Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know when APs might happen? I got an email that they were happening but no date yet.

Is there a height requirement for the ride? If so, what is it?
42 inch height restriction

We don't know dates yet. People are speculating mid May, but we don't really know yet.

“We Don’t Talk About Bruno” Projections Coming to “it’s a small world” Facade at Disneyland
For a limited time beginning April 11, 2022, the iconic façade of “it’s a small world” at Disneyland Park becomes enchanted several times each evening with a brief visual montage that pays tribute to Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Encanto” hit song, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”

For a limited time beginning April 11, the iconic façade of “it’s a small world” becomes enchanted several times each evening with a brief visual montage that pays tribute to the movie’s hit song, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.” This musical delight comes to life through projection and lighting effects and an artistic style inspired by the lyrics, with select moments that feature characters from the film. Like the Madrigal family’s Casita, tiles across the “it’s a small world” façade flip, turn, and rearrange themselves as one scene transitions to the next, culminating in a celebratory chorus and a nod to Bruno’s mysterious prophecy about Mirabel.
I can't help but think we're going to get an Encanto attraction announcement at D23. Remember in 2014, they had lots of Frozen pop-up events throughout 2014 (like the Frozen Days at Hollywood Studios that led to Frozen Sing-Along and an ice rink), before they announced Frozen Ever After would be replacing Maelstrom. Pure speculation at the moment but definite signs towards an Encanto attraction

I've just been going through the Major Disney Refurb & Construction Completion Dates thread and noticed I still have: Salt & Straw and Local Green Atlanta opening in March 2022 at Disney Springs. Have they opened and I missed it, or did they miss the opening dates????

I've just been going through the Major Disney Refurb & Construction Completion Dates thread and noticed I still have: Salt & Straw and Local Green Atlanta opening in March 2022 at Disney Springs. Have they opened and I missed it, or did they miss the opening dates????
Salt & Straw missed their planned opening timeframe. Nothing definitive has been announced since.

Last edited:
Local Green appears to be open. Salt & Straw is not open yet.

EDIT: Local Green just a food truck, so it's not as complicated. There are times and a menu listed on the WDW website for today.

Be Our Guest Restaurant Opening One Hour Earlier at Magic Kingdom

The Be Our Guest Restaurant at Magic Kingdom is now opening at 10:00 a.m., one hour earlier than previously.
It is still only serving lunch in the mornings and until 2:55 p.m. The restaurant then switches to dinner until closing at 10:00 p.m.

It is scheduled to open at 10:00 a.m. for the foreseeable future.

I I’m in Disney upto 20th May

Is there any way of us getting on this ride we don’t have AP or DVC or anything

If I join this D23 for 100 dollars would that get us on it or would there be any other way

Last edited:
I might 2 chances to get a ride now. Probably won't get to actually ride twice, but I have more chances of even booking it now. Assuming, it's during my May stay.

I I’m in Disney upto 20th May

Is there any way of us getting on this ride we don’t have AP or DVC or anything

If I join this D23 for 100 dollars would that get us on it or would there be any other way
You would have to become a D23 gold member, which costs money. I don't know how soon they are going to send out the emails though. The announcement said "later this week" for more news. I don't know how long it would take for you to be part of that list if you joined ASAP. Maybe it would just work right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter