Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I see that multiple sites are saying that has Disney confirmed that or is it just speculation for now?
There is only 1 snack listed for the plans. I would take that as confirmation since it says "1 snack credit".

The dessert could just be an omission but it's not listed under the benefits either.

There is only 1 snack listed for the plans. I would take that as confirmation since it says "1 snack credit".

The dessert could just be an omission but it's not listed under the benefits either.
I see it's on their website now. Thanks for the info!

I know everyone is excited by the DDP, but what do we think the elimination of park reservations will mean for park hopping restrictions? I've always loved the flexibility of TRUE park-hopping and being free of that 2pm rule is actually my number one priority.
Same here. I would do literally anything for no restrictions on park hopping, 1 hour early entry for resort guests instead of 30 minutes and package delivery to your hotel room.

Last edited:
Same here. I would do literally anything for no restrictions on park hopping, 1 hour early entry for resort guests instead of 30 minutes and package delivery to your hotel room.

This would all be ideal. I actually do like the 30 minutes at all parks every day, but an hour would be better. I'd give up any chance of evening hours for that - if it was always at every park. Park Hopping restriction needs to go - preferably before TOMORROW! 🤣

i'm one that loved the dining plan for the convenience, but now it would be such a huge waste for my hubby and i. we both had gastric sleeve surgery in 2021 and now we share most of our meals at disney and rarely do sit down restaurants anymore. now if they did it where not everyone on the reservation had to get it, i might consider the quick service plan, but i don't see that happening anywhere in the future

This would all be ideal. I actually do like the 30 minutes at all parks every day, but an hour would be better. I'd give up any chance of evening hours for that - if it was always at every park. Park Hopping restriction needs to go - preferably before TOMORROW! 🤣
After doing 1 hour early park admission at Universal, the 30 minutes just feel so useless now. You can get A LOT done in that hour vs. the 30 minutes. I think it is a staffing issue as to why it's 30 minutes and not an hour. The park hopping restriction is terrible. If I was CEO of Disney that would be the first thing I would've gotten rid of.

Same! We leave the end of the week and it would be a dream come true to be able to hop freely. At this point I don't really think there's much hope for our December trip either, with all the changes seeming to start January '24.

Definitely agree that they need to drop 2pm park hopping. I would prefer this over all other things. I’m guessing they use it to determine how many staff members they need per park at the start of the day. But it really takes away some of the magic of our vacations. I love being able to spend 2hrs at one park, then move over to another for something new. Being restricted to one park for the first 5-6hrs of the day really stinks and makes park planning more difficult. If I want to do a character breakfast at Epcot, I better plan on just making that an Epcot day. I just hate it so much for so many reasons.

After doing 1 hour early park admission at Universal, the 30 minutes just feel so useless now. You can get A LOT done in that hour vs. the 30 minutes. I think it is a staffing issue as to why it's 30 minutes and not an hour. The park hopping restriction is terrible. If I was CEO of Disney that would be the first thing I would've gotten rid of.

I think it has to go eventually - I'm a die-hard hopper and it's even got me questioning whether hoppers are worth it at this point. I imagine there are a lot of people skipping them these days. For me it was never actually the need to do more than one park in one day, but it was about the flexibility they offered. The restrictions have changed so much in the way we "do" Disney, even down to where we stay. Beach Club/Boardwalk used to be our favorite resorts because we could just easily pop over to Epcot for breakfast, or for a snack mid-day, without committing to being there until 2pm. We liked being able to walk through Epcot to pick up the Monorail to MK. Without all of that, we don't stay at those resorts anymore.

I think it has to go eventually - I'm a die-hard hopper and it's even got me questioning whether hoppers are worth it at this point. I imagine there are a lot of people skipping them these days. For me it was never actually the need to do more than one park in one day, but it was about the flexibility they offered. The restrictions have changed so much in the way we "do" Disney, even down to where we stay. Beach Club/Boardwalk used to be our favorite resorts because we could just easily pop over to Epcot for breakfast, or for a snack mid-day, without committing to being there until 2pm. We liked being able to walk through Epcot to pick up the Monorail to MK. Without all of that, we don't stay at those resorts anymore.
Last May I went with a friend who had not been to WDW since the end of paper Fastpass/beginning of Fastpass+. She didn't get a park hopper ticket because of the restrictions.

Not WDW but the park hopping restriction is especially bad at Disneyland. Park hoppers are required there IMO and the restriction ruins it in terms of value.

Not WDW but the park hopping restriction is especially bad at Disneyland. Park hoppers are required there IMO and the restriction ruins it in terms of value.

I don't know, the 11am hop isn't nearly as bad as 2pm. You only have to stay in your starting park for a few hours and you can still do lunch in either park. If WDW moved it up to 11am, I think that would satisfy a lot of folks.

I don't know, the 11am hop isn't nearly as bad as 2pm. You only have to stay in your starting park for a few hours and you can still do lunch in either park. If WDW moved it up to 11am, I think that would satisfy a lot of folks.

Yeah, I would rarely hop before 11 anyway, but it is good for lunch. Of course, if at that point is it even necessary to put a time on it. I will say that if it were at least noon, I'd probably have a more aggressive park plan for my two-day trip, but since it's two, I'm keeping it simple.

I know everyone is excited by the DDP, but what do we think the elimination of park reservations will mean for park hopping restrictions? I've always loved the flexibility of TRUE park-hopping and being free of that 2pm rule is actually my number one priority.
I think the 2pm thing will stay. Park reservations are still active for AP holders. TBH reservations are still kind of there. When buying tickets you still have to pick your dates.

Last May I went with a friend who had not been to WDW since the end of paper Fastpass/beginning of Fastpass+. She didn't get a park hopper ticket because of the restrictions.

I would rather it not be there at all but 11 am is certainly better.
I use to get to the parks, see which one had a longer line to enter (usually Disneyland) and then pick the other to start my day. Or, I'd start at Disneyland and it would start to get too crowded for me so I'd head over to DCA. Even on a busy day DCA is more comfortable since it has wider pathways. I really, really hate the whole parking hopping time restriction. At both WDW & DLR. :(

I use to get to the parks, see which one had a longer line to enter (usually Disneyland) and then pick the other to start my day. Or, I'd start at Disneyland and it would start to get too crowded for me so I'd head over to DCA. Even on a busy day DCA is more comfortable since it has wider pathways. I really, really hate the whole parking hopping time restriction. At both WDW & DLR. :(

Oh yeah - it's WAY worse at DLR (though at least it's 1 PM there). I always just treated DL and CA as one big park!

I've stopped recommending Park Hoppers to my clients unless they really want them. It's usually not worth the hassle. For APs the combination of reservations and hopping restrictions really kills a lot of the flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter