Disney Visa allure

That's how it is at Hollywood Studios, but at the Epcot Disney Visa Cardmember photo location they still have a character meet and greet with two actual characters (usually two of the "Fab Five").
That is nice. I would much rather go there but we always seem to forget that one. Hopefully Pluto will be there as that is DS favorite character.

Way back when the 1% was comparable to many other cards. But over the years other cards have pulled way ahead. So the Disney card has been relegated to the “use it once or twice a year to keep it active” category, and is being kept for credit score purposes and for any special offers or benefits. I wouldn’t be surprised to receive a notification that my card is being cancelled due to lack of use.

Way back when the 1% was comparable to many other cards. But over the years other cards have pulled way ahead. So the Disney card has been relegated to the “use it once or twice a year to keep it active” category, and is being kept for credit score purposes and for any special offers or benefits. I wouldn’t be surprised to receive a notification that my card is being cancelled due to lack of use.
Yup mine doesn't get used unless I go to www.chase.com/mybonus and it tells me I have a 5% offer for 3 months.
Most of the time I'm not eligible.
Also remember to hold on to your redemption card as you can reload it for a minimum of $10 where if you request a new one you have redeem $20 which takes even longer to earn as this card just stays in a drawer for the most part.

Did you know that Chase Banks offer a bank account that gives you the Disney Visa as a Debit card? I have never found the Disney CC to be worth it, but I bank through Chase and so made my account a Disney one and my Disney Visa Debit card gives me exactly the same benefits as a regular Disney Visa. ie. Room rate discounts, food discounts, character photo opportunities, etc.

Also, you get to choose the design of the Disney Visa Bank card as well, so I have had a couple different designs over the years. Well worth checking out!

Did you know that Chase Banks offer a bank account that gives you the Disney Visa as a Debit card? I have never found the Disney CC to be worth it, but I bank through Chase and so made my account a Disney one and my Disney Visa Debit card gives me exactly the same benefits as a regular Disney Visa. ie. Room rate discounts, food discounts, character photo opportunities, etc.

Also, you get to choose the design of the Disney Visa Bank card as well, so I have had a couple different designs over the years. Well worth checking out!
I've run the numbers so many times and I just get better cash back with two other cards. Plus I can move that into a HYSA until my vacation and the money just compounds. I don't need the discount room rates as I have 475 DVC pts a year plus I still get the discounts. My only catch is the special meet and greets but we aren't into those really in my house so it just doesn't make sense for us.

There is not a special account for Disney that I have ever found.

They will let you switch your debit card to the Disney one for free though.

It doesn't get all of the same benefits as the actual visa card as there are a lot of restaurants missing from the list, no 0% APR for 6 months (There is never an APR as it is debit :) ) No earnings of Disney $$.

We had this years before we got the credit card just for the Photo opps as we obtain more generous discounts through AP/DVC over the years.

Overall I think it is having as it is completely free as long as you are already banking with Chase.

There is not a special account for Disney that I have ever found.

They will let you switch your debit card to the Disney one for free though.

It doesn't get all of the same benefits as the actual visa card as there are a lot of restaurants missing from the list, no 0% APR for 6 months (There is never an APR as it is debit :) ) No earnings of Disney $$.

We had this years before we got the credit card just for the Photo opps as we obtain more generous discounts through AP/DVC over the years.

Overall I think it is having as it is completely free as long as you are already banking with Chase.
Ah, at the time when I created it (7 years ago) it was a separate type of account from their regular ones.

Ah, at the time when I created it (7 years ago) it was a separate type of account from their regular ones.
Gotcha. I already had it at that point so just never paid that much attention. Switched close to when they started offering it.

Got it after they discontinued the Continental and United Airlines debit cards.

Sometimes I just use my Disney Visa, so I can have more "Disney only" money.
DH doesn't pay attention to credit card rewards, and doesn't love Disney as much as I do.
But, no, the Disney Visa isn't a good reward card. I also keep it on hand for the occasional Disney Visa discount (although we can book military discounts, so whatever) and the character M&G. My sister was thrilled a couple years ago because the M&G at DCA was Stitch, and she had never met Stitch before.
It's the no fee card though. I only pay fees for cards that have much higher rewards and benefits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter