Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Select Character Sightings Move to Genie+ January 26th

Select Walt Disney World character sightings have now been added to Genie+ as a Lightning Lane option. The included character experiences are:
  • Cinderella and a visiting princess at Magic Kingdom’s Fairytale Hall
  • Tiana and a visiting princess at Fairytale Hall (this will be separate from Cinderella so guests will need to book 2 Lightning Lanes)
  • Mickey Mouse at Magic Kingdom’s Town Square Theatre
  • Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:
Select Character Sightings Move to Genie+ January 26th

Select Walt Disney World character sightings have now been added to Genie+ as a Lightning Lane option. The included character experiences are:
  • Cinderella and a visiting princess at Magic Kingdom’s Fairytale Hall
  • Tiana and a visiting princess at Fairytale Hall (this will be separate from Cinderella so guests will need to book 2 Lightning Lanes)
  • Mickey Mouse at Magic Kingdom’s Town Square Theatre
  • Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
I wonder/hope if this isn't a hint towards autographs coming back because we just got back last week and the parks were SO BUSY that our Genie+ did nothing for us, so we ended up "meeting" a lot of these characters and despite the time of day, we were usually the ONLY family in line. It seemed very much that people weren't wanting to meet characters without autographs, hugs, and photo pass people. We got nearly 20 minutes with Mickey and our 4 month old because no one ever entered the line after us. It seems like they're trying to bulk up Genie+ to make it feel "worth it". Yes i know many people have mastered this and felt it was great but the 2 days we tried it, during a busy week (which is essentially the time most people would benefit from it?) and by the time we got on at 7 am there were VERY little rides to pick from and throughout the day the rides we did have available weren't rides. EG_ frozen ever after show in HS was one of our only selections (aside from star tours which had a 5 min wait).

Do people actually make reservations two years in advance?
Some people on the Resorts board are eager to make resort reservations when they can, as early as 499 days before checkin. I gather from the Ft. Wilderness Campground board that some campsites book up that early, too. So I guess if they'll reserve a place to stay that early, they'll reserve their parks early too - especially for holidays when the parks have sometimes filled months or weeks in advance. BTW when we first started visiting WDW in the mid-1990s, people could and did book Hoop-De-Doo up to 24 months in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter