Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my kid wanted to watch Stargirl. I grumbled but said ok. Turns out it's pretty good. warning it deals with the death of a parent like EVERY OTHER Disney movie ever. Worth a watch imo.

My kids love this show.

Is it Stargirl the superhero TV series on CW or Stargirl the movie on Disney +. One is about the DC comics character and the other about a girl breaking into the music business (I think). They are very different.

Is it Stargirl the superhero TV series on CW or Stargirl the movie on Disney +. One is about the DC comics character and the other about a girl breaking into the music business (I think). They are very different.

It's stargirl vs the forces of evil or something like that.

ETA: Reading back it seems I may be talking about something other than PP as what I'm referencing is a series and not a movie. My b

It's stargirl vs the forces of evil or something like that.

ETA: Reading back it seems I may be talking about something other than PP as what I'm referencing is a series and not a movie. My b

That series is "Star vs. The Forces of Evil" from Disney Channel/Disney XD. It ended a couple of years ago, but was really good.

That series is "Star vs. The Forces of Evil" from Disney Channel/Disney XD. It ended a couple of years ago, but was really good.

Hidden gem for my household. I like it better than Netflix’s Tru. Anything but that lol

Hidden gem for my household. I like it better than Netflix’s Tru. Anything but that lol

Yeah, it was a good show. I felt it was like the successor to Gravity Falls in many ways, being both bizarre and charming at the same time. Good stuff.

Seems like there would be more hype if it was tonight.

I was thinking they would do it the week of when Star Wars Celebration would’ve been so next weekend.
Oh, absolutely. There’s no reason for them to show it tonight without a teaser of some kind. Disney won’t let the sheer marketing value of the Mandalorian come up as a surprise for the small amount of people watching the NBA live. They’ll announce it at least a couple days ahead of time.

Still a lot of day left to spread the word. Says it could also be Saturday. All it takes is 1 tweet to get the news spread like wildfire.

Still a lot of day left to spread the word. Says it could also be Saturday. All it takes is 1 tweet to get the news spread like wildfire.
Yeah but that’s not how Disney marketing works. Especially right now when they don’t have films. Mando is their big ticket for Disney+ and they’ll run ads for the trailer. If they haven’t run those ads yet it ain’t happening today. They would probably say something on GMA “Stay tuned tonight during the -insert game here- for the world premiere of The Mandalorian season 2 trailer!”

Yeah but that’s not how Disney marketing works. Especially right now when they don’t have films. Mando is their big ticket for Disney+ and they’ll run ads for the trailer. If they haven’t run those ads yet it ain’t happening today. They would probably say something on GMA “Stay tuned tonight during the -insert game here- for the world premiere of The Mandalorian season 2 trailer!”

Maybe in these circumstances, but I’ve seen them advertise MCU teasers for NBA games hours before the game. Black Panther and Captain Marvel come to mind

Maybe in these circumstances, but I’ve seen them advertise MCU teasers for NBA games hours before the game. Black Panther and Captain Marvel come to mind
There are typically leaks at the very least not leaks of the teaser but leaks that it’s coming. I don’t remember either of those films you listed not having some sort of advance warning of the trailers being shown. They will want people to tune in especially if ratings are down.

I remember the Black Panther trailer because I was at Aulani, and the trailer’s release wasnt leaked, it was announced the morning of the game. Chances are it’ll be released next weekend during what would have been Star Wars Celebration, but its not unprecedented to get a few hours notice on a trailer’s release. They usually dont like to release the trailers on weekends, especially Saturdays outside of a Con, so tonight would seem more realistic than Saturday. If I were a betting man, we’ll see it next weekend, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if in a few hours they tweet that the trailer is dropping in the 3rd quarter tonight

Am I the only one who doesn't want to watch the trailer? I always feel like they will spoil things. Traliers for Rebels were notorious for spoiling, so much so that Dave Filoni would advise not to wathc them, ha ha! I know I will hear about stuff, but I try to ignore it as much as possible. It's not like I need to decide if I want to watch it or not - I'M THERE!

It looks good. But I have to admit that when they cut the guys hair short. It is harder to make them stand apart (at least for me) Can't wait to see it.

I saw the movie when I was a kid and my sister wrote a report about Mercury 7 in school. My parents took us to Kennedy Space Center when we were kids several times so an area of interest for both of us

Am I the only one who doesn't want to watch the trailer? I always feel like they will spoil things. Traliers for Rebels were notorious for spoiling, so much so that Dave Filoni would advise not to wathc them, ha ha! I know I will hear about stuff, but I try to ignore it as much as possible. It's not like I need to decide if I want to watch it or not - I'M THERE!
Lol! My husband immediately turns off every show we watch as soon as the "next time on..." starts playing. We watch your show, we'll find out what's on next time, the next time we watch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter