Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

These things will be unbelievably hot during the warm months in Florida which are basically all of them. I'll stick to the bus with AC

There is no AC on the parking lot trams, Kilimanjaro Safari trucks, the MK railroad, ferries, the launches, Jungle Cruise boats, people mover, standing in line for most rides, outdoor rides, parade routes, while waiting for buses, etc. People aren't dropping from it. Riders will be at their destination in about the same time as a wait for a bus.

Last edited:
There is no AC on the parking lot trams, Kilimanjaro Safari trucks, the MK railroad, ferries, the launches, Jungle Cruises boats, people mover, standing in line for most rides, outdoor rides, parade routes, while waiting for buses, etc. People aren't dropping from it. Riders will be at their destination in about the same time as a wait for a bus.
Everything you’ve listed is not an enclosed space like the Skyliner is.
I’m looking forward to reports to see what it really feels like. People are affected by heat in different ways.

It is not enclosed. I did the math up thread, but it'll exchange 100% of it's air every second or so.

There will be no time for the air to heat up.
It is 100% closed to those with phobias or worries about heat.
Liike I said, I’ll wait and see.

Might also have info like how there are the two loading areas and how many people fit in a gondola, etc
I think that will be posted at the station; these signs are at the bridge entrance.

I expect they'll simply list the destinations that can be reached and the hours of operation, similar to the signs at the entrances to the boat docks at various resorts & at DS.

I don’t think you understand phobias. That’s okay. They’re not rational.
You said it was enclosed, that is factually wrong.

I agree people may not ride because of phobias, but your original post was talking about temperature comfort comparisons to unenclosed places. These will have more airflow than everything else on that list except some outside rides.

FYI, I edited my last post for clarity.

It is 100% closed to those with phobias or worries about heat.
Liike I said, I’ll wait and see.
Those with debilitating phobias aren't likely to step foot on it in the first place.

I have a kid that has anxiety issues combined with fibromyalgia chronic pain.

You said it was enclosed, that is factually wrong.

I agree people may not ride because of phobias, but your original post was talking about temperature comfort comparisons to unenclosed places. These will have more airflow than everything else on that list except some outside rides.

They will also ride above the heat island effect.

Anyone know if there’s a blog compiling all of the different Skyliner wraps with pictures?

Didn’t realize there are already pictures of the merchandise set for the fall. I wonder if the Skyliner shirts will be available at the different resorts.

I will definitely be on the look out for them.

Anyone know if there’s a blog compiling all of the different Skyliner wraps with pictures?

Didn’t realize there are already pictures of the merchandise set for the fall. I wonder if the Skyliner shirts will be available at the different resorts.

I will definitely be on the look out for them.
the end of post #1 has a list with color and character

I still think some people are seriously underestimating the efficiency of this type of transportation system. I see a lot of people worrying about wait times but realistically the only time a system like this is going to have any type of real wait is if a huge crowd of people are all going to use it at the same time. This would only possibly ever happen at park closing when everyone is leaving at once. It's not going to happen from your resort and it won't happen if you leave the park in the middle of the day. The system will just "eat" up the people as they come.

I still think some people are seriously underestimating the efficiency of this type of transportation system. I see a lot of people worrying about wait times but realistically the only time a system like this is going to have any type of real wait is if a huge crowd of people are all going to use it at the same time. This would only possibly ever happen at park closing when everyone is leaving at once. It's not going to happen from your resort and it won't happen if you leave the park in the middle of the day. The system will just "eat" up the people as they come.
I agree, and I also would rather stand and watch these coming in continuously than stand outside Epcot at the Pop pick up queue (far far away) with no idea when the next bus might decide to show up. Last trip we had to get on the AoA bus as three came for that resort and not a single Pop bus. Granted its not a major deal as we simply walked thru AoA - those that didn't want to the bus driver was kind enough to bring to the front of Pop.

So - I have to say that the "Heights" phobia would be in full effect on gondolas, but not sure that "enclosed spaces" effect would be. It's not like going in a closet or elevator - you have a 360 degree view around you. If you have THAT bad a phobia of enclosed spaces - wouldn't you be unable to ride on just about every Disney ride because they are "trapping" you in the ride vehicles? And yes, I understand phobias because I have a wierd phobia of fear being over water or perhaps it is falling into water. Bridges and piers are especially bad for me - and the height doesn't really matter as I can be 4 feet above the water and still get a panic attack. It's extra weird because I have no fear of being IN the water when I want to go in and I love to swim. Soarin' is the hardest ride at WDW for me to ride because certain scenes flying over water make me really tense. It's also a big reason I don't really enjoy DCL. (or any cruise for that matter)

By the way - people with phobias CAN also overcome their phobias. They aren't rational fears, and as rational humans we can learn to control and overcome phobias. I myself have gotten much better. I have no problems riding gondolas up the sides of mountains, but it's quite possible that I will have a hard time with the Pop/AoA leg of the gondolas - but if I have need to ride it I will likely do it. I ride Soarin', I've been on a cruise. BUT - it's always a fight when the irrational tries to overcome the rational.

I think the curiosity for me is how it will deal with the peak times. I think outside of park open and close times you'll be walking on, and not be filling each cabin. I think post illuminations(or whatever the evening new evening show at epcot is), is when it will be stressed the most(especially if Hollywood studios is still open at that time). I still think the most extreme wait will be 10 minutes, which compared to bus traffic at that time, seems like a really nice dream.

So - I have to say that the "Heights" phobia would be in full effect on gondolas, but not sure that "enclosed spaces" effect would be. It's not like going in a closet or elevator - you have a 360 degree view around you. If you have THAT bad a phobia of enclosed spaces - wouldn't you be unable to ride on just about every Disney ride because they are "trapping" you in the ride vehicles? And yes, I understand phobias because I have a wierd phobia of fear being over water or perhaps it is falling into water. Bridges and piers are especially bad for me - and the height doesn't really matter as I can be 4 feet above the water and still get a panic attack. It's extra weird because I have no fear of being IN the water when I want to go in and I love to swim. Soarin' is the hardest ride at WDW for me to ride because certain scenes flying over water make me really tense. It's also a big reason I don't really enjoy DCL. (or any cruise for that matter)

By the way - people with phobias CAN also overcome their phobias. They aren't rational fears, and as rational humans we can learn to control and overcome phobias. I myself have gotten much better. I have no problems riding gondolas up the sides of mountains, but it's quite possible that I will have a hard time with the Pop/AoA leg of the gondolas - but if I have need to ride it I will likely do it. I ride Soarin', I've been on a cruise. BUT - it's always a fight when the irrational tries to overcome the rational.

That’s the thing about phobias. No two are ever the same. You understand your phobia, but it might be hard to understand someone else’s. We all have different triggers. Some people get claustrophobic in crowds, other claustrophobic people aren’t bothered at all by crowds.

I’ve been working hard to overcome my phobia and I’ve made huge progress over the past two years. I can now ride an elevator. Being in an enclosed closet wouldn’t bother me as long as long as it wasn’t locked.

Most Disney rides are no problem. That’s why I go. Only the rollercoasters strap you in. As for the gondolas, I’m hoping to one day ride them. I have some strategies that might work for me. I will bring a misting fan so that air is blowing in my face. That will help.

Right now, I follow this thread just waiting for first hand reports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter