Disney Transportation has gone down hill

Yes it is within the rules. Its a good way to get to another park. I do think it is one reason the bus transportation isnt very good at these resorts. I wonder how the skyliner will effect this.

We only had one hiccup with transportation at SSR last April, but I was mad. We returned to the bus station at AK at 11 am and waited till noon for a bus back to the resort. I was livid. But other than that, the buses were fine.

Sorry, Have to disagree. We have stayed from the Allstars, POP to POFQ and others...And in all the years..We have loved Disney transport. Its free and im sorry of you had to wait an hour. I have never encountered that. At most we have waited 30 min. But in any case. The buses are as good as ever. I just cant find a reason to complain.
We will definitely continue to use Disney transport.
I agree with you! We are here at Disney now and have not waited an hour all week. We think the busses are very good. We are at the Pop which most times has the biggest bus lines and they have sent a lot of busses.

They aren't going to "stop pushing Minnie Vans", they want you to use them because they get more of your money.

We have noticed the bus service declining since we started going only every 2-3 years. Maybe it is that we have forgotten and only thought it was better, maybe not. We started using only our own car 3 trips ago and the last one we just stayed offsite because the things that had been a perk for us onsite (mainly the buses) no longer felt like a benefit. We met up with friends three mornings of most recent trip, or tried to. They left their room around the same time or a little before we left our condo and we were at the park entrance well before they were. Twice it was only 15-20 minutes. On the MK morning, we didn't end up meeting. We had driven to TTC from offsite, parked, went through security, used the dreaded ferry to get to MK, gone into the park and they were still waiting for a bus. I assume something unusual happened that morning, but it took them well over an hour to get to MK from POR. They fly down and rely solely on free Disney Transportation (refuse to pay for a MV), and they have decided to stay offsite and rent a car the next time they go as well.

I hope I dont get shunned for this....but do you find that the constant scooter parades to the bus stop and their entire families crowding on them may be slowing things down? It takes a lot of time to load them and on my most recent visit there seems to be one on every bus.

You say all this like it's improper, it's totally within the rules. The transportation at a resort isn't limited to the people staying there. And, yes, I say that as someone who finds it easier to go from World Showcase to MK via a bus at BC than the monorail at the front of the park.

They are just frustrated with non resort guests they never said you couldn't do it.

Be ready for fights on this site when the gondola is packed with "tourists" who are not staying at any of the resorts on the line.

I agree with you! We are here at Disney now and have not waited an hour all week. We think the busses are very good. We are at the Pop which most times has the biggest bus lines and they have sent a lot of busses.
Have FUN!!

It takes a lot of time to load them
Doesn't matter. Disney buses aren't on any kind of fixed scedule. "A lot of time" is relative. It seems like a long time to you befause you want to be on your way. In reality, it's typically a couple of minutes.

If a bus arrives at a resort at 8 AM and has a wheelchair/scooter or two to tie down (for, you know, safety) 0, that has zero effect on the 8:20 bus. Th 10 AM bus, maybe.

I hope I dont get shunned for this....but do you find that the constant scooter parades to the bus stop and their entire families crowding on them may be slowing things down? It takes a lot of time to load them and on my most recent visit there seems to be one on every bus.
No, I don't find this at all. Whenever I see somebody on a scooter, I'm reminded how lucky I am not to need one. I never begrudge the time spent getting them safely loaded on the bus.

Is there a rule on how many travelers can board with a scooter rider? I've seen a scooter pull up after we were waiting in the regular line and a whole lot of people board with that scooter. Enough to make others that arrived sooner have to wait for another bus because the bus filled up.

They are just frustrated with non resort guests they never said you couldn't do it.

Be ready for fights on this site when the gondola is packed with "tourists" who are not staying at any of the resorts on the line.
I love a good fight. Fun to watch. Cat fights are the best.... Oh wait you did say fights on this blog not actual physical fights..... Sorry... Lol....☺☺☺☺....who cares who rides what.

There is a limit of guests permitted to board the bus with a scooter. It's 5 guests and the scooter.

To the people who complain about waiting for a scooter to load, from someone who use s one. I'll gladly trade you the limitations and constant pain I have every day, to be able to stand in line behind you and wait for the bus. (I am losing the function of my arms, both wrists and legs), not because I'm lazy, but because my "cross to bear" includes 10 autoimmune diseases. (My body is literally attacking itself.). Count your BLESSINGS!!!

Two people travel with me, my adult daughter and minor grandchild. I'm trying to create some lasting memories will I can!! Enjoy creating your own special !memories!!!!

I, and all of my bus driver friends enforced it.
Lol. Been to disney countless times, in fact in june. Leaving from hotels and parks. Just how many can one bring? I've seen at least 6 people plus the chair. If the cutoff is more than I stand corrected. So how many since you say your a driver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter