Disney Resorts to start charging parking fees....

Status
Not open for further replies.
With emh & 60fp+ offered also?
Which hotels look good?
Look at some of the good neighbor hotels. There are several options that with 60 day fast passes and EMH cost 400-800 less for one week stay(this includes the resort and parking fees) vs onsite at a moderate. They also offer shuttles to the parks.

If people are still staying on property, not driving themselves around - Disney transportation will need to improve greatly - or uber/lyft will be the ones making the money.

There WILL be a breaking point for Disney.
THis is mine, and I'm a DME diehard!
Thank You I just sent them a long long note about what I think.
Long, long notes are not a good idea, and may not even get read. Brevity is the soul of wit...and complaint letters.
Not in all states.
Thank you, and thanks to the other posters who pointed this out. I honestly thought it was standard, but surprisingly few states include a picture!

The parking fees are still posted on the individual resorts amenities pages..
Yeah, they have left the page about WDW parking about WDW parking and now each resort's page has the parking fees.

This is the blurb for WL:
Parking
Effective for new reservations made March 21, 2018 and thereafter, standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee of $24 per night. Valet parking is also available for $33 per night. All parking fees include applicable tax.

Complimentary standard self-parking is available while you enjoy select dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at this Resort.

As of today, this is true. The change does not go into effect until after March 21st. If you booked your stay prior to the start date, but will arrive after the start date, it will also be complimentary. Only new bookings / stays after 03/21 will be charged the parking fee.

Yesterday the linked web page reflected the parking fees. The parking page was changed this afternoon, and the information about self-parking fees was removed.

I agree with you. Hopefully this will impact their bookings enough to make them think twice about other added fees. Unfortunately, I don't think it will stop them from charging it now. I also think it will impact bookings across the board. People who stay in Deluxe may still be on a budget just as much as people who stay Value. I hate when people assume that everyone booked at the deluxe resorts are rich somehow and can afford all of the added fees. Most have just saved more money to pay for the added expense and the parking may still be a deal breaker.

This would be my family. We use to be loyal to the Poly, as prices went up we were priced out and chose to start staying at a moderate. We save our money through the year for our vacations and pay cash, no credit cards used. We watch for the discounts, without them we can't go.

Our upcoming trip is a splurge at the Poly so that we can surprise DS for his college graduation, he thinks we are staying at CSR. We have scraped and skimped on everything to be able to afford it. We are definitely on a budget!

Yesterday the linked web page reflected the parking fees. The parking page was changed this afternoon, and the information about self-parking fees was removed.
Hmmm, maybe they won't post it back up with 3/21? Or did they take so many calls they are re-thinking the idea???

We are AP holders and usually go 2 to 3 times a year. This year, we already have 2 trips planned and looking to book the third. I spent some tome last night looking at off site options. I havn't decided yet, but some of those resorts look great for the space and the money.
Still, book it now. You cancancellater,but if you do stay onsite, you've avoided the parking charge.

Some have pointed out the current version of parking page doesn’t say complimentary theme park parking for resort guests.

It would really make more sense. Don't charge guests to park at their home resort, but take away the free theme park parking since they offer bus service for resort guests. That's the "perk" of staying onsite vs offsite.

So, the "industry standard" is actually the dark side (Universl). We've stayed at Protofino (twice), Hard Rock (once), and Cabana Bay (once) and they always charge for parking. WDW copied the parking rates: $24 for deluxes, $13 for values. The big difference is that if you are a "Day Guest" your parking rate is $45/day. So you get a considerable discount by being an overnight guest.

I realize I am beating on a dead horse, but really, it's the fact that they want to have their cake and eat it too that is bugging me. They want the revenue from their best guests - the ones staying overnight and paying the resort prices - but they don't want to turn off anyone thinking about coming in for a meal or "shopping" I'm pretty sure, they don't want to spend the money on staffing to collect parking fees at the resorts. They just want to add the amount to the guest folio...

Maybe it was confusing people under the parking page. Maybe that is why it is only under resort amenities. We will have to see what happens now.

I guess it could be. They could have worded it to be clearer. Now that parking page is confusing.

Btw how is a parking fee an amenity? For your choice of choosing our hotel we will allow you to pay us $13-24/day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter