Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Structures Getting Taller at Journey of Water Inspired by ‘Moana’ in EPCOT

Construction is going vertical on Journey of Water Inspired by “Moana,” a new walkthrough attraction coming soon to EPCOT.

journey of water construction 4

One long structure is now surrounded by vertical supports.

journey of water construction 5

Rockwork covers this cluster of structures.
journey of water construction 1

They are surrounded by scaffolding and partially covered in tarps, but the walkways through them are clear.
journey of water construction 0

Structures Getting Taller at Journey of Water Inspired by ‘Moana’ in EPCOT

Construction is going vertical on Journey of Water Inspired by “Moana,” a new walkthrough attraction coming soon to EPCOT.

journey of water construction 4

One long structure is now surrounded by vertical supports.

journey of water construction 5

Rockwork covers this cluster of structures.
journey of water construction 1

They are surrounded by scaffolding and partially covered in tarps, but the walkways through them are clear.
journey of water construction 0

I wonder what the chances are of this opening before year end...

Not going to lie - the amount of likes this post had surprised me a little bit. I didn't know that a lot of people missed Duffy and his friends in the US parks. They are MASSIVE at Tokyo Disneyland and I wasn't sure if that level of success would be possible at WDW/DL. Still, would be happy to see more of them.
I still have mine that my parents brought back for me from an adults only trip when he first came out (2002ish?). We bought one for my nephew when he was born (2013) and would get him a new costume every trip until they stopped selling them.

I still have mine that my parents brought back for me from an adults only trip when he first came out (2002ish?). We bought one for my nephew when he was born (2013) and would get him a new costume every trip until they stopped selling them.
I like seeing all of the Duffy and co. love around here. I hope at least for everyone that responded that they bring Duffy and his friends back to the US parks. The merch that they get in TDL, Shanghai and Hong Kong is out of this world ADORABLE!

I like seeing all of the Duffy and co. love around here. I hope at least for everyone that responded that they bring Duffy and his friends back to the US parks. The merch that they get in TDL, Shanghai and Hong Kong is out of this world ADORABLE!

Yep, it's time to bring Duffy back to the states. I had no idea of the origins of Duffy until I went to Tokyo, and was surprised at how huge he and his frinds are there - and they are HUGE!

Yep, it's time to bring Duffy back to the states. I had no idea of the origins of Duffy until I went to Tokyo, and was surprised at how huge he and his frinds are there - and they are HUGE!
I knew about the stuffed toy and the meet and greet in Epcot, but in Tokyo it's on a whole other level. They have their own land and a meet and greet that had the longest line in the park when I went. It was a 3 HOUR wait (granted it was the first day of the summer event and Duffy + his friends get special outfits.)

I was about to say that Duffy's time had passed. But then I realized that Duffy never did have a time. Duffy was pushed on US customers based on success in Tokyo but all Duffy got here was a big yawn.

Last edited:
I was about to say that Duffy's time had passed. But then I realized that Duffy never did have a time. Duffy was pushed on to US customers based on success in Tokyo but all Duffy got here was a big yawn.
I read the history of Duffy, and one of the things that made Duffy popular was that when they gave out Princess stuffed animals to the girls, they gave out Duffy stuffed bears to the boys.

In America, at some point Disney started using Pirates as a boy version of Princesses. I think this is why Duffy was never needed. Or maybe they tried? And boys liked Pirates more than Teddy Bears?

I read the history of Duffy, and one of the things that made Duffy popular was that when they gave out Princess stuffed animals to the girls, they gave out Duffy stuffed bears to the boys.

In America, at some point Disney started using Pirates as a boy version of Princesses. I think this is why Duffy was never needed. Or maybe they tried? And boys liked Pirates more than Teddy Bears?

They also didn't do good by not bringing the friends and it was mainly just Duffy and a tiny bit of shellie May.

They also didn't do good by not bringing the friends and it was mainly just Duffy and a tiny bit of shellie May.
I saw the turtle (Olu Mei I think is his name) at the Polynesian gift shop but I don't really see a lot of people buying that merch whenever I'm in that store.

I saw the turtle (Olu Mei I think is his name) at the Polynesian gift shop but I don't really see a lot of people buying that merch whenever I'm in that store.
Yea they started selling the stuff from HI there in late 2020 got a geletoni and Stella lou keychain plush than my sister got me a full sized Olu Mel when she actually went to HI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter