• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Store Permanently Closed 2020

They also have a flagship store in Chicago and San Francisco. And sadly, They both are closing. Some people think that the Time Square location may revert back to "World of Disney".
I can't see Disney only having 3 or less Disney stores. NYC will either close or become a WoD store.

Wish we knew what Targets were getting Disney stores. I'm in MA, and there's only 1 in Revere & I'm not driving all the way there hah.

All of the Disney Store merchandise is now showing up on Target's website - things that were in-store in my local stores are listed. There's a section on Target's website that is specifically Disney Store - pins, apparel, toys, etc. It's great that we can still find the merch, but it's unfortunate that you don't get the same magic (music, cast members, etc) as going to a Disney Store location.

All of the Disney Store merchandise is now showing up on Target's website - things that were in-store in my local stores are listed. There's a section on Target's website that is specifically Disney Store - pins, apparel, toys, etc. It's great that we can still find the merch, but it's unfortunate that you don't get the same magic (music, cast members, etc) as going to a Disney Store location.
I know, I went to the Target in Revere. I am glad that Target store in Revere is nice. It makes me think about The Disney Store that was at Square One Mall. Sadly, The Disney Store at Square One Mall in Revere closed on or before July 18, 2017.599847599848

Went in the Deptford NJ store this past week before the closure was announced.

Disney stores used to be a fun place to pick up "rare" Disney collectibles including artwork, snow globes, figurines and the such. They used to have deals as well where if you bought 2 or three items you got something free/discounted, etc.

The store today is just filled with mass produced Chinese junk that you can get anywhere. Very few sales or combo deals. Almost no Adult clothing.

So good riddance!

Disney stores used to be a fun place to pick up "rare" Disney collectibles including artwork, snow globes, figurines and the such. They used to have deals as well where if you bought 2 or three items you got something free/discounted, etc.

The store today is just filled with mass produced Chinese junk that you can get anywhere. Very few sales or combo deals. Almost no Adult clothing.

So good riddance!
I would have to say about the same for the stores in WDW; nothing unique anymore and basically the same thing in every store, regardless of location on property.

We went to the Disney outlet that will be closing in Limerick, PA today. Was very busy, but good selection and good deals still! The whole store was 30% off. The kids got a few long sleeved shirts (we were back to school shopping anyway) and we each picked a short sleeve shirt to wear to WDW next summer. Also a bento lunchbox for my daughter and a few pins. They were giving $10 off a $10 purchase if you provide your email at checkout to each person entering the store and they gave a coupon to both me and DH! So we split our order and got $20 off on top of the 30%.

So good riddance!

I went to the Deptford Mall yesterday and the discount was 20% off. The cast member told me to pick up what I want because the store will not last until September 15. I picked up a nightshirt @ 20% off and was given a coupon for free shipping to use on shopdisney.

When I got home, I noticed that same nightshirt is 40% off on shopdisney. :headache:

If memory serves, the MCO store is on the street side of security. Meaning anyone in Orlando could shop there. The Character Warehouse in the outlet mall is remaining open since it is not branded as a Disney store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter