Disney Store Advice

tinkbyday

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone post your comments, suggestions and advice. What do you think of Disney Stores? Do you purchase Disney items from them or else where? What about selection?:woohoo: :flower3: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3:

We have a few Disney Stores not too far from us, and they're really hit or miss. We scored huge hits a couple of weeks ago picking up pins at deep discount, and about a month or so I got some adorable shoes for my DS for about $3. I've also been other times were there weren't good deals, and selection was lame...

We have several Disney Stores in our area. I only go to the Disney Store when I want to purchase Disney Dollars. While I am there I may shop around.

Sometimes I will go when there is a Snowglobe sale, but it has to be a VERY good sale.

For the most part, the quality of the items are good, but I do not think there is a very good selection.

I also find them to be over-priced on a lot of things. I have gone into the Disney Store, purchased an item that was marked with a red sale sticker & get it home to find that the original price under the packaging was less than the sale price. Not a lot, but it has happened.

The customer service has been pretty poor in the past few years. Now that they are Disney owned again, I am hoping for a major lift in service.

It seems the only thing they have right now is Hannah Montana ( YUCK ) :scared:

I shop for the Disney Dollars or gift cards and I'll peek around, but since it changed it's hard to find anything for adults and they keep it to one theme ( pirates, cars, hannah... you get the idea )

I find that it can find more that I want at disneystore.com.

I stop in regularly since I'm at the mall so much, but a lot of the stuff is for much younger people than my 20 years! I usually buy lots of beach towels, and if I need park tickets I pick them up. Sometimes I'll grab a DVD or two, and I found bunny ears for $2 here for my Halloween costume!

I shop at the Disney Store Outlet, but it's about 1 1/2 hours away so I don't get to go much. I usually find something. They have some great clearance sales.

We no longer have a Disney Store in our area. They were all closed :(
Not that I shopped there much anymore, I did when I was younger, but I was looking forward to some changes in the stores as they are once again Disney owed. I guess I got a change as they were all closed.

I quit going years ago.

I don't have kids, I don't dress like Hannah Montana... what's there to buy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter