I know that they send a gift every year and a magazine every quarter. They may not want to send that to the UK. Sorry. You could always try to join Club 33;) Not sure that price would be worth a preview ride though.

Well, it seems as though every new-attraction preview setup has been different, but when Pandora was opening, we were able to book an AP preview one evening followed by a DVC preview the next morning. So maybe you'll get lucky, too!

That would be great. However, I would just be happy with even being able to get 1 preview ride.

When I won’t be in Disney for many years after this, it might be worth it😕
As an out-of-towner, I would consider doing that for sure. Could be a memorable vacation experience!
And knowing myself, it'd probably help further delay the desire for another trip. So I'd look at it as a possible money saver.

I can't help but think we're going to get an Encanto attraction announcement at D23. Remember in 2014, they had lots of Frozen pop-up events throughout 2014 (like the Frozen Days at Hollywood Studios that led to Frozen Sing-Along and an ice rink), before they announced Frozen Ever After would be replacing Maelstrom. Pure speculation at the moment but definite signs towards an Encanto attraction
Have there been any articles speculating what/where? Maybe something in Animal Kingdom? A South America section where Dinoland is could be awesome

Have there been any articles speculating what/where? Maybe something in Animal Kingdom? A South America section where Dinoland is could be awesome
Not that I've seen, only Lin Manuel Miranda and Josh Gad claiming they've been campaigning for an Encanto attraction. The only places it could possible be would be in AK replacing Primeval Whirl or adding a Columbia pavilion in Epcot (maybe between Germany and China as they built Harmonius behind that section), but pure speculation

Concept art for new restaurant in Disneyland Paris

In the Disneyland Paris AP holders Facebook Group, Disney has posted new concept art for a restaurant, and the announcement that they have started with the work on building the new Frozen area.

The new restaurant at the new lake
277777812_1762091060789544_7692153546035843043_n.jpg

A builder
277800583_1762091047456212_6815496752166137171_n.jpg

And they reposted the concept art for Arendelle
277752391_1762091057456211_4181422983804873889_n.jpg

My DH jot an email too!! I never get them!
We’ll be there in 2 weeks so probably too early. 😩

I feel that pain, I suspect I'm going to miss the AP previews by about a week as I am only there for the first couple of days of May.

You never know, though!

Disney+ Subscribers: Save Up to 25% on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels

Stay in the magic during the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration with this special offer! Disney+ subscribers can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights July 8 through September 30, 2022. Book online today.

The following discounts are available under the new Disney+ Offer at the following Walt Disney World Resorts:

Save 25% (On select stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Save 20% (On Select Stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

Save 15% (On Select Stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Save 10% (On Select Stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Eligibility
Proof of Disney+ subscription required. Disney+ subscriber with an active subscription must stay in the room.

Book Online or Contact Your Travel Advisor

Valid Travel Dates
Stay most nights July 8 through September 30, 2022

Disney+ Subscribers: Save Up to 25% on Rooms at Select Disney Resort Hotels

Stay in the magic during the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration with this special offer! Disney+ subscribers can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights July 8 through September 30, 2022. Book online today.

The following discounts are available under the new Disney+ Offer at the following Walt Disney World Resorts:

Save 25% (On select stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Save 20% (On Select Stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside

Save 15% (On Select Stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort

Save 10% (On Select Stays July 8 – September 30, 2022)​

• The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Eligibility
Proof of Disney+ subscription required. Disney+ subscriber with an active subscription must stay in the room.

Book Online or Contact Your Travel Advisor

Valid Travel Dates
Stay most nights July 8 through September 30, 2022
Uh, what? OK...this will be really cool if they have something like this for October!

ETA: I'd save like $600 and my kiddos would save even more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter