"Disney trips are so complicated now that you need a class to plan one"

It is possible to go to WDW without planning a thing, not recommended by most, but possible. I certainly wouldn't pay for a planning course but have, in the past, paid for guide books to places I have visited so don't see much difference. I must own a "hidden" book for every place I've ever visited. I do research everywhere I go, it's so easy now with the internet. We have also had subscriptions to dive forums and newletters that rate dive operations and dive sites and equipment where every day people add comments that help. Heck, even when I'm going somewhere I've been before, I'll hop on the internet and check reviews and videos just to make sure something hasn't changed. I've been to WDW at least 100 times, if not more, and still watch videos just about every day. I have no plans to ever buy Genie+ because I just don't need it. Because I go often I don't mind standing in line or just skipping a line. Having said that, even though I have no intention of ever buying it, I still stay up on the little ins and outs of it.

It all depends on what you want out of it. It's expensive yes, so you want to get your money's worth so it depends on what you feel is your money's worth. I've spent much more on vacations or dive trips and have had not the best times and still felt I've gotten my money's worth. Let's face it, being sick in Hawaii and not being able to physically swallow food for 3 days on a 6 day dive trip, being in bed one of those days all day and diving without eating for two of them, might not be what we wanted to do but at least we had good weather and it was beautiful. I have a feeling even if I went to WDW and it was a once in a life time trip and I only rode 3 rides a day in each park, I'd still feel like I got my money's worth because I was there. With a little research on the internet you can get a feel for the place and decide how deep you want to dive into the ins and outs and go from there. No classes needed.

To the title of this post, it has a lot of merit.

My parents made their last trip to Disney last year because of the complexity of planning. They do not want to use a device while on vacation. It was nothing for them to spend $25K on a trip for 10 for a week. Disney will not miss their 25K twice a year, if we are honest, but how many others have stopped going because of all of the planning required and the nickel and diming? The Disboards represents only a small amount of travelers to visit WDW.

The problem with this is that Disney is creating too many deluxe resorts like Fort now.
I don't disagree but there's enough parks to do it systematically not like the free for all at universal. Something like the partk resevation system just for lightning lane. I'm sure Disney will find an over complicated way to screw it up.

My issue is that Disney requires too much planning for a theme park. I don't care that it's the highest attended, at the end of the day it's still a theme park. I look at how simple it is to visit Universal and most other parks. That's how Disney should be

I will add, judging by a lot of the responses here, it feels like many have never visited any other park. How you visit Disney is not the norm

I will add, judging by a lot of the responses here, it feels like many have never visited any other park. How you visit Disney is not the norm
Honestly, besides Disney and Universal, I have absolutely no interests in seeing other theme parks in the U.S. Their attractions do not move me. It's perfectly fine if people love them, but there's no way I'm getting on an airplane for those.

Honestly, besides Disney and Universal, I have absolutely no interests in seeing other theme parks in the U.S. Their attractions do not move me. It's perfectly fine if people love them, but there's no way I'm getting on an airplane for those.
The only ones I would get on a plane for are Knotts (plan on checking it out next time I go to California) and the various parks in Europe. Efteling looks incredible. Some of the rides have Disney level theming.

I haven't been on these boards for quite some time but came on because we are going to Universal next month but not staying onsite (usually we stay at a Universal property). I used to LOVE it but going to Disney sounds like too much of a stressful chore now with charges for every thing that used to be "free." No thanks. We have been using our vacation $$ doing other more relaxing and enriching things, Europe, Hawaii, Beaches/Sandals and using Universal for the occasional theme park fix.

Was kind of nervous for our last trip in Nov. It was a breeze and we had a great time. Hoping for the same in May but, of course, expecting larger crowds. Back in the "stack fastpass days" there were always " Disney is to hard because it requires so much planning" threads.
$139 for a planning class - good on them for thinking of it, lol.

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, but not MENSA level genius....

The first two trips I made to Disney as an adult were a few years ago, after Genie+ was introduced... Yes, I had to download an app (which I did as we were pulling our vehicle into the parking lot), but really it was not that complicated.... One trip I had Genie+ included, the other I did not.

Both trips were enjoyable. The next thing I knew I was becoming an AP Holder, and the next thing after that a DVC member.

The only thing I do find tricky is the "you need a ticket" "you need a reservation" thing. But, I believe that has changed for those who don't have annual passes.

For AP holders, making the reservation is very easy and takes about 30 seconds.

I think people like to make these things seem so much harder than they are. Paying $20 for a class is absurd, let alone $139....

Come to think of it, maybe I am about to start a new business venture.... I'll offer to teach the class for $99.... and I'll even throw in an official certificate of participation mailed to your home.

I consider myself to be reasonably intelligent, but not MENSA level genius....

The first two trips I made to Disney as an adult were a few years ago, after Genie+ was introduced... Yes, I had to download an app (which I did as we were pulling our vehicle into the parking lot), but really it was not that complicated.... One trip I had Genie+ included, the other I did not.

Both trips were enjoyable. The next thing I knew I was becoming an AP Holder, and the next thing after that a DVC member.

The only thing I do find tricky is the "you need a ticket" "you need a reservation" thing. But, I believe that has changed for those who don't have annual passes.

For AP holders, making the reservation is very easy and takes about 30 seconds.

I think people like to make these things seem so much harder than they are. Paying $20 for a class is absurd, let alone $139....

Come to think of it, maybe I am about to start a new business venture.... I'll offer to teach the class for $99.... and I'll even throw in an official certificate of participation mailed to your home.
On its own a Disney vacation isn't overly complicated. The problem is when you compare it to visiting Universal or just about any other park out there it's rocket science.

I just watched the Tiktok clip from the link. One of the advices was taking an Uber to the Contemporary to rope drop MK. Nope!
We have done this several times and it works. Uber doesn't turn into the Contemporary parking lot, they just pull by and let you out on the sidewalk. All you do is cross the intersection and walk down the path. Super easy security spot on the path. Worked great. We also have had Uber pick us up at that intersection later in the day.

On its own a Disney vacation isn't overly complicated. The problem is when you compare it to visiting Universal or just about any other park out there it's rocket science.
Is it tho? At Universal you need to know about the hotel deluxe express line deal or you are out of luck unless you want to pay $$$$$ for it. At every single theme park out there you need to research the type of product they offer. It's the exact same thing. But there is this weird mental block folks have about it, like it's supposed to be easier at Disney or something.

Is it tho? At Universal you need to know about the hotel deluxe express line deal or you are out of luck unless you want to pay $$$$$ for it. At every single theme park out there you need to research the type of product they offer. It's the exact same thing. But there is this weird mental block folks have about it, like it's supposed to be easier at Disney or something.
Finding out about the premier resorts express pass deal isn't complicated at all. The information is easily available on the Universal site. It's easy to compare the cost of a premier resort vs. other resorts, on or off-site, plus express pass and make a decision well before the trip. Then at the parks all you need to do is show your pass at each express pass line. There's no need to watch videos or pay for a class on how to plan a Universal vacation. Best part, you don't even need a phone to do it.

Researching hotels is common for any place you visit. Same with express pass type passes. The difference is after that you don't need to know about ride return times, booking rides every 2 hours, stacking rides for later.

At those parks you show up at the gate and ride what you want when you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter