Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney: Traditional Meet and Greets Will Return “Soon” to Theme Parks

In a conference this afternoon, Disney CFO Christine McCarthy talked about various portions of The Walt Disney Company business units. When talking about the state of the theme parks, McCarthy talked about experiences that were still not quite back up to pre-pandemic expectations. McCarthy noted that Disney has announced the return of various elements such as nighttime entertainment and daytime parades, but she also tipped Disney’s hand that traditional meet and greets will be returning “soon”.

Of course, she stopped short of offering an exact timeframe, but Disneyland Paris recently allowed hugging and high-fives with their character interactions, so it would make sense that Disneyland and Disney World won’t be far behind.
I'm packing for my trip now and I'm torn on whether to take the kids autograph books!

In a conference this afternoon, Disney CFO Christine McCarthy talked about various portions of The Walt Disney Company business units. When talking about the state of the theme parks, McCarthy talked about experiences that were still not quite back up to pre-pandemic expectations. McCarthy noted that Disney has announced the return of various elements such as nighttime entertainment and daytime parades, but she also tipped Disney’s hand that traditional meet and greets will be returning “soon”.

Of course, she stopped short of offering an exact timeframe, but Disneyland Paris recently allowed hugging and high-fives with their character interactions, so it would make sense that Disneyland and Disney World won’t be far behind.
oh i hope its before the end of April!! i really wanna hug and high five Vanellope <3

My two year old doesn't remember touching characters (he was 5 months old when the world shut down :sad:) but the more obsessed he gets with Mickey, the more he wants to get up close to him. Yesterday, he was leaning over the ropes trying to give him a high five. Just kills me!

It's time. Actually, it's beyond time for those "faceless" characters.

Please, let soon be by the end of April...

I might sneak them in. I don't want the kids to see them because I don't want their hopes up.
Hide them in something boring your kids won't bother looking in! Maybe a your pillowcase if you are one of those people (like me) who travels with their pillow

I’m hoping soon means the possibility of characters at the expo and/or at the start/finish of springtime surprise

Rotten Tomatoes: Turning Red Reviews

Currently trending at 93% ... Disney really should have released this theatrically :(

Why? I think it would do poorly. As a parent, we're still not comfortable to go to the movies with our children.

Not just covid, but my kids have gotten so used to watching movies in their favorite chairs with their favorite blankets at home with home-made popcorn and ability to pause/rewind. And it's $50 or more cheaper. I'd like to keep this around for a while until we 'must' go in person to see the next Paw Patrol or whatever.

Why? I think it would do poorly. As a parent, we're still not comfortable to go to the movies with our children.

Not just covid, but my kids have gotten so used to watching movies in their favorite chairs with their favorite blankets at home with home-made popcorn and ability to pause/rewind. And it's $50 or more cheaper. I'd like to keep this around for a while until we 'must' go in person to see the next Paw Patrol or whatever.

What I'd like to see them do is do a dual release, maybe theaters for the first month, then over to streaming. I'm just finally getting comfortable with the idea of going to the theater again. Nothing like seeing a movie on the big screen.

What I'd like to see them do is do a dual release, maybe theaters for the first month, then over to streaming. I'm just finally getting comfortable with the idea of going to the theater again. Nothing like seeing a movie on the big screen.

That's what I'd like to see ... at least a few weeks in the theater. Around my area theaters were packed for Spider-Man and now The Batman. I can't argue that ticket prices are getting ridiculous but I still enjoyed seeing Spider-Man in a packed theater with Dolby Cinema format. I have 65" screen at home with Dolby Atmos but i still enjoy the social aspect for film going a few times a year.

I also look at all the hard work the teams put into these films like Turning Red and find it disappointing when it gets shoveled onto streaming immediately, instead of presented in a theater at least for a few weeks.

This is probably highly regional, but I went to the movies last weekend and I don't think I saw the theater that packed before the pandemic. Got there 30 min early and had to buy the theater's VIP pass because we weren't going to get through the ticket line otherwise. Your sentiment may be exactly right for your family, but I think the majority opinion is quickly shifting away from this.

My question on the whole thing is why have Disney Studios films been getting theatrical releases for several movies now but Pixar isn't? It seems so arbitrary.

This is probably highly regional, but I went to the movies last weekend and I don't think I saw the theater that packed before the pandemic.

It might be regional. We still have snow on the ground and temperatures in the 20s. Maybe when spring hits and people start enjoying the outdoors again this whole covid thing will be a distant memory. Mask mandates are gone here in NY, but masks are still required in some places - like Hawaii of all things!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter