Disney Visa Card 5x Disney Dream Reward Dollars

anyone know if the using the visa to pay for the DDP counts as food purchases?

Are you asking if it counts as dining purchases? I'm sure it doesn't. Dining purchases that qualify would be when you actually used your CC at a restaurant. The DDP purchase probably gets coded as a vacation package or travel.

We finally have gotten an offer for 5X Disney Reward dollars
Categories: Dining, Gas, Airlines and Groeries.
for October, November, and December

Kicker is the minimum is $1000!!!!
And my grocery stores never seem to be 'categorixed' as groceries.
This is our 1st offer of extra disney dollars.

That's the offer we got for July-Sept. :scared1: I wonder why our minimum was SOOOO high????:confused3 If I spent that much per month in EACH of those categories I'd have some serious issues!!!! My groceries never count either, because I do most of my shopping at SuperWalmart. :sad2: I still haven't received any bonus points, although the offer said they would be credited 6-8 weeks afterwards.
Last year I got an offer that I signed up for (don't remember specifics) and thought there was no way I would benefit at all based on the offer. To my surprise I had 29 DD post a few months later. So, now no matter what the offer, I will always sign up just in case!
Crossing my fingers that I magically receive some extra DD's!!!

Watch how fast your DDRDs can add up! For every eligible dollar you spend above $250 each month in any of the categories listed above, you’ll accumulate Disney Dream Reward Dollars at 5x the regular rate.2,3 But first, be sure to enroll by calling 1-800-518-4401 or click here.

I just got this offer Via Email. I have yet to recv credit for the last quarter purchases.

For those of you who have already received benefits, maybe you can help clarify this for me:

Is it over $250 in EACH CATEGORY? Like every dollar spent over $250 on gas, every dollar over $250 on groceries, etc.? Or is it cumulative? All the money over $250 spent on gas, groceries, airline tickets, and dining?

Also, I also buy groceries at Target. How or Does the rewards program determine what was bought as groceries and what was bought as clothing, etc.? Are only SPECIFICALLY grocery stores included?

Any clarification is much appreciated! Or a link to where I can find this info from Visa.

I'd love to know the answer to this question. I think the wording on the offer is very unclear on this.

people post stuff like this all the time. Every time I read one of them I say "why didn't I get such an offer". I then call chase with my fingers crossed and I get the same story that I don't qualify. But I never can find out why I don't qualify or what I can do to qualify.

me neither! i sure could use some extra points, too!

we use our card just like a debit and then pay it off each month. so our balance is pretty high on a monthly basis, but we do not carry a balance. do you do the same? do you think that has anything to do with it? i hate to stop using my card only to see if i get an offer, as i don't want to miss out on the points i am racking up...but i would love to have a few months of 5x points...that would make a significant dent in the cost of our upcoming vacation!

people post stuff like this all the time. Every time I read one of them I say "why didn't I get such an offer". I then call chase with my fingers crossed and I get the same story that I don't qualify. But I never can find out why I don't qualify or what I can do to qualify.

exactly what I did! I wish, I wish I could get an offer! I've got great credit, I put a few thousand a month on the card and I erase the balance each month. (otherwise me hoping for a 5% return is VERY silly! :lmao: ) Get some more dis dollars would be such a great thing and I would put ALL my purchases in those categories on my card that month. oh, well, I just gotta keep hoping! :worship:

me neither! i sure could use some extra points, too!

we use our card just like a debit and then pay it off each month. so our balance is pretty high on a monthly basis, but we do not carry a balance. do you do the same? do you think that has anything to do with it? i hate to stop using my card only to see if i get an offer, as i don't want to miss out on the points i am racking up...but i would love to have a few months of 5x points...that would make a significant dent in the cost of our upcoming vacation!

We do the same thing - charge everything possible, then pay in full monthly. We've had the card for about 4 yrs now & have always done it that way to rack up the rewards. We finally got our first 5x's offer for Jul-Aug-Sep, and actually got the utilities one now for Oct-Nov-Dec. I used to call also to see why I wasn't getting them, no info. So, you just never know when you'll finally start to get them!

I got the 5x offer for gas, dining, etc... for October and November. I can't remember about December. I did sign up for it, but I don't remember seeing anything about a $250 minimum. Wish I had kept that card now.

Does anyone know if Walmart and/or Sam's Club counts toward the groceries?

Unless the wallyworld is a super one, I doubt it'll be categorized as groceries. We shop at a big chain in NJ and it does not get categorized correctly. But since every time I get one of these offers is for anything above $750 or $1000, I think only once we got something like 10 extra points.

Note that Sam's Club only accepts MasterCard or Discover, so you can't use the Disney Visa there :)

Unless the wallyworld is a super one, I doubt it'll be categorized as groceries.

Note that Sam's Club only accepts MasterCard or Discover, so you can't use the Disney Visa there :)

I forgot about the Visa thing at Sams. Thw Walmart I shop at is a Super Store so maybe. We're going to do out big winter stock up for our freeze and pantry. We'll spend close to $1000 total. I know I'll get the 1%, but the extra would have been nice.

I got a deal for Oct, Nov, & Dec for gas, groceries, dining and airlines. You have to spend $500 per month to get 5x the points. You must buy groceries at a store that sells just groceries - so no Super Walmart or Super Target.

Works out well for me. We just booked our airline tickets for our entire group 14 people - so I am paying $700 a month each month to pay for them. Can't hurt to get 5x the points on over $2000!!!

hey, I signed up for this 5x promotion (oct-dec) for gas, dining, airline, and something else... for charges in excess of $500. Well, I just so happen to be planning a trip so I signed up for the promotion then I bought 6 airline tickets and charged everything I could imagine this past month to my card. I paid for most all of the stuff before the statement went out-*whew* Anyway, I was only credited with 1 DRD for each dollar rather than 5x the amount. What is up with that? Is there a catch as to when you get the additional dollars credited? This is the first time I've signed up for a special promotion like this so I was wondering how Chase handles it. If you know, I'd sure love to hear how it works!
Thanks!!:rolleyes1

I'm so happy for all of you that have been offered this program.. please send some pixie dust my way so I can get one! I think it's my only hope of getting DH to agree to let me go to the World next summer!

hey, I signed up for this 5x promotion (oct-dec) for gas, dining, airline, and something else... for charges in excess of $500. Well, I just so happen to be planning a trip so I signed up for the promotion then I bought 6 airline tickets and charged everything I could imagine this past month to my card. I paid for most all of the stuff before the statement went out-*whew* Anyway, I was only credited with 1 DRD for each dollar rather than 5x the amount. What is up with that? Is there a catch as to when you get the additional dollars credited? This is the first time I've signed up for a special promotion like this so I was wondering how Chase handles it. If you know, I'd sure love to hear how it works!
Thanks!!:rolleyes1

The info is in all the fine print at the bottom of the mailer/email. ;) Bonus dollars will be credited after the promotion is over. For example, we had the same one July-Aug-Sept and it credited in October. So the current one should credit in January. :)

Man,this offer couldn't have come at a better time. I just got the offer and had to charge $3200 for airline tickets to Disney in mid February!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring the 5x rewards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

thank you so much for the info... it was bugging me since this was the first time I signed up for a promotion. Now I will know how it works for future reference!:yay:

I signed up for the 5x for utilities and telecommunications, but my utility company won't allow credit card payments! I have been charging our cell phone bills, and I am curious as to how much I'll receive at the end of the promotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter