Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the best movies of the past decade or so. Must have watched it about 50+ times between theater, DVD, and various TV channels. Also love the soundtrack. Would be an excellent Broadway show.

Broadway was in the works pre-covid. I’m sure it’ll happen one day.

agree
See a lot of people mention the cost of a movie theatre here and another thread talking about Mulan. We have regal unlimited . On hold now of course but the monthly fee was 22.39 taxes included.. probably average about 6 movies a month. I was a day one regal unlimited subscriber. Wife got it a week later. People will say well the price of food is tearing you up in there. Nope only got food when it was free. Than I will buy a soda when we had free popcorn. So maybe 15 dollars a month on concessions.

don’t know if I will be getting Mulan or not. I’m undecided. But we all know it will be on the top screen.I will be looking at it with drool coming down my face asking myself do I really want to wait. Like most people entertainment expenses is way way way down this year. So might be like sure why not.
We were the same with concessions as well. On occassion when we craved it enough we would get popcorn and soda but usually just let rewards points build and use that or other freebies. Our theatre reopens this week and I'm going to have to look at the upcoming slate now to decide if i want to reactivate my A-List pass yet or not. Hopefully more things start releasing to theatres.

Agree with Mulan sitting on the main page. It will be a rough tease as I do really want to see the movie but don't plan to purchase it right now at that price. But seeing it every time I log in just a click away might get hard to resist after awhile.

anyone who hasn’t seen the greatest showman yet. Should check it out. Seen it at the theatre and again when it was playing on hbo or whatever channel it was playing on. Really good movie imo. Usually I don’t like musicals but loved this one.

One of our fave movies ! Probably have seen it at least 50 times , and my kids (9 and 13) know every.single.word. (And song!). If you want to see something really cute and touching, watch the video of Pink and her daughter singing "a million dreams"
As another poster mentioned, bway was definitely in the works. Jackman was already committed to " the music man" , but Keala Settle and Zendaya were rumored to be reprising their roles

I like The Greatest Showman as well. I looked up the reviews of the film and they weren't good. Just once again proves that professional critics and myself seem to be on opposite sides of the fence.

Even in Harry Potter she was the weakest of the trio. But theres been far worse actresses getting work in Hollywood over the years than Watson. Beauty and the Beast is fine. Of the recent Live Action remakes I’d go

Cinderella (One of the most underrated Disney movies in the last 20-25 years)
Jungle Book
Alice in Wonderland
Aladdin
Dumbo (I’m the only person I know that really enjoyed this iteration)
Maleficent
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Christopher Robin
Lady and the Tramp

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Alice Through the Looking Glass

Even in Harry Potter she was the weakest of the trio. But theres been far worse actresses getting work in Hollywood over the years than Watson. Beauty and the Beast is fine. Of the recent Live Action remakes I’d go

Cinderella (One of the most underrated Disney movies in the last 20-25 years)
Jungle Book
Alice in Wonderland
Aladdin
Dumbo (I’m the only person I know that really enjoyed this iteration)
Maleficent
Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Christopher Robin
Lady and the Tramp

Maleficent: Mistress of Evil

Alice Through the Looking Glass

I really enjoyed Dumbo, but I like Tim Burton too so I think that helps. I LOVED Danny Elfman's score.

I like the ones that are not carbon copies of the originals. Tehcnically, Alice wasn't a remake - it was a sequel. :) My favorites have been Dumbo, Maleficent, and Jungle Book (it was different enough). I was looking forward to Mulan.

I really enjoyed Dumbo, but I like Tim Burton too so I think that helps. I LOVED Danny Elfman's score.

I like the ones that are not carbon copies of the originals. Tehcnically, Alice wasn't a remake - it was a sequel. :) My favorites have been Dumbo, Maleficent, and Jungle Book (it was different enough). I was looking forward to Mulan.

True, and Maleficent is a prequel. But I meant the live action versions of characters from the animated movies; remakes, sequels, etc.

Yes, Elfman’s score is incredible. He has a big name but I still think his total body work is under appreciated.

Maleficent doesnt get enough love. I think the story is great. Mistress of evil is a little archaic, but I didnt hate it. I’ve never been a fan of Jungle Book, but the work Favreau did all around and the voice acting made me a huge fan.

Mulan was one of my top 5 most anticipated movies of the year. I’m devastated that I have to watch it at home for the first time instead of on the IMAX screen.

I like Lion King just because the story is the same. My experience in the theater was pretty awful because I had to keep telling the people in the row ahead of me to stop taking their phone’s out and hitting us with their light and because they didnt listen I had to move to the front of the theater. But theres just something about this version that I just cant get into like I can the animated version. I like all of the voice talent. Maybe it was just the mouth movements that didnt seem as natural in LK as it did in JB

True, and Maleficent is a prequel. But I meant the live action versions of characters from the animated movies; remakes, sequels, etc.

Yes, Elfman’s score is incredible. He has a big name but I still think his total body work is under appreciated.

Maleficent doesnt get enough love. I think the story is great. Mistress of evil is a little archaic, but I didnt hate it. I’ve never been a fan of Jungle Book, but the work Favreau did all around and the voice acting made me a huge fan.

Mulan was one of my top 5 most anticipated movies of the year. I’m devastated that I have to watch it at home for the first time instead of on the IMAX screen.

I like Lion King just because the story is the same. My experience in the theater was pretty awful because I had to keep telling the people in the row ahead of me to stop taking their phone’s out and hitting us with their light and because they didnt listen I had to move to the front of the theater. But theres just something about this version that I just cant get into like I can the animated version. I like all of the voice talent. Maybe it was just the mouth movements that didnt seem as natural in LK as it did in JB

Maleficent is kind of a "twist" on it all - the same, but different enough. I liked the second one as like a "high fantasy" type of movie, but it felt a little off from the first one. It's more detached from the tale I guess - not necessarily a bad thing though.

I love Danny! Next to John WIlliams he's the best compsoer out there. When Dumbo started and they were packing up the Circus and they started to play the tune incorporating "Casey Jr." I knew I was down for liking this thing. I was just smiling ear to ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter