Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even More Extended Park Hours for Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom

Magic Kingdom
  • January 23, 27: Park hours extended 9am to 9pm (previously 9am to 8pm)
  • January 24, 28-29: Park hours extended 9am to 10pm (previously 9am to 8pm)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • January 23, 29: Park hours extended 8am to 8pm (previously 9am to 7pm)
  • January 25: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 9am to 7pm)

I hope this means that they’ll bring AP sales back 😭 I put off upgrading to APs at the advice of our TA. And I’m still so crushed that I didn’t do it when we had the chance. Now I’m keeping my fingers crossed for them to bring it back before our trip in 3 weeks.
We need some dancing for those APs!
Sending pixie dust you get your AP before your trip....

Savi’s Workshop Custom Lightsabers No Longer Include “Complimentary” Sleeve, Guests Told to Purchase for $50 or Use Plastic Bag

The change, we’re told, is due to supply issues, but guests that we spoke with (and overheard yelling) are clearly not happy. It is reportedly not communicated to guests that they will not be given a carrying sleeve either before the experience, at check-in, or at the end of the experience. Cast Members are simply staying silent. Silent, that is, unless guests ask for a sleeve. At that point, Cast Members either provide a clear plastic bag, or inform guests that they can purchase a sleeve at Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities for $50.

2C752F13-B60B-40C8-AC97-B8AEEDB8BD7B.jpeg

Savi’s Workshop Custom Lightsabers No Longer Include “Complimentary” Sleeve, Guests Told to Purchase for $50 or Use Plastic Bag

The change, we’re told, is due to supply issues, but guests that we spoke with (and overheard yelling) are clearly not happy. It is reportedly not communicated to guests that they will not be given a carrying sleeve either before the experience, at check-in, or at the end of the experience. Cast Members are simply staying silent. Silent, that is, unless guests ask for a sleeve. At that point, Cast Members either provide a clear plastic bag, or inform guests that they can purchase a sleeve at Dok Ondar’s Den of Antiquities for $50.

View attachment 636814

if it’s a supply issue they should be discounting guests their purchase.If they’re having such “supply issues” why are they still selling them for 50 bucks on the side?

I’m hopeful Lightyear gets a theatrical release… but yeah, not a good streak for Pixar films lately.

Oh my, Lightyear looks SO GOOD - it's definitely theater worthy. I just don't get why they keep pulling this. This one was already dated for tehaters too, and now has been pulled. I don't like to take side between studios and exhibition, but that's poor form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter