• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to rank the Disney era Star Wars it would be:

1. Rise of Skywalker
2. Rogue One
3. Solo
4. The Last Jedi
5. The Force Awakens

Really, 2 & 3 are almost interchangeable, and maybe even 4 & 5. I liked a lot of ideas in The Last Jedi but it didn't come together as well as TFA, but TFA didn't really have ideas to speak of, it's just slick and fun. I like both of them a lot really, but I believe the others were much better. I am one of the crazy ones, but I think Ep. IX is one of the best period.

Watched the Mouseketeers in Disney World tonight. Seeing the old attractions was amazing. Downtown Disney was also a shocker. Hard to remember that area without even the Pleasure Island aspect. The old commercials were awesome!

If I had to rank the Disney era Star Wars it would be:

1. Rise of Skywalker
2. Rogue One
3. Solo
4. The Last Jedi
5. The Force Awakens

Really, 2 & 3 are almost interchangeable, and maybe even 4 & 5. I liked a lot of ideas in The Last Jedi but it didn't come together as well as TFA, but TFA didn't really have ideas to speak of, it's just slick and fun. I like both of them a lot really, but I believe the others were much better. I am one of the crazy ones, but I think Ep. IX is one of the best period.

I love all 11 Star Wars films, and many of them are interchangeable. My top 4 are Empire, Hope, Solo, RotJ. After that, Rogue One, Sith, and TFA.

I love all 11 Star Wars films, and many of them are interchangeable. My top 4 are Empire, Hope, Solo, RotJ. After that, Rogue One, Sith, and TFA.

Yeah, it's always so hard to rank them. My top are actual interchangeable between Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace. Yeah, I like the cartoony ones - so what? I like cartoons!

If they do the Crimson Dawn series that has been rumored, they could pay that story off

feels like it just fits in within what was shown with him in Clone Wars and Rebels - including the appearance of Dryden Vos in the latest episodes of Cone Wars. So more than it being the launching point for something I thought it was just another piece to the puzzle

Watched the Mouseketeers in Disney World tonight. Seeing the old attractions was amazing. Downtown Disney was also a shocker. Hard to remember that area without even the Pleasure Island aspect. The old commercials were awesome!
I watched it too, to see how much I remembered. I was actually amazed at how little they showed of the attractions, considering it was only the MK and River Country... with no EPCOT or anything else, you'd think they'd show more of what was there. Even their trip to Ft Wilderness didn't really show anything. And they hardly showed the Poly at all.

I can't believe the skyway gondolas were so wide open...to falling out! :oops:

I had such a crush on Kelly and Lisa back then. And I can see why; they were definitely the cutest.

I don't recall seeing them at Downtown Disney. Are you referring to the "shopping" segment? I think that was just shops in the Contemporary and Poly. I don't think DD existed in 1977.

Last edited:

I watched it too, to see how much I remembered. I was actually amazed at how little they showed of the attractions, considering it was only the MK and River Country... with no EPCOT or anything else, you'd think they'd show more of what was there. Even their trip to Ft Wilderness didn't really show anything. And they hardly showed the Poly at all.

I can't believe the skyway gondolas were so wide open...to falling out! :oops:

I had such a crush on Kelley and Lisa back then. And I can see why; they were definitely the cutest.

I don't recall seeing them at Downtown Disney. Are you referring to the "shopping" segment? I think that was just shops in the Contemporary and Poly. I don't think DD existed in 1977.

There was the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village in 1975 and Walt Disney World Vilage in 1977, with Pleasure Island added in 1986. It became Disney Village Marketplace in 1989 and then Downtown Disney in 1997.

I don't remember any of that - it's all from Wikipedia. I do remember being at the visitor's center in abotu 1993 or so, and I think that was in the Village near Pleasure Island, but not expressly the same location. I am not sure of the exact geography.

There was the Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village in 1975 and Walt Disney World Vilage in 1977, with Pleasure Island added in 1986. It became Disney Village Marketplace in 1989 and then Downtown Disney in 1997.

I don't remember any of that - it's all from Wikipedia. I do remember being at the visitor's center in abotu 1993 or so, and I think that was in the Village near Pleasure Island, but not expressly the same location. I am not sure of the exact geography.
We stayed many times between the mid 80s and 2000 at the Embassy Suites just outside what I always knew as Buena Vista Village. It was great for a family because you could walk to the shopping area and catch the buses from there if the resort buses weren't going at good times. For New Year's 2000, the last time we stayed there, we left EPCOT at about 1:30 a.m. on Jan 1. The resort bus had just left and the next one wasn't due for an hour. Given the traffic, it ended up being 3 hours. How do I know? Half our party stayed to wait, the rest of us took a bus to Disney Springs and hoofed it back. Less than an hour. We were in bed by 3 a.m. The rest of us got to the hotel closer to 5 a.m.

Overall, I liked staying in that area. Not as much as our many trips to The Fort throughout the 80s, but it was a good alternative when Dad didn't feel like driving down from NJ. Once onsite hotels got the fastpass slots I started staying onsite again, but I wonder with the Good Neighbor hotels getting fastpass slots if it wouldn't make sense to go back to that area again.

Of course, with the kids and motorhome it's a dead issue. We love The Fort and it is always our destination these days for Disney.

Yeah in the show you could see the riverboat restaurant and some of the older store fronts like the Christmas store that are still standing today.

I hope they do stick strongly to that release date. At this point it really needs to just come out, and if they aren't (or can't) do a digital release for it they need to just get it out in theatres so they can have something new out and the film can finally be seen. It can play at drive ins at the least and then get out on blu ray sooner. It's already not expected to be a huge box office hit so don't think being limited to drive ins will be a huge loss for it. Probably make most of their money on it from video sales anyway.

I hope they do stick strongly to that release date. At this point it really needs to just come out, and if they aren't (or can't) do a digital release for it they need to just get it out in theatres so they can have something new out and the film can finally be seen. It can play at drive ins at the least and then get out on blu ray sooner. It's already not expected to be a huge box office hit so don't think being limited to drive ins will be a huge loss for it. Probably make most of their money on it from video sales anyway.

Its not projected to make MCU money, but the panel had almost 200k views yesterday. People are far more intrigued about this movie than they were when it was originally supposed to release. Between the memes of delay, and the great footage, people want to see the movie. There are only currently around 250 drive in theaters in the US, there will be a little over 500 when Walmart converts their parking lots into drive-ins in August. Every movie that has cracked 100M domestically in an opening weekend has opened to 3,000 or more screens. Not that New Mutants would, or even needs to make 100M opening weekend, but having 1/6th of the screens to play the movie in, if they open up to the entire slate of drive in’s and the inability to show more than 2-3 screenings of the movie per day, per theater compared to the 4-5 at physical movie theaters, it just wouldn’t be a financial gain to show it at drive ins. As I’ve said before, if bars and restaurants are open, there’s no reason Movie Theaters cant be

I remember ALL of that. Yes, I'm old. :laughing:

Overall I am really liking Disney +. A couple beefs I have is they need to have a clear, section on the site of what is coming and when. A coming attractions area on the site. You shouldn't have to search around the net to see whats coming. Also I wish they would add more legacy content. Other than that I love it. Oh one other thing when they do get new shows on every Friday they have a bar that says new to Disney +. But it is only some of the shows not all of the shows that were added. Just weird.

Last edited:
I still don't find it as easy to navigate as say Netflix in terms of the interface goes. I'm not on it all the time though.

And I still hate that unless you go back to the main show page and go into the episodes (say for Mandalorian), if you click on "continue watching," it picks up where you left off, which is usually credits at the end of an episode. Like it doesn't register that the episode is over and you should just start the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter