Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

What if we fixed the Fast Pass problem where passes were all taken before arrival, only to then bring it back but keep the $30 charge....
They are experts at this. Extra magic hrs? Nah, let's take it, bring it back "enhanced" and charge an obscene amount of money and convince them they're "lucky" to have the opportunity to purchase it. They are good.

Same here but the system is deeply glitchy about this tbh, especially if you have a mixed party of AP and non-AP. After I upgraded my 10 day hopper to an Incredipass I went to cancel all our park reservations and rebook them out of an abundance of caution because I saw reports of people’s reservations getting wiped out after tapping in post upgrade. The thing is when I went to rebook, even though I specifically used the link for APs with resort reservations it was still acting like I had no resort stay and was only letting me make 5 plus whatever bonus ones were avaliable. My gf was fine, meanwhile, with just her hopper. I had to call to get it straightened out.
It's terribly glitchy. I once cancelled and rescheduled several days worth of reservations and found myself with 2 reservations for each day.

Thought that first VQ for Rise everyone had to be in the park and it opened up at park opening?

I know it eventually switched to a 7am because it got crazy in the parks.
That was insane! We were there in January 2020 and I want to say it was around 5:30 am people were arriving at DHS since you had to tap in (whatever time it was, we were some of them!) It was packed trying to get in for a BG. And I remember having to delete any family and friends who were not on the trip since you had to scroll through and click only those were who going to ride. So stressful, lol.

I'm assuming they did away with one snack or both in exchange for the refillable mug.

Tickets are already date specific though.
There’s a few instances of tickets that aren’t date specific: Military Salute or any tickets sold through Military Installations, Castmember complimentary tickets, and if you still happen to have any there are still non-expiring tickets out there (I still have 3 days left on one from years ago).

That was insane! We were there in January 2020 and I want to say it was around 5:30 am people were arriving at DHS since you had to tap in (whatever time it was, we were some of them!) It was packed trying to get in for a BG. And I remember having to delete any family and friends who were not on the trip since you had to scroll through and click only those were who going to ride. So stressful, lol.
Yeah none of that sounded enjoyable for guests and CMs alike. Glad they made the changes they did to the VQ system after all of that fiasco!

Yeah none of that sounded enjoyable for guests and CMs alike. Glad they made the changes they did to the VQ system after all of that fiasco!
Right?!?!
I know we went back that summer of 2020 ($29 flights, who could resist?? lol) and I think it was still before the changes. In 2021, we were staying offsite and pretty sure picked up a BG group from the house.

Now VQ works pretty great (at least in 2022 it seemed to).

Growing pains 😁

Bingo! I think it will be something that lets you pick times better too and ahead of the day, but there will be a higher charge than G+ currently.

FP and FP+ used to be free. Create G+ and charge a fee. Take away pre-purchase of G+ (to daily) and continue to raise the variable price. Now we're probably going back to a system similar to the 'free' FP+ system for even more $$$ on top of that. I think I've been slow boiled enough by now ... and probably too jaded

Park Reservations going away? Yes, please!

Best of the news ... but as others have mentioned, Disney may be able to substitute crowd and park flow by controlling whatever Genie booking system they're cooking up.

Bingo! I think it will be something that lets you pick times better too and ahead of the day, but there will be a higher charge than G+ currently.
I don't think it will be that drastic. My guess is they let you book your first LL the day before and still no picking your time.

Personally I wish they would scrap it completely and go with an Express pass system but not give it free.

It’s really dumb that APs will still have to reserve a park!
So I will still have to make a park reservation with my Incredipass (which implies that they are continuing to artificially limit the number of passholders allotted for the day) and still can't park hop until 2pm. I'm curious to know if it's still a situation where a walk up guest who buys a ticket for the day can get in while the annual passholders could be blocked out if the passholder threshold is reached. You, know, that lawsuit thing.
And what's with the double-secret-probation Good To Go days? Ye gods, just show us some love and make our no-blockout-unrestricted-park-hopping-passes, no-block-out-no-restricted-park-hopping-passes again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter