Disney Tattoos

I just got my first tattoo on my right upper back/shoulder area. It's a black tribal about 6 in. long and 2 in. wide...of course, it has a hodden Mickey right in the middle...very cool...I am now addicted. I already have a tattoo picked out for the top of my foot. It's really cute with simple flowers bound together in a V-shape..I'm going to substitute a hidden Mickey for the flower that's in the middle. I love hearing about everyone's Disney tattoos!

Mickeymousemom: I'd love to see your tattoos. I'm trying to find a floral/tribal design with a hidden mickey for the top of my foot, also. I've currently got Sorcerer Mickey on my right ankle and an anklet of the "Peace, Love, Mickey" on my left ankle. Can you tell me where you found your design or did you design it yourself?

Hmm, I really want mouse ears on my ankle.. I haven't gotten it done yet though.

I'm planning on either Mickey heads or Steamboat Willie for my next tattoo (I already have 5, none are Disney-related, though). :)

I have one...(upper arm)

88546timtat.JPG

and so does DW.(ankle)

88546julietat.JPG

I would like to get Tink on my foot but I am terrified of needles and pain!!

WOW! This has got to be the most active I have seen a Disney tattoos thread on this board! Awesome!!!!

If anyone has pics that they want to post but don't know how you can set up a free account at something like photobucket (or the Dis actually also has a photo posting section) and put your pictures on that. Then do an advanced reply and there is an icon for you to click to enter the address of your picture for it to put it in your post.

My two cents on tattoos and pain:

I'm not a big tattoo person, I have two, one on my back inbetween my shoulders, and one on my ankle (my mickey I posted) but both of my parents are covered and my husband has quite a few of his own too. . .. and I have a couple tattoo artists that are friends.
I am not big into pain!
I have given birth. . . but even though I was determined to go au natural I didn't make it and got an epidural (this pregnancy I am not even going to kid myself).
Yet, I found tattooing bearable. I just kept telling myself that the hour(s) of pain would be worth it for something that would last a lifetime (with the occassional touch up, ofcourse).

From what everyone has told me the closer it is to bone the more it hurts, and also the closer it is to areas full of nerves. The tops of the feet and hands, and on collar bones are supposed to be the most painful. Followed by ankles, shoulder blades, wrists, neck, etc. The least painful place supposedly is the breast or chest. Ofcourse this all varies from person to person, and one's weight, and pain tolerances, etc.
In fact my tattoo on my ankle was less painful than the one inbetween my blades, traditionally a spot that isn't supposed to be too bad, especially if you have some cushioning there like I do.

So, if you really want to know the best spot to get a tattoo my opinion is this: where you will be most happy seeing a tattoo for the rest of your life. Because ultimately that's what matters. . . . it might be the most painful spot you could have ever picked but if you never come to regret it then it will be worth it.

The quickest tattoo you could ever get is a name or writing. They also heal the quickest because the writing is so thin as opposed to inches thick. And it is hard for even a subpar artist to mess up writing.

Take into account healing, if you don't have anyone to help you, then the back is really not a good place to get a tattoo. And try and avoid getting a tattoo where clothes could rub it while it's healing. I won't give any other tips as far as healing goes other than do whatever your artist tells you. Just about every artist will have a different way of telling you how to heal it, this is mainly because no one but them knows what works best for their art. Different techniques call for different after care. (But do be wary of anyone that tells you to use neosporin)

Also, some tips for getting a tattoo:

Eat before you get it done! When you get a tattoo your body releases alot of endorphins. . . . and if you haven't eaten in awhile then it can cause your blood sugar to drop considerably. And you are technically causing trauma to your body when you get a tattoo so make sure you give your body fuel and fluids to help it handle it.

Take deep breaths!!! Remember to breath while your getting a tattoo. May sound simple but it really will help with the pain! You don't know how many times I caught myself holding my breath during my first tattoo. It can actually make things hurt to hold your breath cause it messes with your blood flow and actually causes your skin to tighten, making you feel the needle a whole lot more. So, breath, try and relax and things will go faster and easier.

Find a good artist with good recommendations. Different artists have different "touches" While the principle is the same and they all basicly have to do the same thing (get the needle in the same approximate depth, etc) different artists will have different ways of doing it. Try and find an artist with a "delicate" touch.

Also, find an artist that meets your needs. . . .do you like to have someone that chats you up while you're getting your hair cut? or do you prefer someone who is quiet and leaves you to your thoughts? That's something to consider with an artist.
If you like a chatty sort then it helps when you're getting a tattoo to have someone talking with you to keep your mind off of the pain.
But it can also be a bad experience when you're getting poked with a needle and clenching your teeth wishing the artist would just shut up!

Ok, I know that's a lot of info and stuff. . .. but in my opinion a tattoo should be a lifetime commitment and so many different little factors can play alot in whether your happy with it or not.
Even if it's just a little tattoo that only takes 45 minutes to do. . . . it's still there permanently. Not all the tattoos that people come to regret are big. . . some can actually be quite small.

Raevyn_Wolfe said:
WOW! This has got to be the most active I have seen a Disney tattoos thread on this board! Awesome!!!!

If anyone has pics that they want to post but don't know how you can set up a free account at something like photobucket (or the Dis actually also has a photo posting section) and put your pictures on that. Then do an advanced reply and there is an icon for you to click to enter the address of your picture for it to put it in your post.

My two cents on tattoos and pain:

I'm not a big tattoo person, I have two, one on my back inbetween my shoulders, and one on my ankle (my mickey I posted) but both of my parents are covered and my husband has quite a few of his own too. . .. and I have a couple tattoo artists that are friends.
I am not big into pain!
I have given birth. . . but even though I was determined to go au natural I didn't make it and got an epidural (this pregnancy I am not even going to kid myself).
Yet, I found tattooing bearable. I just kept telling myself that the hour(s) of pain would be worth it for something that would last a lifetime (with the occassional touch up, ofcourse).

From what everyone has told me the closer it is to bone the more it hurts, and also the closer it is to areas full of nerves. The tops of the feet and hands, and on collar bones are supposed to be the most painful. Followed by ankles, shoulder blades, wrists, neck, etc. The least painful place supposedly is the breast or chest. Ofcourse this all varies from person to person, and one's weight, and pain tolerances, etc.
In fact my tattoo on my ankle was less painful than the one inbetween my blades, traditionally a spot that isn't supposed to be too bad, especially if you have some cushioning there like I do.

So, if you really want to know the best spot to get a tattoo my opinion is this: where you will be most happy seeing a tattoo for the rest of your life. Because ultimately that's what matters. . . . it might be the most painful spot you could have ever picked but if you never come to regret it then it will be worth it.

The quickest tattoo you could ever get is a name or writing. They also heal the quickest because the writing is so thin as opposed to inches thick. And it is hard for even a subpar artist to mess up writing.

Take into account healing, if you don't have anyone to help you, then the back is really not a good place to get a tattoo. And try and avoid getting a tattoo where clothes could rub it while it's healing. I won't give any other tips as far as healing goes other than do whatever your artist tells you. Just about every artist will have a different way of telling you how to heal it, this is mainly because no one but them knows what works best for their art. Different techniques call for different after care. (But do be wary of anyone that tells you to use neosporin)

Also, some tips for getting a tattoo:

Eat before you get it done! When you get a tattoo your body releases alot of endorphins. . . . and if you haven't eaten in awhile then it can cause your blood sugar to drop considerably. And you are technically causing trauma to your body when you get a tattoo so make sure you give your body fuel and fluids to help it handle it.

Take deep breaths!!! Remember to breath while your getting a tattoo. May sound simple but it really will help with the pain! You don't know how many times I caught myself holding my breath during my first tattoo. It can actually make things hurt to hold your breath cause it messes with your blood flow and actually causes your skin to tighten, making you feel the needle a whole lot more. So, breath, try and relax and things will go faster and easier.

Find a good artist with good recommendations. Different artists have different "touches" While the principle is the same and they all basicly have to do the same thing (get the needle in the same approximate depth, etc) different artists will have different ways of doing it. Try and find an artist with a "delicate" touch.

Also, find an artist that meets your needs. . . .do you like to have someone that chats you up while you're getting your hair cut? or do you prefer someone who is quiet and leaves you to your thoughts? That's something to consider with an artist.
If you like a chatty sort then it helps when you're getting a tattoo to have someone talking with you to keep your mind off of the pain.
But it can also be a bad experience when you're getting poked with a needle and clenching your teeth wishing the artist would just shut up!

Ok, I know that's a lot of info and stuff. . .. but in my opinion a tattoo should be a lifetime commitment and so many different little factors can play alot in whether your happy with it or not.
Even if it's just a little tattoo that only takes 45 minutes to do. . . . it's still there permanently. Not all the tattoos that people come to regret are big. . . some can actually be quite small.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THE DIS PHOTO POSTING
THANK YOU

I've got dopey on the small of my back and I also want to get tink on my ankle with pixie dust around it

Yea! This is my kinda thread!! I am just bummed i didn't bring my camera to work today.. i will have to post pics tomorrow..

Lets start with me: i have lots of tattoos.. but 3 Disney ones.
1. i have minnie on my shoulder, with my dd name under her.
2. i have a tinkerbell on my back of my neck
3. I have a large piece (large for me, i would say about the size of an open hand) on my other shoulder, it is the cinderella's castle, with Cinderella and prince Charming dancing - underneath it is me and my dh's name and our wedding date. That one is my biggest, took about 2.5 hrs to do.. but, ties in with tink (which i got after) and minnie (which i got first).

My dh also has Disney tattoos.. I will post his pics tomorrow too.. He has sourc. mickey on one arm , and an "uncle sam" mickey on the other which says- "Made in America" . Then on one forearm, he also has Mickey, Minnie and baby Minnie, and all of our names under it.. (Baby minnie for my dd).

Last time we were at WDW, Goofy came up to my dd and pointed at his tat's and gave a thumbs up!! LOL (Mine were covered).

I will post pics tomorrow!! I love mine.. not sure if i am done yet!! LOL

DH has talked about getting another tattoo. It would be his thrid. I'm saying no more tattoos but when he mentioned a Disney themed tatto I have to say I liked the idea!!!;) He says he would like to get a really intricate tattoo that has a hidden Mickey in it. His theory is only the true Disney lovers will spot Mickey and appreciate it.

Love all the pictures.
I have one on the nape of my neck, not Disney (Dark Tower related). I've thought a lot about getting a Haunted Mansion related one, but I haven't thought of a perfect spot for it yet.

I'd love to see the peace, love, and Mickey tattoo. I've currently got a tribal/rose tattoo on my ankle, but it needs touching up, and I've toyed with the idea of an anklet either on the same ankle or the other. I really want a foot tattoo, and a celtic cross, and something Disney!

I don't have a tattoo (too chicken) but my sister is a tattoo artist. She said she does TONS of Mickey and Tink, but the other characters are often neglected!!!

I've got tink in ink. She is on my lower back. I want another one but i am not sure what i want it to be. Cindy's castle would be cool.

I have a Disney tattoo! I actually have 9 tattoos at the moment and want to get another that ties in with my Disney Wedding.

Here's Mine...I've had Tink for almost 4 years now!

n25002324_30478128_4867.jpg

n25002324_30478129_5385.jpg

sPaRkLeSpAz said:
Hmm, I really want mouse ears on my ankle.. I haven't gotten it done yet though.

me too, but the artist said it would not look right! :confused3 so i ended up with roo on my right ankle! i just love it! it reminds me of my ds.

i just love this thread!!!! keep it going!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter