• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney re-releasing 8 movies???

My issue is that most of these movies are fairly recent. The oldest is Beauty and the Beast which came out in 1991. Why not include some older movies? I'm sure my mom would like to see Cinderella in theaters again. I assume they're doing this as part of the Disney 100 celebration. In that case, what about Snow White? You know, the one that started it all. I know it would never make the list, but personally I'd love the opportunity to see The Black Cauldron in theaters.
I would love to see The Black Cauldron on the big screen too. I wanted to see it badly as a kid but never got the chance (until I became an adult).

Likely Disney may be making the decision based on what they feel would sell the most, but even Snow White should be a must on account it was the first. I will say, the handwashing sequence would bore me to tears all over again, but still!

That is exactly what I thought too. Why aren't they rereleasing anything that was made before Little Mermaid? I wonder if kids have actually seen those movies before excluding the Princess ones.
These would be really popular back on the big screen:
  • Toy Story
  • Aladdin (original)
  • Beauty and the Beast (original)
  • The Little Mermaid (original, not the God awful live action one)
  • The Lion King (original)

These would be really popular back on the big screen:
  • Toy Story
  • Aladdin (original)
  • Beauty and the Beast (original)
  • The Little Mermaid (original, not the God awful live action one)
  • The Lion King (original)
Beauty and the Beast and Lion King are part of this line up already. I was referring to Disney films released before 1989.

yes, I know that. So what specifically before 1989 do you think? The 80s were a pretty rough patch for Disney?

Mary Poppins?

We took our two kids to see Pirates last Saturday. I saw it in theaters (at WDW) when it was originally released and it is one of my oldest's favorites so it was fun to be able to take him to see it on the big screen. It was also stormy on Saturday so was a good excuse to see a movie.

My issue is that most of these movies are fairly recent. The oldest is Beauty and the Beast which came out in 1991. Why not include some older movies? I'm sure my mom would like to see Cinderella in theaters again. I assume they're doing this as part of the Disney 100 celebration. In that case, what about Snow White? You know, the one that started it all. I know it would never make the list, but personally I'd love the opportunity to see The Black Cauldron in theaters.
It is part of the Disney 100 celebration. And I agree, they needed to include some of the other eras from that time. Snow White should have been a slam dunk.

I would love to see The Black Cauldron on the big screen too. I wanted to see it badly as a kid but never got the chance (until I became an adult).

Likely Disney may be making the decision based on what they feel would sell the most, but even Snow White should be a must on account it was the first. I will say, the handwashing sequence would bore me to tears all over again, but still!
I was 4 when The Black Cauldron was released. WAY too young for that movie! 🤣 I didn't get to see it until it was finally released on video in 1998.

I just saw that the UK is doing something similar with re-releasing films into theaters and their line up is pretty solid. Way better than the US (though I would add Lion King).

Their line up is:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Bambi
Cinderella
Peter Pan
101 Dalmatians
Jungle Book
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story
Princess and the Frog
Frozen

I just saw that the UK is doing something similar with re-releasing films into theaters and their line up is pretty solid. Way better than the US (though I would add Lion King).

Their line up is:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Bambi
Cinderella
Peter Pan
101 Dalmatians
Jungle Book
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story
Princess and the Frog
Frozen
Nearly a perfect list of classics for the UK market. Very Well done Disney! Seeing things like this give me hope that someone at Disney gets it and will forge a successful path forward.

I do agree that Lion King has to make the list also though.

Nearly a perfect list of classics for the UK market. Very Well done Disney! Seeing things like this give me hope that someone at Disney gets it and will forge a successful path forward.

I do agree that Lion King has to make the list also though.
I agree, it's a great line up. I would possibly go see Bambi since that film would be gorgeous on the big screen. If it was an option, I would see Sleeping Beauty too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter