Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I have noticed in DHS the dragon no longer spits out the fire starter. But maybe it was just the few times if seen it.

NEW: In an updated statement, Disneyland says the cause of the Fantasmic dragon fire remains under investigation.

Officials also said similar fire effects used during select Disney shows and experiences globally will be temporarily suspended “out of an abundance of caution.”

View attachment 755512

Scott Gustin
NEW: Walt Disney World says the only impact will be the temporary suspension of fire effects on the Maleficent float in the Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom. There are no planned temporary changes to Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios as a result of the incident.

NEW: Walt Disney World says the only impact will be the temporary suspension of fire effects on the Maleficent float in the Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom. There are no planned temporary changes to Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios as a result of the incident.
So do y’all think it sounds like maleficent will still be there but just won’t blow fire?

The unsurprising follow up to Disneyland’s Burning Man presentation from last night:

Performances of Fantasmic Canceled for Next Few Days at Disneyland Following Maleficent Fire

Following a malfunction and engulfing fire last night of the Maleficent dragon figure, Disneyland has removed performances of Fantasmic through Thursday, April 27th. Performances are currently set to resume Friday, April 28th, but its possible that Disney could cancel more performances should its investigation of the incident require more time.

I was thinking more of the Wicker Man🤣

Good Morning?

2134654181-monday_60.gif

Lighthouse Point: Construction Update – April 2023

Contractors have reached a significant milestone at Disney Cruise Lines’s private port development, 50% of the trestle pier has been completed. Additionally, the self sustainable utility grid, and the various buildings are on track to finish as scheduled according to Joey Gaskins, Disney Cruise LIne’s Regional Public Affairs Director for The Bahamas and Caribbean.

During the session, it was revealed that Disney Cruise Line built a tree nursery in order to relocate and replant indigenous trees instead of removing them altogether in an effort to preserve the environment. Just under 7,000 protected species have been harvested form the development area and moved to the nursery.

In accordance with the Heads of Agreement, Disney is maintaining an 80/20 Bahamian to foreign workforce as the number of employees onsite has recently tripled. This comes at a time when it has been difficult to find much of the labor necessary locally for certain aspects of the project.

In an effort to teach the necessary skills and employ even more locals at Lighthouse Point, Disney helped bring a Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute campus to Eleuthera.

Lighthouse Point is scheduled to welcome cruise passengers beginning in June 2024

It will depend on the conditions inside of the capsile, but if there was no moisture it's pretty possible. Now, finding a computer with the drive to read them might be an issue.
I'm pretty sure I still have an external 3.5" floppy drive around here somewhere. Those aren't that hard to find. But magnetic disks degrade over time. Bits flip and create errors. In 1998 I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have put parity files on there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter