Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come no one has mentioned Seltzerā€™s Lebanon Bologna from Pennsylvania? Iā€™m not from there, but my local grocery store in Texas has it. Itā€™s fabulous! They have Taylor Ham too, but Iā€™m not a fan of ham in any form, unless itā€™s Jamon Iberico.

Walt Disney World Cast Members Now Using ā€˜Friendā€™ & Other Gender Neutral Terms to Promote Inclusivity

Walt Disney World Cast Members are now addressing guests as ā€œfriend,ā€ rather than sir or maā€™am in the latest effort to promote inclusivity.
The neutral ā€œfriendā€ moniker allows Cast Members to address individuals without assuming their gender identity. Similar changes have been made around the resort, such as the switch from ā€œladies and gentlemenā€ to ā€œdreamers of all agesā€ in the pre-fireworks announcements.

How come no one has mentioned Seltzerā€™s Lebanon Bologna from Pennsylvania? Iā€™m not from there, but my local grocery store in Texas has it. Itā€™s fabulous! They have Taylor Ham too, but Iā€™m not a fan of ham in any form, unless itā€™s Jamon Iberico.
Don't worry: "Taylor Ham" is not a ham in any form. It's pork roll. You should give it a try. :rotfl2:

Itā€™s so true. And it hurts. Why this is the ā€œbig 50th showā€ I will never understand.
I have absolutely no proof of this but I will forever believe that Enchantment was a last minute rush job after the pandemic closures when they realized Magic Kingdom would have absolutely nothing new for the 50th. It's such a disjointed lackluster show where even the projections seem down graded from Happily Ever After and the show makes no mention of Disney history.

I have absolutely no proof of this but I will forever believe that Enchantment was a last minute rush job after the pandemic closures when they realized Magic Kingdom would have absolutely nothing new for the 50th. It's such a disjointed lackluster show where even the projections seem down graded from Happily Ever After and the show makes no mention of Disney history.
I agree! And like itā€™s sad because even the song You Are The Magic is pretty good and had the potential to build a really cool show around it and they justā€¦didnā€™t. Such a wasted opportunity.

Walt Disney World Cast Members Now Using ā€˜Friendā€™ & Other Gender Neutral Terms to Promote Inclusivity

Walt Disney World Cast Members are now addressing guests as ā€œfriend,ā€ rather than sir or maā€™am in the latest effort to promote inclusivity.
The neutral ā€œfriendā€ moniker allows Cast Members to address individuals without assuming their gender identity. Similar changes have been made around the resort, such as the switch from ā€œladies and gentlemenā€ to ā€œdreamers of all agesā€ in the pre-fireworks announcements.

I get why people don't like this but I love it. Dont like being called princess which seemed to be the default regardless of your age. To me friend also fits better than ma'am or sir for Disney.

Kind of reminds me of a couple years ago where they sold Mickey ear hats that were supposed to light up in sync with Fantasmic, and maybe some other shows. That didn't seem to catch on either. From what I heard the hats were heavy and included an uncomfortable battery pack and the lights don't really affect your enjoyment of the show because it's on your head, you can't even see it. And if you held it, what are you supposed to do, look down at your hat instead of up at the show? And what are you supposed to do with this MagicBand, look down at your wrist like it's a watch to see it occasionally turn purple?

This is pretty much the path to the Dark Side.

A wise Jedi one said pork roll leads to Lebanon bologna, Lebanon bologna leads to scrapple, scrapple leads to suffering ...

I get why people don't like this but I love it. Dont like being called princess which seemed to be the default regardless of your age. To me friend also fits better than ma'am or sir for Disney.
Today was my first day at WDW. I was called ma'am and princess. Not sure about friend. I will have to pay attention tomorrow. I did have on a pink shirt and my pink Disney Mom MagicBand.

Kind of reminds me of a couple years ago where they sold Mickey ear hats that were supposed to light up in sync with Fantasmic, and maybe some other shows. That didn't seem to catch on either. From what I heard the hats were heavy and included an uncomfortable battery pack and the lights don't really affect your enjoyment of the show because it's on your head, you can't even see it. And if you held it, what are you supposed to do, look down at your hat instead of up at the show? And what are you supposed to do with this MagicBand, look down at your wrist like it's a watch to see it occasionally turn purple?
No, you werenā€™t supposed to look at your OWN hat, but others' hats. Same as the watch, youā€™re supposed to look at others. Same as at a concert when you light your lighter (or use your phone's flashlight led) - you donā€™t look at your own phone, but everyone else's.

The reason you get the light up ears or Magicband+ is to be a participant, and feel part of the crowd of lights. If you donā€™t want to, fine. In a few months, watch the crowds, the lights in the crowds from the watches will be awesome.

55B1A7B4-F8F6-4934-91AC-03B7039E5FFB.gif
F25E1CED-C779-4915-BD4D-DB4520714CDC.gif

Hey guys!! We just arrived in DW last night!! Iā€™ll most likely check in while Iā€™m here, but obviously wonā€™t be able to post the daily news. @HokieRaven5 will be taking over for me and making sure you guys stay up to date with everything Disney!! Iā€™ll be back in a couple weeks and Iā€™ll pick things back up then!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! šŸ„°

Last edited:
View attachment 689332
View attachment 689331

Hey guys!! We just arrived in DW last night!! Iā€™ll most likely check in while Iā€™m here, but obviously wonā€™t be able to post the daily news. @HokieRaven5 will be taking over for me and making sure you guys stay up to date with everything Disney!! Iā€™ll be back in a couple weeks and Iā€™ll pick things back up then!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! šŸ„°
Have a fantastic trip!!!!

View attachment 689332
View attachment 689331

I arrive today for 13 nights!!! I hope you have THE BEST trip, thanks for all you do!!!

View attachment 689332
View attachment 689331

Hey guys!! We just arrived in DW last night!! Iā€™ll most likely check in while Iā€™m here, but obviouslyJ8 wonā€™t be able to post the daily news. @HokieRaven5 will be taking over for me and making sure you guys stay up to date with everything Disney!! Iā€™ll be back in a couple weeks and Iā€™ll pick things back up then!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! šŸ„°
Have a fabulous time!!! :stitch::tigger::simba::figment:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter