Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Shortens Frozen Sing-Along Refurbishment at Hollywood Studios

According to the Disney World website, the Frozen Sing-Along refurbishment will not be as long as previously announced. The new end date for the refurbishment will be September 9th, with the show reopening on September 10th. Previously, the show was scheduled to return on September 17th.

The refurbishment will still begin on August 22nd.

Disney Wonder Mechanical Problems Affect Alaska Sailing

The Disney Wonder is reporting mechanical difficulties and will be cancelling the final port day of her current cruise itinerary.

The ship is currently sailing on an Alaskan inside passage itinerary from Vancouver, British Columbia. The itinerary typically includes three port stops in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan, Alaska. The final port in Ketchikan, scheduled for today, will be cancelled.

Main Street Confectionery Sign Updated to Advertise Mars Candy at Magic Kingdom

The sign outside the Main Street Confectionery has been updated to advertise the Mars candy available inside. The sign hangs above one of the entrance doors.

main-street-confectionery-sign-4-1200x900.jpg

RUMOR: Disney is considering expanding Park Pass reservation system for park hopping at Walt Disney World

According to sources familiar with plans, Disney is considering expanding the Park Pass reservation system at Walt Disney World to include park hopping.

Park Hopping is currently only available from 2pm and does not require a reservation

Currently, park hopping is allowed at 2pm without a reservation, as long as the guest has a valid ticket and a reservation for the first park of the day.

In plans being considered, a guest would be able to make a reservation for secondary parks at other times and not be restricted to 2pm.

The change would allow guests greater flexibility in their trip planning but would further increase the already complicated and frustrating process of securing park reservations before a visit.

Sources also suggest that the ability to make multiple daily Park Pass reservations may be tied to various ticket tiers or sold as an optional upgrade.

Note that Disney has not announced changes to the Park Pass system, and plans frequently change.

I know this is still considered just a rumor but somebody just posted this image of a “glitch” in the Disneyland Reservation System today :

Note the arrival time instructions for today for this guest. This could just be a tech design mistake confusing their arrival time for check in at the resort and not a theme park but still creates a glitch in my WDW Disney brain !
2B7E3386-3190-4F09-9AD4-E71B5985015D.png

Last edited:
It makes me sad that they do this. The show is so beautiful. My husband is Canadian and moved down to Cali two years ago, and when he saw this show in January it made him so homesick that we was crying during it. He told me it was the perfect showcase of his home. I know he’d be really bummed if he went to Epcot during a time when it was closed for a refreshment area.
We always go during Food & Wine, every other year. Therefore, we never see the Canada show. I can’t believe they have no other space available.

MICKEY & MINNIE SIGN TO BE REMOVED FROM WALT DISNEY WORLD

According to Twitter user Bioreconstruct, Walt Disney World is going to remove the Mickey and Minnie welcome signs that sit at the corner of SR 535 and Hotel Plaza Boulevard. This news comes after the resort demolished the Tower of Terror sign that guests saw as they drove onto property.

Bioreconstruct shared the news to Twitter:
“Very wide panorama photo of the Welcome to Walt Disney World signage at Hotel Plaza Blvd and SR 535. Likely to be removed soon. There’s stakes marking upcoming construction nearby. This intersection to have an overpass.”

2D92FABC-6495-422A-AD1C-69140E31445A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter