Disney Visa Card 5x Disney Dream Reward Dollars

sunshine1259

DIS Veteran
Hi, Everyone. My husband and I just received an offer to receive 5X DDRSs for eligible utility and telecommunications payments for October-December.

My question is, or rather my husband, what is the catch? Why is Disney making this kind of an offer? What do they get out of it? My husband is a bit paranoid, not that I blame him.

I fiqure that as long as the balance is paid in full each month, there will be no interest cost. But my husband thinks that maybe Chase may have some fees associated with doing this.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks for the help.

No catch other than Chase trying to get you to use your card more.

I signed up for the 5X promotion for July-Sept for different categories. If I spent more than $250 in that category, they would add reward dollars to equal 5X the normal amount. There is no down side to doing this. If you don't spend that amount, you just get the normal 1%. There are no fees or hidden costs.

One of the great things that happened to me is that they normally credit the additional amount 1-2 months after the billing cycle promotion ends. BUT, I got the credit very early. I cruise in 2 weeks and was hoping that I could have the credit but didn't count on it. When I got my statement last week, it had the credit on it!!!!!!! It might have been because I hit the maximum amount offered for the credit. I charged Kroger gift cards (which were 10% off) and that counted for my promotion. It was like double bonus.

No catch other than Chase trying to get you to use your card more.

I signed up for the 5X promotion for July-Sept for different categories. If I spent more than $250 in that category, they would add reward dollars to equal 5X the normal amount. There is no down side to doing this. If you don't spend that amount, you just get the normal 1%. There are no fees or hidden costs.

One of the great things that happened to me is that they normally credit the additional amount 1-2 months after the billing cycle promotion ends. BUT, I got the credit very early. I cruise in 2 weeks and was hoping that I could have the credit but didn't count on it. When I got my statement last week, it had the credit on it!!!!!!! It might have been because I hit the maximum amount offered for the credit. I charged Kroger gift cards (which were 10% off) and that counted for my promotion. It was like double bonus.

Thanks, brucechase. No relation to the Chase card, are you:rotfl: ?

I just went to the mailbox and I received that offer too, but it's for dining, groceries, gas and airline purchases.

I just went to the mailbox and I received that offer too, but it's for dining, groceries, gas and airline purchases.

That's what I received yesterday. I spent almost 15 minutes on 'hold' trying to enroll. I couldn't get through so I'll try again tonight.

I also received the postcard for 5X rewards and I just signed up online at the web address given and entered the activation code on the postcard....no problem at all.

Mine was for telecommunications expenses from Oct-Dec.

I just finished the 3x reward offer from the last 3 months and did very well with getting my reward points up there!!!

Well, I just need to get the okay from DH and then we will be off to the races. I am trying to get as many points as possible for our next trip next year.

Credit Card companies make money in several ways other than interest on balances carried from month to month.

Interchange fee is a fee that is charged by the Banks to the vendor on every purchase. So if you spend $100 on an item, the vendor may only get $99 from the Card Companies. The $1 goes partly to Visa / Mastercard and partly to the bank issuing the card.

That being said - I have not rec'd this offer... and I do work for chase (but not in the credit card business)

people post stuff like this all the time. Every time I read one of them I say "why didn't I get such an offer". I then call chase with my fingers crossed and I get the same story that I don't qualify. But I never can find out why I don't qualify or what I can do to qualify.

I want another offer:rotfl2: .

Last time I just called them and they gave it to me even though I did not get anything in the mail. I will call again if I don't see anything in the next few days. I was able to rack up almost 300 DRD (including the bonus) for our Oct cruise.

Coupled with $150 in OBC and we are set!

BTW, no relation to the credit card company. I would be doing a Cat 1-3 and more than a 3 day cruise if I was.

I got the same off for OCT/Nov but it was in the same categories as the July/Aug/Sept offer - Gas, Groceries, dining, airline tickets- BUT my offer was 5x for every dollar PER month ABOVE $750 in each of the categories! Like thats gonna happen... Yikes :scared1:

As this is not cruise specific I'm moving it over to the Rewards forum.

We just finished a 5x promotion from July-September for gas, food, meals out and airline expenses in excess of $250 each month. Today we got a new flyer for 5x just for gas purchases, no minimum. Why we got gas and others get utilities just makes no sense to me.

We just finished a 5x promotion from July-September for gas, food, meals out and airline expenses in excess of $250 each month. Today we got a new flyer for 5x just for gas purchases, no minimum. Why we got gas and others get utilities just makes no sense to me.

We had the same promotion through September, only our threshold was $500. We just received another identical one for the next three months ... $500 threshold on gas, groceries, airline, and meals. :confused3

I really wish I could figure how to start getting these offers. I've had my Chase Disney card for many years and have never received anything of the sort.

Does anyone think that this could have anything to do with getting an e-statement instead of having one mailed to my house??

I hope I get one in the next few days. I didn't use the recent one as mine was $500.

people post stuff like this all the time. Every time I read one of them I say "why didn't I get such an offer". I then call chase with my fingers crossed and I get the same story that I don't qualify. But I never can find out why I don't qualify or what I can do to qualify.
We have two Disney Visa cards. Our original and one we got through DVC. I think that when we don't use the card at all, that's when we get these kinds of offers! We weren't using the DVC card since last summer and then we got the offer for 5x bonus rewards for July/Sept spending, no minimum, on up to $2500 of spending. We didn't use the original Disney Visa card then and now we got the offer for 5X rewards on that one for gas, utilities, restaurants and airline travel.

We tend to use whichever card is giving us the best benefits. Usually that's my Amex blue cash card but sometimes Disney comes through with these special deals.

For those of you who have already received benefits, maybe you can help clarify this for me:

Is it over $250 in EACH CATEGORY? Like every dollar spent over $250 on gas, every dollar over $250 on groceries, etc.? Or is it cumulative? All the money over $250 spent on gas, groceries, airline tickets, and dining?

Also, I also buy groceries at Target. How or Does the rewards program determine what was bought as groceries and what was bought as clothing, etc.? Are only SPECIFICALLY grocery stores included?

Any clarification is much appreciated! Or a link to where I can find this info from Visa.

We finally have gotten an offer for 5X Disney Reward dollars
Categories: Dining, Gas, Airlines and Groeries.
for October, November, and December

Kicker is the minimum is $1000!!!!
And my grocery stores never seem to be 'categorixed' as groceries.
This is our 1st offer of extra disney dollars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter