Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I was 15 almost 16 when RotJ released. My mom dropped me and my younger brother off around 7AM so I could wait in line for tickets for us. We had to sit in the first row, but I didn't care.

That Christmas, I asked for an Ewok plushie which I didn't get as I was "too old" for such things.

Christmas 2017, we were in WDW mid-December and DH found an Ewok plushie at the Contemporary via the app and bought it for me. I'm still smiling.

I would love to see the original original trilogy. Alas, that won't happen except on VHS or YouTube. Will probably try to see these though, since our son has never seen them in a theater. We are old enough to have seen the first release and then the re-release before the prequels in the theater.

I'm old enough to have seen the original in the drive-in! That's where I first saw it!

‘Rogers: The Musical’ to Premiere June 30 for a Limited Time at Disney California Adventure Park

In the first episode of the Disney+ series, “Hawkeye,” fans were treated to an exciting Broadway musical theater sequence featuring the life of Steve Rogers, Captain America. Since then, the fictional “Rogers: The Musical” has been captivating Super Hero fans far and wide, so much so that Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios, treated guests at the D23 Expo last September to a popup version of the musical’s show-stopping number, “Save the City,” based on the battle of New York from the first Avengers film. We’ve been stanning ever since and dreaming of seeing this musical come to life!

Following this teaser recently shared across various social channels, I’m elated to officially announce that a real-life, all-new short one-act musical theater production of “Rogers: The Musical” will burst onto the stage at the Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure park for a limited-time engagement beginning June 30, 2023. It’s all happening during the Disney100 celebration at Disneyland Resort.

‘Rogers: The Musical’ coming to at Disney California Adventure Park

This production features a talented cast of singers and dancers telling the story of Steve Rogers – Captain America – joined by Peggy Carter, Nick Fury and select members of the Avengers. The musical will take the audience on a journey from Steve’s humble beginnings during World War II to becoming Captain America, leading the Avengers and beyond. It’s a classic tale of heroes, time travel, and romance, oh … and Nick Fury sings!

The show will be super powered by music, including “Save the City,” from the Disney+ series “Hawkeye”; “Star Spangled Man” from the film “Captain America: The First Avenger”; plus, five new original songs written just for “Rogers: The Musical” at the Disneyland Resort.

“Rogers: The Musical” will run approximately 30 minutes, from Tuesday through Saturday most weeks. Additional details including show dates and times, plus news about the merchandise and food and beverage offerings themed to “Rogers: The Musical” will be shared as opening day gets closer. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog and @disneyland social for more!

Unique Characters Coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Starting This Weekend for Earth Week

Mickey, Minnie and Scrooge McDuck are just some of the Disney Characters to be found on flotillas along the Discovery River in Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park. Plus, from April 16 through 23, there will be unique Character appearances on the Discovery River Character Cruise—so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for these and additional Character experiences and sightings.

An independent theater in a town close to me shows two of the first six movies each year along with a little mini-convention (one OT and one PT) . They did the original three its first year and the prequels the second year, and now it’s just a random draw. It’s fabulous. We always get super-hyped when they choose Attack of the Clones so we get the seismic charge on the big screen!
So jealous!!! We just love going to the old movies, some of which we never saw on big screen. The best for me was Wizard of Oz. First time on big screen was at Disney Springs. If it's showing, I'm going.

We've done lots like ET, Goonies, Gremlins ... I wish we'd get more around here. Going to try to get to Flashdance. I went when it came out, in Manhattan, NYC. My first movie there. I was shocked at end when audience stood up and gave an ovation. I'd never seen anything like that. More common as time has gone on but a night I'll never forget.

All the Star Wars would be awsome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter