Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney World Possibly Preparing For Return of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at EPCOT

It looks like Disney World could be preparing for the return of the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at EPCOT. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall has been closed since March 2020 and Cast Members in the area have indicated that one of the major things that Disney was waiting on before bringing the dining option back was the return of the Cultural Representative Program (aka staffing). In August, the first wave of Cultural Representatives returned to World Showcase, reportedly one of the major hurdles of reopening some of the still-closed dining options at EPCOT.

In addition to the return of Cultural Representatives, Disney World has recently made a host of changes to the online menus for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, including changes to some of the pricing, removing some options, and adding some drinks – possibly preparing for the reopening of the location.
I was wondering what was holding this one up from reopening. One of our favorite character meals.

Tiana MagicBand+ Hits New High Price Point of $60

The Tiana MagicBand+ is now available on shopDisney and it’s listed at a brand new price point that is the highest we’ve seen yet for a MagicBand+. Despite being initially listed at $44.99 in the theme parks, the Tiana MagicBand+ is listed at $59.99 on shopDisney, a new high for the wearable device.

Tiana MagicBand+ Princess and the Frog – $59.99​

Disney World Possibly Preparing For Return of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at EPCOT

It looks like Disney World could be preparing for the return of the Akershus Royal Banquet Hall at EPCOT. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall has been closed since March 2020 and Cast Members in the area have indicated that one of the major things that Disney was waiting on before bringing the dining option back was the return of the Cultural Representative Program (aka staffing). In August, the first wave of Cultural Representatives returned to World Showcase, reportedly one of the major hurdles of reopening some of the still-closed dining options at EPCOT.

In addition to the return of Cultural Representatives, Disney World has recently made a host of changes to the online menus for Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, including changes to some of the pricing, removing some options, and adding some drinks – possibly preparing for the reopening of the location.
Prix fiex meal calling it now

NEW Menu Items Coming to Paddlefish at Disney Springs

The new items include a Shrimp Po’ Boy Sandwich(made with crispy shrimp, crab remoulade, lettuce, tomatoes, and a pickle) and a Muffuletta (made with mortadella, salami, ham, provolone, asiago, and an olive salad, served on a baguette) for lunch. There’s also Etouffee (made with crawfish, shrimp, and Basmati rice), which will be on the dinner menu.

This is insane to me.

The ride is great. I would NEVER pay $25/person for it. It's literally not even close to that great
We rode ROTR in an after hours special group event so no lines at all and both said if we had paid to ride or waited over 10 minutes we would have been really passed, lol. Were not impressed...at all

I just made a MK reservation for the 7th. Maybe I should rethink that...

I'm surprised HS hasn't sold yet for Jersey or Thanksgiving week yet ... I've currently got MK reserved for 11/8, 11/11 and 11/16. 11/11 is Veteran's Day and falls on a Friday yet it's not sold out?

The 7th and 9th are non party days. There will be parties on 11/8, 11/10 and 11/11 so that makes sense. We will be there 11/7 in the evening with stacked G+ (if all works well) and won’t be watching fireworks since we will watch them a few days before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter